Forwarded message - please reply to ratgurrrlz@yahoo.com

Please Help, Ratta Muffin Is Closing Its Doors

*CROSSPOST*

Hi, I'm Luna, my ex-partner and I split up yesterday. I need help
finding homes for the rescues. Those of you who are familiar with
Ratta Muffin know the amount of rats we have. I'm doing my best but I
need help.

I am not charging adoption fees although a monetary donation would be
nice to help with the rescues I have, it is not necessary though.
The adoption application still applies because I want to make sure
these babies are going into good homes. I also have 3 ferrets and one
cat.

Please take a look at the website. http://www.rattamuffinreskue.org There
are many rats who are not listed because they are being treated
medically and some are biters. Even adopting just one will help and
for those of you who don't mind a biter or a male who needs to be
neutered please contact me.

I'm not sure about the World Rat Day event as of yet but I think
keeping it on will be beneficial and helpful finding homes for the
rats that are still here.

I have a small car and limited funds so if you want to adopt and can
come to Browns Mills, NJ that would be great. If you can't come here
I can try to transport but I'll need compensation for travel
expenses. There are 4 surgeries scheduled next week for tumor
removals.

Please if you can help don't ignore this post. Thanks.
-Luna Foxx
ratgurrrlz@yahoo.com

"To the world you are one person. To a rat you are the world."
Ratta Muffin Rat Reskue
http://www.rattamuffinreskue.org
http://www.rattamuffinshop.com
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Sue » March 13th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Hey Sis!! Where are you??
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 13th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Yah I know she needs a rat.
I would love to have a ferret again but they are so smelly. I had one in high school named Bandit and he used to hop around like a kitten and play at my feet like a puppy. He was so cute. Seriously, anyone want an awesome pet, get a ferret and play with it. Just beware the odor
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 13th, 2006, 8:08 pm

LOL!!

I'm here. I looked at the list, but alas, no blue baby dumbos. I'm being picky this time around, damnit!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 8:41 pm

email the girl see if there are any she is not showing..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 13th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Maryellen wrote:email the girl see if there are any she is not showing..

Good one, ME!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 14th, 2006, 1:20 pm

From the RattaMuffin site:

"Our non-profit status 501(c)3 is pending which means we cannot offer tax-deductable donations just yet. But we have recently received our EIN from the IRS. "

Wow, someone being truthful about their rescue, unbelievable!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 15th, 2006, 1:50 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:From the RattaMuffin site:

"Our non-profit status 501(c)3 is pending which means we cannot offer tax-deductable donations just yet. But we have recently received our EIN from the IRS. "

Wow, someone being truthful about their rescue, unbelievable!

That's very admirable. I only know of one other rodent rescue that is a non-profit. Good for them!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » March 17th, 2006, 6:55 am

Sis,

I would definitely email them. I was going to adopt 2 rats from them and they had Dumbos and I'm pretty sure they were blue. This was a while ago, but I would give it a shot. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » March 17th, 2006, 8:37 am

CinderDee wrote:Sis,

I would definitely email them. I was going to adopt 2 rats from them and they had Dumbos and I'm pretty sure they were blue. This was a while ago, but I would give it a shot. :)

Rock. I will send off my email today (I've been very very busy).
SisMorphine

Postby call2arms » March 17th, 2006, 2:37 pm

If I had room... But 8 is all I can handle right now.
But the rescue I foster for has plenty anyways...
And! We too are getting our non-profit status soon!!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 17th, 2006, 2:53 pm

call2arms wrote:If I had room... But 8 is all I can handle right now.

That's awesome!!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby CinderDee » March 17th, 2006, 11:24 pm

call2arms wrote:If I had room... But 8 is all I can handle right now.

