Canine Behavior Type Index Test

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby odnarb » March 13th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Click here for the test

Harry is SBH - Adventurer

Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and High Activity type which we call the Adventurer. The Adventurer regularly challenges the social order, routine and environmental orderliness. It constantly searches for new social and environmental standards. It is highly competitive with plenty of energy and a playful spirit but not great at group activities.

Grant is OBH - Defender

Your dog is an Organized, Alpha and High Activity type which we call the Defender. The Defender's social position is ambiguous due its Beta (B) nature and it may appear to be a leader or a follower at various times. Defenders are flexible about social structure but their Organised (O) factor means that environmental order and clear rules are preferred. In the 'original wolf pack' Defenders could easily fill any positions vacated due to illness or accident.

Brando is OGH - Deputy

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Deputy. The Deputy is a submissive, mouldable, balanced character. It happily does the leader's bidding, is easily led and controlled but prefers an orderly environment. The Deputy conforms to its leader's wishes most readily. Deputies are easy to train, willing to conform socially and team spirited. They are everybody's friend.

I think it's a pretty accurate assessment of my dogs.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby k » March 13th, 2006, 10:24 pm

i couldn't make the damn thing work... it kept pulling the same cards over and over for ever! grrr
k
Just Whelped

Postby odnarb » March 13th, 2006, 10:25 pm

k wrote:i couldn't make the damn thing work... it kept pulling the same cards over and over for ever! grrr

For some reason, it occasionally resets. But, I think that is on purpose, checking for consistancy. Just keep going until it stops.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » March 13th, 2006, 10:45 pm

SBH - Adventurer

for Oscar :)

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 13th, 2006, 10:50 pm

God this thing is really annoying. But now I'm just stubborn - I wanna know what my crazy puppy is!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 13th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Finally! Twice I got to 24 and then it reset...Grrr...

Inara is an OBH - Defender

Your dog is an Organized, Alpha and High Activity type which we call the Defender. The Defender's social position is ambiguous due its Beta (B) nature and it may appear to be a leader or a follower at various times. Defenders are flexible about social structure but their Organised (O) factor means that environmental order and clear rules are preferred. In the 'original wolf pack' Defenders could easily fill any positions vacated due to illness or accident.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby bullymommy » March 14th, 2006, 6:12 am

chub is a OBH

we will have to wait til dan gets home to do hannah. hes more "in tune" to her.
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Asta » March 14th, 2006, 8:17 am

It says that Guinness is an SBH - Adventurer

Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and High Activity type which we call the Adventurer. The Adventurer regularly challenges the social order, routine and environmental orderliness. It constantly searches for new social and environmental standards. It is highly competitive with plenty of energy and a playful spirit but not great at group activities.

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » March 14th, 2006, 11:29 am

Just what I expected to see :)

Wally

OAM - Director

Your dog is an Organised, Alpha and Medium Activity type which we call the Director. The Director enjoys an orderly environment, strong, clear leadership and 'owns' defined small territories e.g. the home, car, owner or couch. The Director's goal is to control, protect, defend and maintain order in its chosen territory/command post.

We actually call him "The Ref" because he breaks up fights or when dogs are playing too rough :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby PITS4LIFE » March 15th, 2006, 2:01 pm

King is --Adventurer
Zoey is-- Defender
8) 8) 8) 8)
PITS4LIFE
Just Whelped

Postby aurora » March 15th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Roxy is a deputy

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Deputy. The Deputy is a submissive, mouldable, balanced character. It happily does the leader's bidding, is easily led and controlled but prefers an orderly environment. The Deputy conforms to its leader's wishes most readily. Deputies are easy to train, willing to conform socially and team spirited. They are everybody's friend.
aurora
Just Whelped

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 16th, 2006, 10:53 am

That was stupid. Half the freaking questions were two extremes, where my dog did not fit either or any of the answers. Like does your dog herd or tune you out for any other animal. Well, niether. Good grief. I didn't bother finishing.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 16th, 2006, 11:05 am

dogcrazyjen wrote:That was stupid. Half the freaking questions were two extremes, where my dog did not fit either or any of the answers. Like does your dog herd or tune you out for any other animal. Well, niether. Good grief. I didn't bother finishing.

