Grizz Update!!!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby amazincc » September 29th, 2007, 1:04 am

Poor boy... I wonder what hell he went through that caused all that... :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » September 29th, 2007, 2:24 am

Wow... he sure found an awesome family to do all that care for him.... AND update you, and love him :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » September 29th, 2007, 8:44 am

OH that poor BOY!!!!! :( He is so lucky to have crossed your path, Yvette. What a wonderful family he has. He is living the good life, now! :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » September 29th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Poor baby. At least he gets to live the rest of his life safe & loved.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 29th, 2007, 3:09 pm

I just keep saying it, but what an awesome family for Grizz!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » December 10th, 2007, 12:12 am

Oh man, this brought tears to my eyes. If ever I needed an update like this, it is NOW...

Hi Yvette,

Sorry I've been so long betweeen updates. Life has gotten in the way of emails!

Grizz had his ear surgery on November 5th. He was pretty sad looking that night after surgery.. that is until one of the girls at work offered him a couple of dog cookies. That perked him up. He had to wear a cone on his head for two weeks following surgery, but he adapted to it pretty well. The hardest thing was that the pseudomonas infection was resistant to EVERYTHING. The surgeon said that we could skip antibiotics post surgery, but that there was a chance that if he missed taking out a small piece of infected tissue, we could have big problems. So we had to do an injectable antibiotic for a week. Let me tell you... I found how far I can push Grizzly. He really didn't like the injections. It was like a rodeo trying to hold him still long enough for it. Because of how big he is, he had to have 14 mls of an antibiotic that stings mildly injected subq once daily. Even after all the torture, he still loves us!!

A few weeks ago, me and the dogs took a drive out to the snow. I can't believe how much he loved it!! He dove into the snow field face first, and rolled around all over in it. He had a blast. Later that same weekend, we got snow at home, so we took him out and made snow balls to throw for him! He loved it too. He would run to where the snowball was thrown to and then dig for it.

I still feel lucky to have found him, and I thank you endlessly for pulling him from the shelter he was in! I can't imagine our life without him.

I'm attaching a few photos from our snow time.

Talk to you again soon.

Summer

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby amazincc » December 10th, 2007, 12:18 am

OMG... this dog just makes me smile from ear to ear each time I read about him! :)
The last picture is hysterical... good ole' Grizz... may he live another 10 years w/that family!
Thanks, Yvette... this post made me very happy! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » December 10th, 2007, 12:49 am

Those are the sweetest pics ever!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » December 10th, 2007, 7:07 am

He is such a fine LABRADOR!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 10th, 2007, 9:21 am

Oh I love updates like that!!! He just looks so happy - Vette, you did such a great job finding him the perfect family!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » December 10th, 2007, 9:47 am

Those are great, he looks so happy. Did the surgery help his ears out?
Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » December 10th, 2007, 10:57 am

On December 10 2007, Jenn wrote:Those are great, he looks so happy. Did the surgery help his ears out?

It will completely eliminate the issue, yes. They "ablate" the ear canal and remove it entirely along with the infectious bone and tissue around the ear canal.
He only had it on one side of his head. The other ear was always fine.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » December 10th, 2007, 11:37 am

Good for him, that's awesome! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby St.Death » December 11th, 2007, 6:55 pm

I read through every post on this thread and although it is sad in some ways it seems he is living out his days now living a very good life.

Years ago I remember a story of two guys who were using a baseball bat on a dog, they never got a chance to kill the dog and the dog was brought to an emergency vet service and made a full recovery and found a good home. It was said that the dog had a guardian angel looking out for him that night...as for the two guys who were beating the old dog...well the story goes that they met no angel that night :wink:
THIS IS NOT THE PATH I THOUGHT
THIS IS NOT THE PLACE I SOUGHT
THIS IS NOT THE DREAM I BOUGHT
JUST A FEVER OF FATE I'VE CAUGHT...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
St.Death
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » December 11th, 2007, 7:22 pm

On December 11 2007, 5:55 PM, St.Death wrote:I read through every post on this thread and although it is sad in some ways it seems he is living out his days now living a very good life.

Years ago I remember a story of two guys who were using a baseball bat on a dog, they never got a chance to kill the dog and the dog was brought to an emergency vet service and made a full recovery and found a good home. It was said that the dog had a guardian angel looking out for him that night...as for the two guys who were beating the old dog...well the story goes that they met no angel that night :wink:

Whomever they met... I like him/her... :twisted:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby St.Death » December 11th, 2007, 9:01 pm

On December 11 2007, 6:22 PM, amazincc wrote:
On December 11 2007, 5:55 PM, St.Death wrote:I read through every post on this thread and although it is sad in some ways it seems he is living out his days now living a very good life.

Whomever they met... I like him/her... :twisted:

He likes you too :devilWink:
THIS IS NOT THE PATH I THOUGHT
THIS IS NOT THE PLACE I SOUGHT
THIS IS NOT THE DREAM I BOUGHT
JUST A FEVER OF FATE I'VE CAUGHT...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
St.Death
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » December 14th, 2007, 1:49 pm

On December 11 2007, 17:55, St.Death wrote:I read through every post on this thread and although it is sad in some ways it seems he is living out his days now living a very good life.

Well, good. Having seen that horrifying video of the dog who was severly beaten while people on the street stood by did nothing it's nice to know that some people will step in when needed. Great, now I'm thinking about it again, and I'm getting sick to my stomach
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » December 14th, 2007, 2:04 pm

:topic:

;)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » December 14th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Hmmm... I think the topic was a neglected dog who was taken care of by his rescuer. Just like the dog that Deathy posted about. Different details, same story.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby msvette2u » December 14th, 2007, 3:05 pm

Actually the only dog in this thread all along has been Griz, but hey, you own the board, your rules, eh??? :D
Ps - I'd like to think it's about Griz and HIS happy ending...
msvette2u
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members