WTG, Call! Post some pics of them! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby call2arms » March 18th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Marsellus
Mom and babies (she came to me as a foster... Discovered she was pregnant when she popped 12 pinkies...) She's the spawn of evil.
Baby boys
Me and one of the girls
Pinkies

4 of the boys are still up for adoption, here's their petfinder page: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4548081&adTarget=&SessionID=441c5b6b41aa2939-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

They're lovely little dudes, anybody want them? Marsellus and Vincent are not himalayan on the petfinder page because we don't want breeders to inquire. Marsellus is neutered anyway, and they only get adopted in pairs, or quartet!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » March 18th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Awww! I love that picture of the rattie in your glasses (nice glasses by the way!). Boy do I miss having ratlets, I really need to get my butt in gear and get some more pointy noses in this house (you know, other than the mice :rolleyes2: )!!

What sort of cages do you like best? I'm always on the lookout for new cages.
SisMorphine

Postby call2arms » March 19th, 2006, 10:34 pm

I have crappy cages rightn ow... See I'm poor, so my girls have a medium sized ferret cage with another grid on top (so it's twice the height) with melamite shelves and towel hammock, plus a house and some toys... They don't know they live in a recycled hobo rat shack... They're happy.
The boys live in a giant rabbit cage (I don't really like it, it's large but not high) with the same accessotirs as the girls...

I LOVE Martin's cages, the rescue person I work with has one and it's amazing, I plan on maybe using my tax return to buy one, but shipping is insanely pricey. I also need aspen chips (they're hard to come by around here), it's the only absorbant bedding my girls don't rip apart and make a nest with. Corn cob is ok, but it dosen't absorb enough for the boys (they suck at peeing in their litter box...).
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » March 19th, 2006, 10:37 pm

call2arms wrote:I have crappy cages rightn ow... See I'm poor, so my girls have a medium sized ferret cage with another grid on top (so it's twice the height) with melamite shelves and towel hammock, plus a house and some toys... They don't know they live in a recycled hobo rat shack... They're happy.
The boys live in a giant rabbit cage (I don't really like it, it's large but not high) with the same accessotirs as the girls...

I LOVE Martin's cages, the rescue person I work with has one and it's amazing, I plan on maybe using my tax return to buy one, but shipping is insanely pricey. I also need aspen chips (they're hard to come by around here), it's the only absorbant bedding my girls don't rip apart and make a nest with. Corn cob is ok, but it dosen't absorb enough for the boys (they suck at peeing in their litter box...).

I prefer to use this Carefresh-esque bedding that holds the scent better than Carefresh . . . of course I can't remember what it's called right now . . .

My friend gave me her old ferret cage. I have some cleaning and rearranging of shelves to do, but once I get my babies, and they get a little bit bigger, they will be living in this mother of a cage:
Talk about spoiled ratlets!!
SisMorphine

Postby call2arms » March 19th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Nice. I saw one going on ebay just like that for about 120$. But of course I'm broke right now. Well, broke for things that aren't urgent. The rats are so much out of their cage that I think they could care less...
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pLaurent » March 20th, 2006, 2:25 pm

What sort of cages do you like best?

Martin's cages are in my opinion, the ONLY really good cages made especially for rats.

I'm in Canada and I ordered several. They are very reasonably priced, even with the exchange of $$ and the duty. They are also very easy to clean.

Bird, hamster and guinea pig cages just aren't suitable for rats who need tons of room, and tall cages with horizontal bars to climb.

Martin's are incredible!!! :) Here's a (poor) pic of mine. Very tall, and plenty of room for nests and toys. Ratties love it!!
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 2:38 pm

See I look at the Martins Cages and think "Oh what a nightmare to clean!" My other cage that I have, a 4 story Prevue Hendryx, is all wire and I went insane trying to clean the levels and the bars on the sides. The rats I've had in the past haven't been insane chewers of plastic, so that's why I'm hoping that these plastic levels hold up because they will be SO MUCH easier to clean.

I've also looked into making a Rat Grotto (if you google it you'll find some examples) because they have almost no wire and must be EXTREMELY easy to clean.
SisMorphine

Next

Return to Rescue