Live Bait for Class

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby SisMorphine » March 16th, 2006, 11:33 pm

So today in post-grad we decided to up the ante a little for our "leave it" bait. Everyone was leaving the leather glove, the bowl of cheerios, and even the cat food. So we brought out the big guns . . .

My rabbit, Sexy Rexy :twisted:

We put her in an ex-pen and had the dogs, on leash, take leave it commands one by one. It was SO MUCH FUN! Rexy is such a little wenchbag that she sat there and poked her nose through the bars, just begging the dogs to get closer. And then she took a time out to wash her face while dogs were straining at their leashes and whining, just wanting a little piece of her fat butt.

Most other rabbits would have probably had a heart attack and died, but not my monster. She took it all in stride and then asked for more :) It was so much fun!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2006, 11:35 pm

:o

you've got serious balls!

you should have taken a picture!!!

Have you ever seen the picture of the cat walking in front of 10 German Shepherds?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » March 16th, 2006, 11:44 pm

I think I've seen that picture of the GSD's with a funny caption or something?

So did any of the dogs actually not try to eat the bunny, and do well with the leave it command?
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » March 16th, 2006, 11:49 pm

JennKBM wrote:I think I've seen that picture of the GSD's with a funny caption or something?

So did any of the dogs actually not try to eat the bunny, and do well with the leave it command?

They all did EXTREMELY well with the leave it command. In fact, the Boxer puppy started out barking at her and ended up terrified of her within 2 quick corrections. LOL!!

This rabbit has been known to attack rats, ferrets, chinchillas, and even attempt to take a bite out of a few cats. She fears NOTHING! And her best friend is a Rottweiler. She's my crazy rescue bunny :)

Here is my Sexy Rexy:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » March 16th, 2006, 11:50 pm

mnp13 wrote:you should have taken a picture!!!

Well I think the trainer will be using her for the next round of classes, so in about 6-8 weeks, so I'll snap some pics then.
SisMorphine

Postby a-bull » March 16th, 2006, 11:54 pm

omg that is HYSTERICAL!! :screamLaugh:

I can honestly say I'm not sure my rabbits or my dogs could have handled either end of that. (Well, actually, my rabbits are dead now, so I guess they could at this point) . . . :angel2:
a-bull
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 17th, 2006, 12:08 am

That's a very pretty rabbit! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » March 17th, 2006, 12:26 am

a-bull wrote: (Well, actually, my rabbits are dead now, so I guess they could at this point) . . . :angel2:

I'm not sure whether to cry or laugh at that remark . . . so I'll just shrug :|
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » March 17th, 2006, 12:27 am

JennKBM wrote:That's a very pretty rabbit! :)

Thanks she's my baby girl :D
SisMorphine

Postby Romanwild » March 17th, 2006, 9:05 am

I can finally use the Monty Python emoticon!

:python:

She reminds me ofs the rabbitt in The Holy Grail! lol
Romanwild
I live here

Postby a-bull » March 17th, 2006, 10:12 am

SisMorphine wrote:
a-bull wrote: (Well, actually, my rabbits are dead now, so I guess they could at this point) . . . :angel2:

I'm not sure whether to cry or laugh at that remark . . . so I'll just shrug :|

Well, after 8 or so years of living, which I guess is pretty good for rabbits---and given that they were rescues, a chuckle would be o.k. I was sad, but it has been years at this point, so I went out on a limb w/a little humor. That'll teach me . . . :?
a-bull
I live here

Postby Malli » March 17th, 2006, 1:32 pm

omg, no way no how my dog would have done that, thats awesome!!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pLaurent » March 18th, 2006, 12:35 am

That is indeed a bunn of great valour! :D

And speaking of "balls" here's the pic mentioned:

"Yea though I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death......."
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » March 18th, 2006, 12:38 am

LOL! Great picture!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 18th, 2006, 1:10 am

That is a great picture.

If that rude little black squirrel doesn't stay the hell out of my fabric - you'll have a genuine stuffed squirrel for training class.

The little furry fabric thief waits on the roof until the dogs go down the steps, then scurries through the open sliding door and dives into the polar fleece pile.

I left some scrap fabric on a stump near his tree, but that wasn't good enough for him - he wants the black & blue flame fleece.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Purple » March 18th, 2006, 10:10 am

Hoyden wrote:That is a great picture.

If that rude little black squirrel doesn't stay the hell out of my fabric - you'll have a genuine stuffed squirrel for training class.

The little furry fabric thief waits on the roof until the dogs go down the steps, then scurries through the open sliding door and dives into the polar fleece pile.

I left some scrap fabric on a stump near his tree, but that wasn't good enough for him - he wants the black & blue flame fleece.

That's funny!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 18th, 2006, 11:00 am

Metrosexual squirrel: All about the fashion.
SisMorphine

Postby ellie@ny » March 18th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Seems like your rabbit is a tough one!! :)
That GSD pic made me think how did they get the cat walking front of the GSD's? :| And also look at some of the GSD face's,they like: letmegether...letmegether....
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 18th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Cute bunny!! I love rabbits but haven't had one in years. I would love to have them but I don't think thye would last a day here.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » March 18th, 2006, 3:28 pm

ellie@ny wrote:Seems like your rabbit is a tough one!! :)
That GSD pic made me think how did they get the cat walking front of the GSD's? :| And also look at some of the GSD face's,they like: letmegether...letmegether....

I had the same thought, brave dang cat. Though I wonder if it appears to be a training exercise as well. It appears that really only about 3 or 4 aren't even affected by the cat. Thier faces are directly forward as to be looking at a handler of something, while the others are all fixated on the cat. One even appears to not be sitting, but ready to go directly after the cat.
Jenn
undecided

Next

Return to Training & Behavior