Lymph nodes...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby odnarb » January 2nd, 2008, 10:41 pm

Man, this sucks. I was really hoping to get to the end of the thread and find out he had some sort of infection.

Hugs to both of you Image
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » January 2nd, 2008, 10:47 pm

I am so sorry. I wish you and your family all the best during this hard time.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby dogged » January 2nd, 2008, 10:48 pm

This is heartbreaking news. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.
"Hey, I'm glad I found you. I need your approval to cut down some lollipop trees outside the sea monkey hut. These decisions have to go through you because you're the mayor of crazy town."
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hoyden » January 2nd, 2008, 11:10 pm

I'm sitting here crying with Birdie in my lap.

Gremlin prayed for Mick in her nightly prayers tonight.

We'll be sending you all the healing, strength and prayers we can.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Beth » January 2nd, 2008, 11:11 pm

Oh, Christine. :cry1: I am so sorry to read about this. I was so hopeful to open this thread and see that Mick just had a nasty infection that would be cleared up with antibiotics. I am just heart broken for you and Mick. :groupHug:
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby Stormy » January 2nd, 2008, 11:20 pm

((christine and mick)))

You both will be in my prayers!
Mom to Delaney Jade- Pit Bull mix
Little Jack Slade of Okeechobee Hill -Yorkie/Poodle mix. Both were adopted!
Stormy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 2nd, 2008, 11:27 pm

Hugs prayers and a ton of well wishes to you. I hate the 'c' word, but at least he has a highly treatable form

Hang in there and make each day a good one!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Violet » January 2nd, 2008, 11:49 pm

im so sorry...Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby pmashaney81 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:55 am

On January 01 2008, 10:43 PM, SisMorphine wrote:
On January 01 2008, 10:20 PM, katiek0417 wrote:I'm sorry Christine...I hope he's okay...please let us know...

Fingers and paws crossed over here (I've even got the cat's paws crossed)...

I crossed my legs . . . and that never happens!!
(LOL...sorry had to say big ups for the humor in times of trial. I know they always make me feel better)

So sorry C... we send our best wishes for the treatments and for Mick. Many Hugs!!!
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby demolitionic » January 3rd, 2008, 1:03 am

Christine, I haven't been here for very long (especially not comparatively) but your kind words and positive outlook have touched me every time I visit.

I shed tears over reading about "Mick's gifts", because love like that, from anyone (four legged or two) is special. You two have both reached me in the best way, and I wish only the best for you both, from the very bottom of the deepest corner of my heart.

Mick's been your guardian angel since the beginning, and you're his now.

Everyone here at PBT is for both of you.

I don't know what I could contribute, (other than a sardonic outlook on pretty much EVERYTHING) but give me a task, and I'm on it.

Anything myself or Funny Bunny can do for you, you let us know. I'd be pleased.

God bless you both, and you are in many prayers.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 3rd, 2008, 1:04 am

I am so very sorry to hear this...I'm just sitting here sniffling and wishing I could be there to help.

Stay strong for that big lug...and do whatever you have to do.

My mutt got the same thing...I didn't get treatment, and he had 4 weeks from diagnosis. But you know, they were a great four weeks...he got to do whatever he wanted...all his favorite things up until the day he died...flyball, sunbathing, eating whatever he wanted (including CHOCOLATE)...and being a butthead (which was his favorite thing). So no matter what...at least you know he's got a short time on this earth...so you can spoil him rotten...no matter when he goes.

:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » January 3rd, 2008, 6:08 am

God Almighty... I'm not READY for this.
I don't want to spoil him for four weeks and then lose him... how does one deal w/something like that???

Cinder... our oncologist read the slides in her office and saw some abnormalities that are not common in B-cell lymphoma, so she is assuming it's T-cell. We'll know for certain in a few days, because they do some sort of DNA testing to be sure.
There are different treatments for both forms, but we started chemo so he won't choke to death in the meantime... and you are right - his neck looks much better right now and he is breathing okay.
She also thinks that the cancer has already spread to his stomach... and ALL the nodes on his body are enlarged and visible... so that's definitely not a good sign.

I can't believe it all just sort of "exploded" overnight... our vet says she has NEVER seen it happen this fast and in ALL the lymph nodes at once at that rate.
Surgery isn't even a remote option at this point...

Mick was sooo good at the oncologist... she didn't want to sedate him for a second time in one day, and we had him muzzled and "pinned", but he was a trooper and actually let her check his neck, take blood and administer his shot without losing his mind... or anyone losing a finger.

Mick doesn't want to eat and he's drinking a LOT of water because of the Prednisone... I hope he gets his appetite back by tomorrow.

Thanks, you guys, for all the hugs and good thoughts... and the ribbons! They actually made me smile after a long, frustrating, rotten day.

I also appreciate all the offers of help... unfortunately this isn't something any of you can "fix" and I feel just as helpless as the rest of you.

My poor guy was HOWLING when he woke up earlier and didn't see me right away... he scared the crap out of me... but I know how he feels. I want to howl myself... :cry: :cry: :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » January 3rd, 2008, 6:43 am

Cinder... our oncologist read the slides in her office and saw some abnormalities that are not common in B-cell lymphoma, so she is assuming it's T-cell. We'll know for certain in a few days, because they do some sort of DNA testing to be sure.
There are different treatments for both forms, but we started chemo so he won't choke to death in the meantime... and you are right - his neck looks much better right now and he is breathing okay.
She also thinks that the cancer has already spread to his stomach... and ALL the nodes on his body are enlarged and visible... so that's definitely not a good sign.

Ok, I see. They sent Kato's out to confirm the B-cell diagnosis too. Maybe Mick's will come back as B-cell...we can hope for that.

I'm so glad his neck is better! Kate's nodes were all really large and swollen and it happened literally overnight as well. I just want you to have hope because Kate is really, really doing well!

There was no way I could accept losing my heart dog in 4 weeks either. It doesn't have to happen. I'm grateful every day that I was able to do chemo.

Lots of love & hugs to you both!

Dee & Kato
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 3rd, 2008, 6:52 am

The prednisone will definitely increase his appetite. That is the only protocol I followed for Carlos. He was happy as a chubba pig.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » January 3rd, 2008, 7:02 am

I am aso sorry Christine...give mick some snuggles
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » January 3rd, 2008, 10:14 am

I'm so sorry Christine

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mick. Try to hang in there
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby PandaBear » January 3rd, 2008, 10:15 am

I just now found this thread...I've been a little slow catching up from the holidays.

Christine I'm so sorry to hear about Mick. It just breaks my heart. I will keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love from me and Panda to both of you!! :hug3:
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Postby lellis34 » January 3rd, 2008, 10:34 am

Christine - I'm so so sorry. I don't even have words to express it. I know how much you love Mick and know how much I love King I can't even imagine - don't WANT to imagine - how you feel. I'm sending you thoughts and prayers and lots of love.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you. Do you have insurance for him? Is there anything you need for him?

:groupHug:
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby cecollins » January 3rd, 2008, 10:36 am

Christine and Mick,
You are both in our thoughts and prayers that Mick WILL pull through this.

Please know that you are both loved tremendously by everyone on this board. And if prayers were all Mick needed to get through this, then he would ten times over.

:groupHug:
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Postby TheRedQueen » January 3rd, 2008, 12:04 pm

Sorry...I didn't want to make you feel worse...
:(

:hug3:

You're in my thoughts...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer