About Mickey and his illness...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby amazincc » January 4th, 2008, 11:48 pm

Phew! Threw me for a loop and made me cry buckets since I found out... also made me look at the world a little different... and made me look at people in a different light.
I'm a cynic... and I don't like people, for the most part. I'm a lot like Mick that way... :wink:
But you guys... you all just simply are the best bunch of friends a girl and a Pit Bull could ask for, and words can't express my gratitude for all the love and support you guys have sent our way. And the Header... the ribbons... the signatures... ack! - don't even get me started on those, or I'll start bawling again...

However - I do know that Mick sadly isn't unique, having been diagnosed w/Lymphoma, and I want all of you to know that we don't plan on being "conversation hoggers" from now on.
We ALL love our dogs and when they get hurt or are ill - whether it's a paper cut or something major - we all need the love and support of like-minded people to get through it. I don't want one single person to feel "left out" or to hesitate about posting something regarding their dog(s) problem/illness/vet visit... whatever it may be.
If it's important to you, it's important to me... and I deserve to share it w/you, to cheer you on, or to send good thoughts your way.
Coming here helps me to cope... and in turn helps Mick... so, please, don't take that away from us by being overly cautious about what and how you post!
Also, we want to celebrate all accomplishments of ALL dogs, no matter how big or small they may seem... in that aspect - I expect "business as usual"! :D
Some days I might not feel like posting much myself, but I always read most of what you guys post, new topics and old... so keep that in mind. I'm not ignoring anyone on purpose.

I will continue to post updates in the "lymph nodes" thread instead of starting different topics all over the place, if that's okay...

Lastly - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for being here for us... if Mick could talk, he'd tell you that he most definitely had a "change of heart" about humans - and particularly about humans on this forum - over the past few days! He is realizing that not all people are horrible and that some have more than enough love and compassion to spare for a virtually strange Pit Bull and his Mom... and he is grateful for having experienced so much kindness despite not being such a great ambassador for "his" breed.

Bless all of you.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2008, 12:01 am

And this is exactly why you are such a good friend to all of us, Christine. Now stop making me cry, damn it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » January 5th, 2008, 12:21 am

I agree... that made me cry and smile at the same time! You are an awesome woman Christine and Mick is beyond lucky to have a Mom like you! And WE are all even more way beyond lucky to have 'met' you both!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » January 5th, 2008, 12:26 am

*sniffle*

I love this board. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » January 5th, 2008, 12:26 am

Christine, you've made a difference in every life that you have touched on this board...we love you, and we're going to laugh with you, cry with you, scream with you. We'll do whatever it takes; and we'll do it together!

That's what friends do.
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » January 5th, 2008, 8:53 am

if I could reach through this computer and give you a real hug and give Mick some ear scritches I would! *tear*
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Beth » January 5th, 2008, 9:57 am

I can't add anything to what the gals already said. :groupHug:
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 5th, 2008, 9:58 am

I ditto everybody - if I was able to fly to Florida, I would do so just so I could say I met you and the famous Mick in person (albeit, maybe from a distance :wink:).

Just please keep us updated as we do all care about you and what's going on. And if you need something, please tell us as I know most of us would give our left arms to help you out (or our right arms, if there are lefties on here).

:groupHug:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Robin B » January 5th, 2008, 10:00 am

Sending good thoughts to all of you.
Robin B
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » January 5th, 2008, 10:42 am

Ditto to ~ what everyone else already said as well!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 5th, 2008, 10:49 am

Hugs and prayers for you both, Kato and his mama and all the others fighting cancer too.

Hopefully you'll all kick cancer's butt!!!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby hzumstein » January 5th, 2008, 10:56 am

:groupHug: :groupHug: Prayers and hugs to you and Mick from all of us.
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby delilahsmommy » January 5th, 2008, 1:11 pm

ditto to everything everyone else said and i know how it is to not like people...uhh i despise most of them but this forum is kick butt and everyone on here is a huge help we love you and mick!!!
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby Jeni » January 5th, 2008, 1:45 pm

Awe, Christine - you are an amazing woman!

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said.
Hugs to you and Mick!
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 5th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Ditto to all the dittos! :D :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » January 5th, 2008, 10:08 pm

I have put him on my mom's prayer list at her church. I hope you don't mind. His name will be read this Sunday morning at all 3 services and from then on.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby airwalk » January 5th, 2008, 10:10 pm

All I can say is ditto.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 6th, 2008, 2:35 pm

On January 05 2008, 3:22 PM, Marinepits wrote:Ditto to all the dittos! :D :hug3:

+1000 dittos
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2008, 8:29 pm

I can't add anything but, "Ditto!"
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Return to Canine Cancer