Wasn't meant to be.

Postby hzumstein » December 22nd, 2007, 11:08 am

Last night after all was done feeding walking and playing everyone was in their respective places separate for each other. We went to the grocery store. We came back home around 10 and started letting each one out for one last potty break before bed time. When we got to the second kennel where Ravioli was he was under his cover but when we opened the kennel he didn't come out. When I reached in he had passed. He has been vet checked and passed with flying colors he was dew for his next set of shot in two weeks and he had been fine especially all day yesterday. I could find nothing wrong. He had been lose in the house with me and kept a sharp eye on him. I have a freind who is a vet etc and they are going to do an autopsy today. :(
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » December 22nd, 2007, 11:20 am

I thought you found Ravioli dead on December 1st?? :?
Jenn
undecided

Postby hzumstein » December 22nd, 2007, 11:27 am

2ND
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » December 22nd, 2007, 11:30 am

Like a jr? I'm sorry, didn't realize it.
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » December 22nd, 2007, 11:32 am

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that :( It'll be interesting to see what the necropsy turns up. Poor pup :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » December 22nd, 2007, 1:13 pm

I am very sorry. :(

Please do not take this as me blaming you. I just need to quote Dr. Phil.

"If you keep doing the same thing, you are going to keep getting the same results."

I hope there wasn't something in the kennel that he ate or something got into his kennel.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » December 22nd, 2007, 1:21 pm

Wow. In 6yrs. of doing rescue, we've not had a dog just up and die.
I'm sorry for your loss.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Scout » December 22nd, 2007, 1:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Ravioli...RIP.
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby amazincc » December 22nd, 2007, 1:36 pm

RIP, Ravioli 2... :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hzumstein » December 22nd, 2007, 1:56 pm

I will not know anything until Monday for sure but the vet doing the aut. said that he thinks that it my be a heart condition that my other vet missed. I am sure there was nothing in his crate that he could eat. I take their collars off when they go in because I am afraid they will eat them or hang there selves. I don't know how something would have got in there because every one else was in their crates also. I am at a loss. The heart condition is just what the other vet is assuming at this point I will let you know later when I find out.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » December 22nd, 2007, 2:10 pm

I'm sorry you lost him so unexepectedly, RIP little guy.
Jenn
undecided

Postby gayrghts » December 22nd, 2007, 6:02 pm

Sorry he died....

I truly hope you do not get another puppy right now.....

Death of 2, in this short a period of time....

(no matter what the reason)

sounds to me like time to take a break for a while....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » December 22nd, 2007, 6:07 pm

Out of respect for the deceased puppy we should start another thread if anyone wants to comment besides offering their condolences... just my own personal opinion, of course... :(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 22nd, 2007, 6:38 pm

Out of respect for the deceased puppy we should start another thread if anyone wants to comment besides offering their condolences...

Thank you, Christine.

RIP Ravioli the 2nd.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » December 22nd, 2007, 9:49 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss...

RIP Little Guy, Run Free
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » December 23rd, 2007, 12:18 am

I think it is great that you are doing a necropsy, it will give you peace and if you find a preventable cause, you can learn from it.

RIP Ravioli II
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby luvmypitties » December 23rd, 2007, 5:28 pm

I am sorry for your loss
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » December 23rd, 2007, 5:53 pm

Run and play at the Rainbow Bridge poor lil one who didn't get much of a chance to enjoy life on earth.

I'm very sorry that you lost your pup :(
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby hzumstein » December 26th, 2007, 11:12 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that the vet called this morning and told me that Ravioli had a very enlarged heart and maybe a few more vet visits and it would have been detected but since he was so young he had only been twice to get shots. He said he believed it was just too much fir his little body to work with. I have to work a full day today so after work I will be picking him and taking him out in the country to parents to burry him in our little pet cemetery. Were my childhood pets and the other Ravioli was put to rest. Thank all of you for your care and concerns! :(
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » December 26th, 2007, 3:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Now that there are confirmed heart problems in her line I hope the breeder does not repeat this or any other breedings. Run free baby! :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends