Looking for...

Postby katiek0417 » January 23rd, 2008, 11:17 am

Okay, I have a very good friend, I've been to her house...she is looking for a good family dog. She doesn't have a ton of money to buy a puppy, so she wanted to do rescue.

She is looking for a lab (or lab mix), gender doesn't matter, age 3-7, but is flexible on the lower end (will do a 2 year old)...doesn't want to do a puppy, though, b/c she'd like one whose personality is already out (and you know it will do with other people, kids, etc)...(I actually have a puppy that I'm looking to rehome, but it's a puppy, and she's set in wanting something older).

She has 2 kids, both boys. Her eldest, Brenden is 7, and her baby, Devin, is 6 months. She's married to a great guy (Guy is his name)...she has a single-family home in a Baltimore suburb with fenced-in back yard and swimming pool.

She doesn't care about color. She'd give this dog a great home...she's been to shelters in the area, but for the labs, they haven't been able to tell her how the dog is with kids, etc...

She will be working with a trainer (Greg and I) and she wants to start working on obedience with the dog shortly after she gets it (she will wait to bond with the dog first)...

So, if anyone has anything, please let me know!! I personally vouch for her and her family...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » January 23rd, 2008, 11:24 am

I've got a good friend on another board that does lab rescue...just got in an active, very handsome chocolate lab. She has a young daughter, so anything she fosters is good with kids.

The rescue is in NY state, but I think they adopt out of state...let me ask her and find out. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » January 23rd, 2008, 11:35 am

Erin, thank you!!! Please let me know....like I said, I personally vouch for Brandy and the rest of the family....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Marinepits » January 23rd, 2008, 3:34 pm

http://daws.org/dogs.htm

They have a few labs and even one Chessie. Let me know if you're interested and I can put you in touch with the Director.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » January 23rd, 2008, 4:24 pm

She said she loves the looks of Bella...can you please PM me so I can try to get more info on her?

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby airwalk » January 23rd, 2008, 6:56 pm