Pix of 2 girls and foster (now named Harley)!

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby Insomnia » March 13th, 2006, 11:10 am

Some pix I took b4 coming to work today....poor dogs, raining hard outside, can't go out and play.

As you can see, Princess is ready for the baseball season! She's a big Yankee fan, her favourite is Wang!

Here's Pipi, sporting a shirt that makes her look fat!

And here's the little guy, I named him Harley, if u haven't read, I found him a block away from my apartment, hoping to find someone to adopt...but I really wanna keep him. I'm pretty sure he's not a stray, I think it's an accidental litter and someone dumped him in my neighborhood, 'cuz ppl would know all the resident strays on this road. He's now quarantined from my dogs 'til he recovers from sarcoptic mange. Do you guys see any Bully in him???

And here's Harley's temperoary dog house on my balcony, it's kinda chilly out, so I kinda made some adjustments to block from the elements.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pLaurent » March 13th, 2006, 11:58 am

Princess looks just darling in her little sweater! Such a pretty girl.

Tell Pipi she doesn't look fat - just prosperous. :wink:

In the first pic of Harley, I see rottie, but hard to tell at that age.Very cute guy.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 12:06 pm

i see rott and maybe shep mix... make sure its warm on the balcony for little harley, he needs to be kept warm due to the mange, as you want to make sure he fully recovers.. i would ask the vet when he can be kept inside the house, she might say now is fine. he is really too young to be out in the elements especially with mange.. can you set up his house and stuff in a spare bedroom or the living rooom??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Insomnia » March 13th, 2006, 12:33 pm

Maryellen wrote:i see rott and maybe shep mix... make sure its warm on the balcony for little harley, he needs to be kept warm due to the mange, as you want to make sure he fully recovers.. i would ask the vet when he can be kept inside the house, she might say now is fine. he is really too young to be out in the elements especially with mange.. can you set up his house and stuff in a spare bedroom or the living rooom??

Yeah, the Vet say he's a lot better now, and I have to take him in, in 2 more days for the 2nd shot, and she say he should be fine then to interact with my dogs......do u guys think that's too soon?? She say the scabie dies really quick after the ivermectin shots. The temperature outside is about 13 degrees celsius, about 55 fareinheit, I stuffed the dog house with as much blankets as possible.......I don't have a extra crate inside right now, I guess I'll have to buy one tomorrow, I'm off at work tonight so Princess doens't get to sleep on my bed, she's in the only crate.......
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Insomnia » March 13th, 2006, 12:36 pm

[quote="pLaurent"]
Tell Pipi she doesn't look fat - just prosperous. :wink:
quote]

:D I love the way you describe Pipi!
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 13th, 2006, 2:01 pm

All I see is CUTE!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 11:05 pm

with the temperature low i would bring him in the house now.. set up a crate for him, this way he will stay warm . he must be stress free and warm to help get rid of the mange.. nutrition, stress free, and proper environment mean alot to recovering pups that young from mange.. you can bring him in the house, and put him in a crate, and then block off the crate for now so the other dogs cant touch him.. once the dr gives the ok you should be fine then. you dont want the pup freezing outside if the temperature drups too much when you are not home and dont realize it.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Malli » March 14th, 2006, 10:51 pm

I think usually "healthy" dogs should not get mange anyway, right?

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby a-bull » March 15th, 2006, 11:55 am

Nice looking pups!

Are your Boston Red Sox shirts in the laundry??? :P
a-bull
I live here

Postby Insomnia » March 16th, 2006, 10:49 am

Maryellen wrote:with the temperature low i would bring him in the house now.. set up a crate for him, this way he will stay warm . he must be stress free and warm to help get rid of the mange.. nutrition, stress free, and proper environment mean alot to recovering pups that young from mange.. you can bring him in the house, and put him in a crate, and then block off the crate for now so the other dogs cant touch him.. once the dr gives the ok you should be fine then. you dont want the pup freezing outside if the temperature drups too much when you are not home and dont realize it.

I went out and got a crate the same night, and I placed a portable heater by it. Now he sleeps very warm and sound. But today, he's got diahrea :( The vet prescribed some tummy medicine, have to monitor for a few days. He's no longer itchy and in 2 more days, he'll be ready to join Princess and Pipi going crazy in my apartment.

Also...how do u rescuers do it?? I mean...this is the first foster I have, well, I've kept my friend's dog that he didn't want b4, but that doesn't count.........now I feel I'm too attached to Harley to put him up for adoption...I worry that he will not be spoiled in his new home. I mean, I can interview and all that, but most ppl have bad dog keeping habits here.....but I also worry what if I come across another stray that needed help? I sure can't have another dog......

Will post some new pix soon, he's skin & fur looks soooo much better now.......forgot how to house break a puppy, he is soooo much trouble.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Insomnia » March 16th, 2006, 10:51 am

a-bull wrote:Nice looking pups!

Are your Boston Red Sox shirts in the laundry??? :P

Thanx for the comment on the pups :)

Nooooooo way we have any Red Sox shirts around here. :P
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » March 16th, 2006, 1:35 pm

I'm sure there are people in your area that will be a great home for him. Thats what all the visits and adoption application and fees are for, to weed out those who wouldn't give him the kind of care he deserves.

Maybe there is someone on the board that lives closer to you that could help you through your first foster ?

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Maryellen » March 16th, 2006, 1:39 pm

we can all help you thru your first foster if you decide to give him up. michelle posted some great stuff in the rescue section too, and you can ask any of us that are in rescue for help...

make sure he cant chew the heater wires or he will give him self a good electric shock, or set the house on fire..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Insomnia » March 16th, 2006, 2:12 pm

hehe...will make an official announcement as in whether I'm keeping him or not.....very tough call. A lot of it will be if my parents are willing to let him hang out in their apartment when I'm at work, Princess already hang out there...but a puppy is TOTALLY different....errr

It's tough to adopt out here 'cuz the over abundance of strays needing help, and the rescues here aren't all that picky about adopters, it's nice just to have someone willing to take in a stray, and they don't charge adoption fee to make adopting easier. A lot of ppl who is willing to take in a stray will do so without an rescue, so easy just to pick out a dog on the streets. If I decide to give him up, I can list with some rescues here, but a lot of their pets has been sitting in foster homes forever. The shelters here will euthanize if the animal don't get adopted in an x amount of time.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Gallery and Cinema