Other forums posting our threads

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby Jaime » March 15th, 2006, 10:24 am

this is going on in another forum wqhere they are copying links to here- can we maybe make our off topic chat area non-viewable to non-members?
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 15th, 2006, 10:31 am

What's the problem?

PM me if you prefer.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2006, 10:40 am

Why those bastards!! GET YOUR OWN MATERIAL! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby rockermom » March 15th, 2006, 10:47 am

OHh Stop. So what. PM each other or email if you dont want anyone to see it. I joined these pit bull forums for help and info raising my first dog. Ocassionally I like to chat about other stuff to. But if I dont want anyone to see I PM to those I want to hear what I have to say. Links to other forums has given me valuable information.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Jaime » March 15th, 2006, 11:02 am

houlabulla? wrote:OHh Stop. So what. PM each other or email if you dont want anyone to see it. I joined these pit bull forums for help and info raising my first dog. Ocassionally I like to chat about other stuff to. But if I dont want anyone to see I PM to those I want to hear what I have to say. Links to other forums has given me valuable information.

NOT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING :) sorry for the caps.... cross-posting chat threads to add fuel to a fire that dosen't really need to happen at all. not for educational purposes :) more or less to single out members and such
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 15th, 2006, 11:03 am

Charles and I talked about it, and no, we will not be making the OT section private. If you want to post about something that needs be kept private put it in PM's or in email.

We want to make the forum as accessable as possible, and that includes allowing potential members to see the 'serious' and 'fun' sections.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 15th, 2006, 11:04 am

yes, in addition, it is just childish. I mean, come on now :box: let's be adult...lurkers!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2006, 11:05 am

houlabulla? wrote:OHh Stop. So what. PM each other or email if you dont want anyone to see it. I joined these pit bull forums for help and info raising my first dog. Ocassionally I like to chat about other stuff to. But if I dont want anyone to see I PM to those I want to hear what I have to say. Links to other forums has given me valuable information.

I have a problem with it if they are using what is said here against members of other boards. I have a BIG problem with it. There is nothing wrong with sharing information and links to other boards & threads that may be educational. But to do it just to start trouble is rather stupid. And I think that is what Jamie is referring to. People should not have to watch what they say here & be afraid it will be used against them somewhere else.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2006, 11:13 am

But, ya know what? That just proves they are lame & have nothing going on on THEIR board so they must pilfer from ours. :|

I also agree with keeping it open to the public, we got nothing to hide.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jaime » March 15th, 2006, 11:14 am

i really don't know what the solution is but it is really stupid that a member here that had a problem at another forum had her intro for here cross-posted over there...
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 15th, 2006, 11:17 am

I know right....what, for entertainment? Please if you all think that's funny maybe your bosses will.... shouldn't you be getting back to work!!! :wave:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Romanwild » March 15th, 2006, 11:18 am

I try to go by the rule of NY Times.

If you don't want it printed on the front page of the New York Times then don't hit enter.

Just keep us informed through PM or whatever if people start getting harrassed.

:)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jaime » March 15th, 2006, 11:19 am

SpiritFngrz wrote:I know right....what, for entertainment? Please if you all think that's funny maybe your bosses will.... shouldn't you be getting back to work!!! :wave:
:updown: you crack me up :) i just though that it was brazen and uncalled for...
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » March 15th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Purple
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 15th, 2006, 2:33 pm

:jerry:
Sorry I just this smilie was funny
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby a-bull » March 15th, 2006, 7:29 pm

I guess as Mods. and Admins. of these forums, you reserve the right to ban people for whatever reasons you want, and not every Mod./Admin. uses that power appropriately---HOWEVER, an 'inappropriate' ban is very different from banning people and then making up outright lies about them and posting them in your forum, disallowing the banned members to defend themselves.
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 15th, 2006, 7:31 pm

a-bull wrote:I guess as Mods. and Admins. of these forums, you reserve the right to ban people for whatever reasons you want, and not every Mod./Admin. uses that power appropriately---HOWEVER, an 'inappropriate' ban is very different from banning people and then making up outright lies about them and posting them in your forum, disallowing the banned members to defend themselves.

uh... what are you talking about? :|
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby a-bull » March 15th, 2006, 7:34 pm

lol, the people who were banned from another forum for posting here . . .

Now they're getting lied about on that forum, but having been banned, they can't set the record straight.

I'm not talking about you Mods. or Admins., lol
a-bull
I live here

Postby a-bull » March 15th, 2006, 7:40 pm

I have a problem with it if they are using what is said here against members of other boards. I have a BIG problem with it. There is nothing wrong with sharing information and links to other boards & threads that may be educational. But to do it just to start trouble is rather stupid. And I think that is what Jamie is referring to. People should not have to watch what they say here & be afraid it will be used against them somewhere else.[/quote]

mnp13---That's what happened. People posted here and got banned on another forum for what they said here. That was my point. You almost had to drag out your Captain Crunch secret decoder ring to figure that one out, huh?? :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 15th, 2006, 8:16 pm

That sucks a-bull, it's childish & it is stupid. We have a few discussions on this board about people who were not members ( **cough, cough diane messup cough) but they were always free to join. People who are banned do not exist anymore to us, therefore there is no reason to talk about them. Making reference to them without mentioning names is ONE thing but Kicking someone off of a board then lying about them & dragging their name through the mud is an idioitic thing to do and only shows what assholes the admin there must be for allowing it to happen.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Questions / Problems