Tracking Seminar

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby RedChrome » November 2nd, 2007, 12:44 pm

OK, so Red and I are resigned up for a tracking seminar on the 17-18th. It is being given by our local obedience club. She is fresh, only just started minor tracking work with her using the "hot dog" method. lol

The seminar is being given by Ed Presnall and I was wondering if anyone had heard of him and what their thoughts were on him?

Any opinions or thoughts on what to expect are VERY welcome.

Courtney
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » November 2nd, 2007, 1:28 pm

Where is the seminar being held?

He is doing a seminar in Rochester, NY here in April and from what I have heard from others he is one of the best variable terrain trackers around.

Earl and I have yet to actually participate in any tracking yet so this will be our first experience too. I will be very interested in hearing how it goes.
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby RedChrome » November 2nd, 2007, 1:55 pm

It is being held in Richland, WA.

I'm a little nervous since this is our first time training with a "PRO" like him. I mean I have worked with members in our club that have gotten tracking titles and stuff but we have never participated in a seminar. I will let you know what happens and how it goes. I'm really nervous though and I'm trying to get myself convinced that it's not going to be "scary".
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » November 2nd, 2007, 2:24 pm

On November 02 2007, RedChrome wrote:It is being held in Richland, WA.

I'm a little nervous since this is our first time training with a "PRO" like him. I mean I have worked with members in our club that have gotten tracking titles and stuff but we have never participated in a seminar. I will let you know what happens and how it goes. I'm really nervous though and I'm trying to get myself convinced that it's not going to be "scary".

Well the seminar being held here is for advanced trackers as well as beginners so I'm sure you will be just fine
maberi

Postby ellie@ny » November 3rd, 2007, 8:00 am

You shouldn't be nervous seminars are always fun!
I guess he's doing AKC tracking right?
It's completely different then SCH.
Here is a little article about him!
http://www.pawmark.com/articles/storyline.htm

Just relax,and have fun with your dog!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby RedChrome » November 5th, 2007, 4:49 pm

The seminar is AKC style tracking but in the end we will be doing Schutzhund tracking. We are kind of using this as a what-for.
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » January 28th, 2008, 11:17 am

Just curious to see how the seminar went
maberi

Return to Sports