i hate cingular

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » March 14th, 2006, 4:02 pm

i have had them for a year.. no problems .. i had to upgrade my phone because it broke, the led screen blacked out, then it stopped working, then i couldnt even turn the phone on.. so i upgrade. get the new phone. its scratched and the buttons dont work right.... so i call cingular.. tell them what happened.. they send me a new phone.. well, new phone has scratches on it and doesnt even turn on.. call themagain.. now my cigarette lighter adapter breaks when i use it, a plastic piece gets stuck in my phone when i charge it, and i need pliers to take the piece out.. call cingular again.. tell them the phone is defective, the adapter too, they will send me a new everything.. what do i get in the mail.. no phone as of yet, but a travel charger and wireless headset... so call them again, they cant find the order for the new phone.. transfer me to another dept.. finally i get someone and they say the phone that i ordered on 3/8/06 wasnt done until 3/11/06... so i say i dont care, i want a new phone that is not defective or used.... after spending 2 weeks since march 1st on the phone with them i went to verizon today.. once i get all the stuff from cingular that they are mailing me i am sending it all back with a detailed letter to cancel my account.. i had verizon for 12 years.. i should have never left....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 14th, 2006, 4:08 pm

I hate them too. I signed up with their family plan. They sent me the wrong phones. I called them, argued with them over which phones I was supposed to receive, spoke to a supervisor, finally made arrangements to to receive the right ones. I get them a couple of days later. They never work right. I spend more time redialing numbers than actually talking to people. Sent off the rebates that came with the phones. Got a notcie that the rebates were expired. Called back & once again argued with them since THEY are the ones who screwed up, talked to another supervisor, got the rebate ordeal settled. Phones still do not work. After throwing one at the wall I decided to go with T-Mobile. I did end up getting ONE of my rebates, not the two I was supposed to get. I gave up since I skipped out on my contract anyway. Screw them. T-Mobile rocks!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Miakoda » March 14th, 2006, 4:13 pm

I loved Cingular! I had them when they were Bellsouth & then changed. I was with them for 10 good years. But alas, I got married & my husband had to have control over the cell phone companies. So I've gone from a Sprint phone to a Nextel phone (which is still Sprint's crap btw) & I have had nothing but problems. I get crappy service, I can rarely call out (I always get a busy signal so I have to turn my phone off then back on then off again then back on again & try try again to make the call), my calls always seem to cut out right when the conversation is gettin juicy & plus their contracts completely suck on top of the outrageous prices you have to pay for their just as crappy phones. :rain:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 14th, 2006, 4:14 pm

the service for t mobile up here stinks, so i went back to verizon.. the best? cingular charged my credit card for the 2nd cell they mailed me.. when they knew the first one wasnt working..... boy are they in for a suprise from me..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 14th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Wow. We were going to join Cingulair when we were done with US Cellular which is sometime this fall. Hm. I liked their phones AND their service didn't seem to bad at least not from what I'd heard?
BTW I guess a bunch of the Razr phones were recalled. :|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 14th, 2006, 5:34 pm

I didn't like Cingualr at all and have been very happy with verizion's service. My phone sucks though.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » March 14th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Immediately after 9/11 happened, my husband was down at the Towers helping to dig/rescue/do what he could, and his cell phone was the only one that worked. He passed it around to folks that needed it, including fellow officers whose radios weren't working, until the battery ran out, and Cingular comp'd him all the minutes (something around 230) he went over his plan, plus gave him 3 months free service because he called Cingular to thank them for being the only phone company that worked during the day of 9/11. Lots of families were relieved to know their loved ones were okay just because his phone worked.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Miakoda » March 14th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Marinepits wrote:Immediately after 9/11 happened, my husband was down at the Towers helping to dig/rescue/do what he could, and his cell phone was the only one that worked. He passed it around to folks that needed it, including fellow officers whose radios weren't working, until the battery ran out, and Cingular comp'd him all the minutes (something around 230) he went over his plan, plus gave him 3 months free service because he called Cingular to thank them for being the only phone company that worked during the day of 9/11. Lots of families were relieved to know their loved ones were okay just because his phone worked.

Evertime I've gone somewhere remote (vacation to the Smokey Mntns, parts of Alaska, etc), my Cingular phone was the only one to get service. Oh, I want my Cingular service back........ :itsOK:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 14th, 2006, 6:29 pm

my verizon phone worked pretty good in the moutains here. the cingular works almost as good.. i just got so mad with 14 days of phone calls i made during my work, one day i was on the phonewith them for 4 hours... and i still dont have satisfaction.. when i had verizon i just had to make a call and they took care of it right away... and i still dont have a phone that works right and its been 2 weeks....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 14th, 2006, 6:36 pm

I'd send you my Cingular phone Mia, but I am afraid it no longer works.............not that it did anyway. It was an LG, I've had them before & liked it. The problem was with BOTH phones so I don't think the phone was the problem, not sure though.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bullymommy » March 14th, 2006, 6:51 pm

i love cingular there are parts up here and down into the vegas area (particullarly the highway between reno and vegas) where cingular is the only company that has service!!! verizon up here SUCKS THE BIG WEENIE!!!!! granted i know that different sections of the us has different cells but here verizon drops out constantly and service sucks!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » March 14th, 2006, 6:52 pm

I've had Verizon for a few years and was thinking about switching. I think I'll just stay with them now. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby AllAmericanPUP » March 14th, 2006, 11:57 pm

I love cingular.
I can always get reception(even when i was in the mountains hiking) and my phone is great
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby luvmyangels » March 15th, 2006, 9:45 am

My mom just got rid of Cingular because there signal is horrible. She went to Verizon. My husband and I have had Verizon for about 9 years and have minimal losses of connection. When we have traveled down south we have had very minimal if any trouble picking up a signal.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 15th, 2006, 10:02 am

I have Verizon and love it. Had Sprint a few years back and wanted to constantly bash my head against the wall.

My phone sucks, though. All other Verizon phones get service in areas where mine doesn't. But I think that's because mine went for a brief accidental swim in the dog bowl last summer . . .

I'm up for a new phone in June. I can't wait!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby bullymommy » March 15th, 2006, 9:03 pm

yeah sprint sucks!!!!!!! and swimming in the dog bowl is a bad idea for phones you should tell your phone no next time sis ;)
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 15th, 2006, 9:32 pm

bullymommy wrote:yeah sprint sucks!!!!!!! and swimming in the dog bowl is a bad idea for phones you should tell your phone no next time sis ;)

Oh you'd better believe we had a lengthy, 4 letter word filled, discussion. :hammer:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby bullymommy » March 16th, 2006, 4:03 am

SisMorphine wrote:
bullymommy wrote:yeah sprint sucks!!!!!!! and swimming in the dog bowl is a bad idea for phones you should tell your phone no next time sis ;)

Oh you'd better believe we had a lengthy, 4 letter word filled, discussion. :hammer:

oh yeah i know about those talks i had one with my cordless house phone when it desided to go for a swim in the cats water bowl!!!

wasnt very pretty!!! :chop:
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 16th, 2006, 10:39 am

Well, my daughter dropped her Razr in a bowl of refried beans last night. :o Still works though. And NO I did not buy it for her! It was a gift from her dad.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 16th, 2006, 10:53 am

holy cow can i be adopted by her dad too??? a razr? wow! i should get my new verizon phone today.. lets see if it comes in damaged.. and to think this all started march 1st when i got my new upgraded phone... and its still not solved.. i still dont have a replacement from cingular, and i was to have it a week ago.. boy are they going to get a nasty letter from me when i return everything to them. i should have never left verizon..
Maryellen
I live here

Next

Return to Off-Topic