Sick crap

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 17th, 2006, 2:23 pm

http://www.kirotv.com/news/8049419/deta ... &qs=1;bp=t

Reward Offered for Puppy Attacked By Acid

POSTED: 12:04 am PST March 16, 2006
UPDATED: 1:40 pm PST March 16, 2006

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. -- A big reward is being offered for information leading to whoever is responsible for a brutal attack on a puppy.

A local group is now offering $10,000 for information about who immersed the dog in acid, burning it so severely that a veterinarian had to put it down.

Reward posters are going up in Federal Way.

Veterinarians who put the four-month old puppy to sleep believe someone soaked it in acid. The smell was so strong, some of the vet's staff had to go to the hospital themselves.

The veterinarians who tried to treat the four-month-old pit bull named Mooey are so traumatized by what they saw, they're demanding justice.

Dr. Ivy Engstrom says, “I want whoever did this to be prosecuted. If they did this to a dog, what are they going to do to kids?”

REWARD INFORMATION:
If you have information, contact Pasado's Safe Haven.

Mooey was barely alive when she was spotted in a Federal Way backyard by a little girl, several doors down from where the puppy lived.

Doris Carlson lives several doors down from where the puppy lived, “My little great-granddaughter, who is four, said 'There’s a puppy in our backyard!’ We went out there and looked and there it was!”

Mooey's fur and skin was literally falling off. Carlson says Mooey was, “just bloody. Paws and hair all falling off.”

They wrapped the pup up, racing to the Animal Hospital. Even though the dog was wagging her tail, she was in agony. The doctors took pictures of the the acid burns.

Chris Tolman from the Valley Animal Hospital says saving the puppy would have been difficult. “Every inch of her skin would have needed a transplant,” he said. “There was nothing to save!”

The owner of the puppy tells KIRO he believes someone took it from his yard, after dousing it with acid.

“They said it could’ve been possibly someone threw something on the dog, through the fence,” the owner told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

Federal Way police are trying to figure out if the dog was soaked in Muriatic acid, which you use to clean concrete, and it's also an ingredient in methamphetamine
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » March 17th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Oh my god. That is absolutely disgusting :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » March 17th, 2006, 2:26 pm

horrible, just horrible... what the hell is wrong with humans??????
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 17th, 2006, 2:55 pm

WTF is wrong with people!!!??? And they're right...it starts with animals but does not stop there. Attacks on humans isn't far behind...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Asta » March 17th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Just so sad and infuriating. I cant add anything else that hasnt already been written :(

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL