house broke dog poops on floor

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby krcouch » March 16th, 2006, 5:26 pm

I have a question I need help with. I have a dog that is fully house trained. My boyfriend let all the dogs outside. Everybody pooped but Diamond. Ten minutes after they came back in, he found poop in the laundry room. What would cause her to do this & how should we handle this? Thank you for any & all advice. Kimberly
krcouch
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 16th, 2006, 5:38 pm

How olds is the dog?

Is she healthy?

Did you chang her diet?

Did she poop before or after being let out?

How long was she holding it prior to being let out.

Do you walk her or just let her out the back door?

:)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Is it the first time? It might be a fluke.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 16th, 2006, 6:16 pm

Besides what is already mentioned are there any new stressors in the home... new pet??
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby krcouch » March 17th, 2006, 8:48 am

She's 2yrs. old, first time its happened in about 9 months, she was just out 10 min. prior to it happening, no change in diet, no illness, nothing of the sort. I'm thinking when she was outside she was to busy exploring & then when Rick called them in she still hadn't even thought about relieving herself. It's just all the other dogs do their business first, then sniff around. she skips straight to the sniffing around part. We do not take them out on leashes but watch them the whole time their out. Most of them come back to the door as soon as their done going to the bathroom. We let them out the back door to do their business, & out the front door when it is playtime. They all know when they go out the back door, do your business and get back inside. When we go out the front door they know they can take their time, sniff, play, and what not. They all went out and everyone pooped but her. I hope this answers everyones questions. I hope it was just a one time fluke. thank you - Kimberly
krcouch
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 17th, 2006, 8:53 am

Wasn't her fault then. It was your husbands. Leave her out till she goes. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Return to Training & Behavior