Me either. PLUS I had to answer the same questions 3 times. I just gave up.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2006, 11:08 am

A lot of the questions were so extreme that They didn't apply to Ruby, but I did it anyway.

Ruby - SBM - Dreamer
Your dog is a Spontaneous, Beta and Medium Activity type which we call the Dreamer. The Dreamer is disorganised, socially and mentally. It lacks the energy to assert an active social challenge but may challenge a very easy going owner or dog over some prized resource such as the couch or a bone, perhaps curling its lip or snarling occasionally. It enjoys freeform pastimes such as watching TV or sniffing about off lead most of all.

This is waaaaaay off base, especially the resource guarding. She doesn't 'lack energy' she is lazy, that's different.

Riggs - SBH - Adventurer

That seems a little more accurate. Though the word for Riggs is dominant, and they didn't used that at all in the test.

It was somewhat thought provoking though, thanks for posting it!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby CinderDee » March 16th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Kato is:

Diplomat

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and Medium Activity type which we call the Diplomat. The Diplomat is a task focused, submissive character employing passive, medium energy techniques. It strives to keep order in a small but meaningful area and do the leader's bidding in a passive, sometimes underhanded manner. The combination of Submissive (Gamma or G) and Medium (M) energy factors make the Diplomat a soft, loving, easy care character.

It's pretty accurate.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jenn » March 16th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Benjamin

SBH - Adventurer

Maddie
OGM - Diplomat

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and Medium Activity type which we call the Diplomat. The Diplomat is a task focused, submissive character employing passive, medium energy techniques. It strives to keep order in a small but meaningful area and do the leader's bidding in a passive, sometimes underhanded manner. The combination of Submissive (Gamma or G) and Medium (M) energy factors make the Diplomat a soft, loving, easy care character
Jenn
undecided

Postby valliesong » March 16th, 2006, 5:25 pm

roscoe was a dreamer, aiden was an adventurer, and bonnie (the foxhound) was a new one:

SGM - Companion
Your dog is a Spontaneous, Gamma and Medium Activity type which we call the Companion. The Companion has the softest, most charming character for a family pet. They are funny, silly, laid back, subservient and obedient. It is rarely serious, is everyone's friend and its favourite pastime is to 'ride' the couch. The most unobjectionable combination of traits. Do not expect it to be a strong watch dog, athlete, or seem especially clever.

don't ask me how the hell they came up with that when i kept answering that she was independent, doesn't follow commands, etc. the rest fits, but, as a hound, she is anything BUT obedient! all the spelling and grammar mistakes in the quiz also make me doubt that the designer really knows what they are talking about.
Val

Ethical Bull Breed Rescue & Referral - http://www.ebbrr.org
One by One Cat Rescue - http://1by1catrescue.org
valliesong
Just Whelped

Postby pLaurent » March 16th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Yeah, some of the questions didn't fit at all, but it seems Chloe is the Investigator! Other than the fact that she is not really high energy, the rest of it fits her to a "T"! Lovable, submissive and silly - that's my girl! :)

Your dog is an Spontaneous, Gamma and High Activity type which we call the Investigator. The Investigator is a loveable, submissive, funny, even silly character that is happiest when obeying its leader or involved in freeform activity. The Investigator makes a great pet for active people. They are High (H) energy dogs that need exercise and love regular walks.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby chance's mom » March 17th, 2006, 10:50 pm

chance was:
OGM-DIPLOMAT

Your dog is an Organised, Gamma and Medium Activity type which we call the Diplomat. The Diplomat is a task focused, submissive character employing passive, medium energy techniques. It strives to keep order in a small but meaningful area and do the leader's bidding in a passive, sometimes underhanded manner. The combination of Submissive (Gamma or G) and Medium (M) energy factors make the Diplomat a soft, loving, easy care character

Definately accurate
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk