She would laugh....

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2007, 7:17 am

My Mom passed over 2 years ago, today. She had a great sense of humor and would be laughing her ass off that I am posting a memorial to her on a dog forum. :) When I adopted Darlene, Mom had an argument with a few of her church friends over the dangers of Pit Bulls. She had a shirt made with Darlene's photo and the saying: "My Grand-daughter is a Pit Bull". 8)

When Dad passed, 10 years before, my husband built an apt. on our home so Mom could live with us. Not because she needed care, but because we couldn't keep track of her, with all her travel, classes, and p/t job. At 85 she worked in the library because she didn't want to be "old and bored". 8)

I had a wonderful childhood. Mom raised 5 kids. She knitted, baked, decorated for every holiday, sewed, owned a Bridal Shop, bought me a horse at 16, and made sure we visited every continental state at least once.

Of course, I turned out the best, as the youngest. :wink: She always said she was going to write a book called, "My Damn Kids" but my chapter would be the shortest.

Ironically, 2 days before she had her first stroke, she was at the gym, in a Senior Aerobics Class.

When she had her first stroke, my son was the dispatcher at the FD and within 4 minutes we had 18 rescue personnel at my home. The second stroke came a few days later while she was in rehab and she never recovered.

Helen was 87 when she passed over, but she didn't look a day over 65.

Please take a moment to look up to the heavens and tell her you met me on a dog forum. It will make her smile.

Thank you, my friends. :greenWave:
Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » November 6th, 2007, 8:00 am

That is a wonderful tribute, Joyce! Helen sounds like she was an amazing woman. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby KJS » November 6th, 2007, 8:21 am

Hello Helen, its been great meeting Joyce and getting to hear all about you...on a dog forum at that :)
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 6th, 2007, 9:16 am

Joyce, what a great tribute!

HELLO HELEN! :wave: WE'RE TAKING GOOD CARE OF JOYCIE DOWN HERE. AND TRUST ME, HER CHAPTER IN THE BOOK WOULD BE THE LONGEST ONE NOW!!!

(sorry, had to yell as Heaven is quite a ways up) :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Emi » November 6th, 2007, 9:25 am

Hello Helen, just wanted to let you know, that I met your Joyce on a dog forum, we have a great love for our dogs that's how we got to know one another.

And that my thoughts are with you today.

PS if you see Grace up there have a laugh with her to about the dogs.. cause she didn't think dogs belong in the house.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby msvette2u » November 6th, 2007, 11:46 am

Helen, you must be a terrific person - you raised a terrific daughter! :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » November 6th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Helen, you have a very sweet daughter, sounds like you had a terrific life as well. there is only one thing... Joyce says you liked to bake but you didnt exactly pass on your skills to her, you should see her microwave pizza!

Joyce that was a great tribute to her, even though it was on a dog forum!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby panda » November 6th, 2007, 3:58 pm

:greenWave: Hello Helen,
You sound like a great lady. It would have been a pleasure to know you. You raised a fine daughter who does good things for doggies. You can be proud, Helen. Joycie is proud of you.
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Thank you all so much. :) It really helped coming home from work and reading all your sweet comments.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » November 6th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Dear Helen,

It sounds like you were a neat lady. Joyce is pretty cool, but it's too bad that she didn't pay more attention to your cooking lessons. I hear that the only things will eat her cooking are the dogs and that's because they like her too much to hurt her feelings.

Thanks for giveing us one of our favorite forum members!

Michelle
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2007, 5:57 pm

I guess cooking isn't inherited. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » November 6th, 2007, 5:58 pm

That was very nice Joyce :)

Hello to Helen, I agree with all, you raised a wonderful person!
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2007, 6:04 pm

On November 06 2007, Jenn wrote:That was very nice Joyce :)

Hello to Helen, I agree with all, you raised a wonderful person!

If I gave all of you my 4 siblings phone numbers, could you call them and tell them how nice I am? :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » November 6th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Sure, but then they get their say too!! LOL
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2007, 6:48 pm

On November 06 2007, Jenn wrote:Sure, but then they get their say too!! LOL

Oh, that is true.

"Nevermind" :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » November 14th, 2007, 10:06 pm

I don't know how I missed this!

Hello Miss Helen, sorry I a late but I am late to everything. I met your daughter Joycie on a dog forum. She is a wonderful person and I know that you are very proud of her. I am sorry you could not teach her how to cook, I can imagine how frustrating that was for you. Rest assured that we take good care of her & we have finally taught her to stop running with scissors. We are not so lucky with teaching her to leave the stove alone. She has almost succeeded in her life's mission to drive me insane, she has worked very hard at it. I know that she misses you terribly and would give anything to talk to you just one more time. Thank you for sharing her with us. And Joyce, thank you for sharing your mom with us.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » November 25th, 2007, 11:11 am

It sounds like she was an amazing woman, up to the very end...

My thoughts are with you and your family...

and Hello Helen! You sure raised a very funny and entertaining, and caring daughter! :greenWave:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » November 25th, 2007, 11:12 am

Oh, thank you, Erin! :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » November 25th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Dear Miz Helen!

Just wanted to let you know that, thanks to your daughter Joyce - I have found hope and encouragement - as well as great new friends - for myself and my own pit bull, Mickey.
You see - my dog has "issues". So, I went on the Internet to find some help, and instead came across some very judgmental and hostile people, who immediately screamed "euthanasia" at me and berated me for "keeping this vicious, dangerous dog alive at all"...
Miz Helen - I love this dog w/all my heart and euthanizing him is totally out of the question!
Anyway... one day I received an invitation to check out this forum... and after thinking it over for a few days... I did.
And, as they say - "the rest is history". :wink:
I've met some great dogs here, Miz Helen! Oh, yeah... and people, too :oops: ... one of those people being your daughter Joyce
She is funny and compassionate, and kind - kindness is important in this day and age, and it's rare... sadly.

I don't care that she can't cook... if I ever visit her, I plan on bringing some terrific Chinese take-out! And a good bottle of wine...
And we will look at some pictures of you, Miz Helen, and toast you for a job "well done"...

RIP, Joyces Mom. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » November 25th, 2007, 8:02 pm

:clap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends