Lymph nodes...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby mnp13 » January 2nd, 2008, 1:11 pm

:shock:

My first thought is to get to a hardware store, buy a pair of bolt cutters and get that collar off of him, I'm sure it's not helping his breathing, which will make him even more scared. My little Ace Hardware would probably just cut it off for me and spare me the $25 to buy them.

I hope the vet is wrong and it's something that can be taken care of quickly.

I'd also drop that ER a note and thank them, then send the bill back to the other vet and tell them where to stick it.

Please keep us updated.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » January 2nd, 2008, 1:19 pm

oh wow, how awful. Christine, I am so sorry, please keep us updated as you can.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2008, 1:27 pm

Oh no...I went through this same thing with my old mixed breed...I was so hoping that it wasn't Lymphoma.

:cry:

Please tell Christine that I'm thinking about her and Mick if you talk to her again Liz...:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby msvette2u » January 2nd, 2008, 1:49 pm

On January 02 2008, mnp13 wrote::shock:

My first thought is to get to a hardware store, buy a pair of bolt cutters and get that collar off of him, I'm sure it's not helping his breathing, which will make him even more scared. My little Ace Hardware would probably just cut it off for me and spare me the $25 to buy them.

I hope the vet is wrong and it's something that can be taken care of quickly.

I'd also drop that ER a note and thank them, then send the bill back to the other vet and tell them where to stick it.

Please keep us updated.

x2 bolt cutters...in fact any FIRE STATION could probably get that collar off in a heartbeat...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 2nd, 2008, 2:00 pm

Oh my gawd. I am so sorry Christine. I can't believe this is happening to you. :cry: BUT, it's not over till it's over my friend. Don't give up, dogs have been known to surprise us. Let's hope Mickey baby has some surprises up his sleeve. Hugging you from afar :hug3:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » January 2nd, 2008, 2:12 pm

Thanks, you guys... you all mean the world to me and Mick.

I had the vet tech cut off the collar as soon as we got there.

I have the slides for the oncologist to read on me, so I can bring them to her in person... we will know for sure in a couple of hours.

I am trying very hard not to cry right now, so Mick won't get upset or anxious... but, God, I LOVE this guy w/all my heart...

I will post an update when we get home later on this afternoon.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 2nd, 2008, 2:19 pm

I'm glad you got his collar cut off. How's his breathing? How's YOUR breathing?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby gayrghts » January 2nd, 2008, 2:21 pm

On January 02 2008, 1:12 PM, amazincc wrote:Thanks, you guys... you all mean the world to me and Mick.

but, God, I LOVE this guy w/all my heart...

Christine, and Mick, and your daughter as well...

I think i can say that the entire forum loves Mick... and you.... and you both mean the world to us....

Please know that we are all behind you and supporting you.... thanks for letting Liz know earlier... and yes please let us know as soon as you can, what the verdict is, and what the plans are....

oh, and give Mick a huggle from everyone... :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2008, 2:51 pm

Glad his collar is off...I'm sure that's helping.

Remember we're all here for you...we all love the big guy too. We're rootin' for him...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby luvmypitties » January 2nd, 2008, 2:57 pm

Christine I am so sorry. I will agree with Heather. We all love the big lug and you more than you know! Both of you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby lellis34 » January 2nd, 2008, 3:51 pm

OMG Christine!! I'm so so sorry for you and Mick. Hopefully they're wrong and it's just a major infection of some kind. I'm in tears here for you and can't imagine what you're going through. I know if it was King I'd be a total mess. Please keep us updated. Paws and fingers crossed for you.
:groupHug:
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby cecollins » January 2nd, 2008, 4:14 pm

Oh my god, Christine and Mick I am sending you good thoughts and prayers that everything turns out ok. :cry:
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Postby jmashaney » January 2nd, 2008, 4:25 pm

Prayers and positive thoughts from all of us here! :hug3:
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby luvmypitties » January 2nd, 2008, 4:40 pm

I feel so helpless. I want to do something to help!!! She is always helping people out! I wish there were more for me to do!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 2nd, 2008, 4:46 pm

On Wed, Jan 02 2008, 3:40 PM, luvmypitties wrote:I feel so helpless. I want to do something to help!!! She is always helping people out! I wish there were more for me to do!

Let's all take a deep breath and wait for a definitive diagnosis and plan. Once we know for sure what is going on, we can direct our efforts in the most helpful way possible. Believe me, I understand everyone's frustration and helplessness because I feel the same way. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » January 2nd, 2008, 5:24 pm

:hug3: for you

:hug3: for Mick

Cinderdee's Kato had chemo and his prognosis is excellent! Mick can kick cancer's as$ too!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby blayzeingsun » January 2nd, 2008, 6:25 pm

christine and mick i'm so sorry i just got on here and read this! I hope everything turns out okay. let us know if there's anyhting we can do to help.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 2nd, 2008, 6:31 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this Christine. This is exactly what happened to my Kato back in August. Please take heart though! Kato has been having chemo and is in remission! He's doing beautifully and feels great! Mick can beat it too!!! *hugs to you both*
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » January 2nd, 2008, 6:57 pm

I just found this. Myself, Wally and Teeny are sending the best thoughts to you and Mick right now. We know you guys can get through this. And damn I'm hoping that the vet was wrong . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » January 2nd, 2008, 6:59 pm

Poor Mick...
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer