hey!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby 04100824 » March 13th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Just signed up here...I don't have a pit yet, but my husband and I are inheriting a beautiful red nose from good friends of ours in a couple of months when we get into a house.

AWWW!

Don't let that innocent face fool you. HA! :P
You see... I'm like a giant gerbil...
Confident Young Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 8:50 pm

welcome!! what got you into the breed? how long have you been in the breed?? we need a little more info, like everything possible !! :)
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 13th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Please excuse the mods, they are information hounds.....everyone is exposed to their rabid insistance on providing as much info as possible....... :wink:
Purple
I live here

Postby 04100824 » March 13th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Welll, the people we're getting him from have 2 right now. One, they've had for about 6 years, and this one they rescued at 10 weeks. He is now 1 year old (as of a few days ago) and he's hyper. LOL go figure. When they rescued him - not from a shelter, they found him starving, malnurished and covered in all sorts of parasites - the mom was pregnant, so they knew thay weren't going to be keeping him. They've been looking for a home for him for a long time with no luck. after she had the baby, she was calling local shelters, friends, anyone asking for people to take him still to no avail. He had been offered to my husband and I before, but I was nervous to take him, though he obviously loved being with my hudband and I simply because he was a pit. Then, one night when the mom was going through a post pardum depressive slump (and after a few beers) she admitted to me that her next stop was the pound, as she was having such a hard time finding anywhere for him...so I told her we would take him in.

Since then, I've been doing nothing but research and joining pit-friendly sites as well as looking up training techniques and laws, reading books and so on. We live in a small, sort of cramped apartment right now (plus there's a $500 pet deposit!), but are in the process of getting a house. The people who have him now agreed to keep him until we move, so until then, he lives with them and we take him on weekends and I walk him most days after work. So far, he's been handling it well. He's been responding very well to the training I've been doing with him, though he still does have some issues that I'm trying to work him through. I've been trying my best to socialize him more, and have found a shelter near me who has offered to temperament test him for me.

Soooo....that's my story. :wink:

**edited to add**

he's also fixed and microchipped :)
Last edited by 04100824 on March 13th, 2006, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confident Young Bully

Postby 04100824 » March 13th, 2006, 9:32 pm

Do I recognize that little white bull terrier from somewhere?! hehehe!

I swear your's is the cutest one, purple!
Confident Young Bully

Postby Sue » March 13th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Welcome :hello:
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Purple » March 13th, 2006, 9:43 pm

04100824 wrote:Do I recognize that little white bull terrier from somewhere?! hehehe!

Awww, shucks, thank you!!!!
I hope you enjoy this forum, and find all the information you may need here. There are some really knowlegeable people here.
Be patient, one of the uber god mods needs to grant you access to the rest of the forum!
Purple
I live here

Postby Sue » March 13th, 2006, 9:44 pm

04100824 wrote:Do I recognize that little white bull terrier from somewhere?! hehehe!

Rory feels very hurt :( She thinks she is the prettiest :ogen:
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby 04100824 » March 13th, 2006, 9:51 pm

she looks like a pirate dog with her brown patch!

ARRRR me mateys! Don't pee on my rug, or I'll force ye to walk der plank and feed yar to this guy! >>> :fish:

:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

She's adorable!
Confident Young Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 9:54 pm

feel free to browse around we have lots of good topics, from nutrition to training, to everything else..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Sue » March 13th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Romanwild » March 13th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Romanwild
I live here

Postby DemoDick » March 13th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Welcome!

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby 04100824 » March 13th, 2006, 10:00 pm

His name is Reno.

Our friends were trying to think of a name for him, but didn't want to give him one with too much meaning or that sounded stupid...one that was good for a boy dog, one that was just right for him, one that displayed his nature, his playful expressions, the ultimate dog name!

...and after giving up on all that, they decided to name him for what he was. REd NOse. I love it! :D
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » March 13th, 2006, 10:01 pm

LOL.....took me a minute ReNo!!!!! I love it!!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 13th, 2006, 10:02 pm

great name!! he is a gorgeous dog!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby 04100824 » March 13th, 2006, 10:03 pm

AWW! Thanks, guys!
Confident Young Bully

Postby Hoyden » March 13th, 2006, 10:07 pm

Welcome Image
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 13th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Welcome! Reno is a cutie! And good for you for doing lots of research before getting this breed. You can never have too much knowledge! I'm just being nosy, but where did your screen name come from? Does it stand for something?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ellie@ny » March 13th, 2006, 10:10 pm

Good looking dawg... 8) Welcome!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Next

Return to Introductions