clack clack clack

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » March 19th, 2006, 2:24 am

Riggs is a clacker, just like Connor. When you 'out' him from a toy he chatters his teeth together for a few seconds.

Riggs was at my parent's house Friday and Saturday; a few times he did laps of the kitchen clacking his teeth and running. Cute, but a little weird.

does anyone else's dog so this?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby rockermom » March 19th, 2006, 10:07 am

Teeth dont clack but mouth chatters when commanded releasing a toy or when told to stop mouthing. I thought it was like a Im not doing anything like sometimes he goes into a yawn. Weird it is!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » March 19th, 2006, 11:12 am

Hopscotch will do this occasionally, too!
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 19th, 2006, 12:28 pm

lol! Ben does that when he's extremely excited and wanting you to throw his toy! Sorta like a human would do when cold? It gives me the chills, but makes me laugh.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » March 19th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Oh my god! Shorty does this ALL the time -- whether she wants a toy, her food, the squirrels, whatever. It's soooo funny! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pitcrew » March 20th, 2006, 9:54 pm

I have had 2 dogs that do that. My GSD (rip) and my rescued boston/pit Libby.
Both of them high energy/high strung dogs... and they did it in situations where they wanted something or wanted to do something that they had to restrain themselves from. (Libby? Self control? :o ) LOL
Libby also does it to sour or tart foods she likes (like grapejuice or lick of a Jolly Rancher) But she has a small cleft that I think effects her taste and smell (possibly for the better... I am observing this possibility, but its hard to tell).
Here is a picture of her smiling. You can see her harelip. Imagine those chops chattering. It doesnt make a noise, but its really cute!
[img][img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/pitpack/cheese.jpg[/img]
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2006, 7:22 pm

He was allowed off leash in my yard for the first time today. He ran around in circles clacking. He was sooooo intent on running laps. This is alos the first time I've seen him 'jog' and wow, I sure can see why he won in the ring. He is really pretty to watch!

And man does he love the spring pole... 5 minutes and he is wiped which is just fine with me!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Training & Behavior