help needed

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Maryellen » March 12th, 2006, 9:30 pm

again, i am so sorry to hear this... you are in my thoughts and prayers with her..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 12th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Sorry to hear of your situation. :( Hope things get better for you and her soon.
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » March 12th, 2006, 11:46 pm

Is there a possibility that she has an infection lingering from the birth? I think it's weird that her behavior has changed so much all of a sudden.

I have never been one to agree with the blanket 'do the right thing' statement.

It sounds to me like there is something wrong for her to suddenly become intolerant and somewhat crazy. Besides the puppies, has anything else changed in your life/household? anything at all?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby rockermom » March 13th, 2006, 8:04 am

Yeah things have been quite crazy for you!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 13th, 2006, 8:19 am

That is just awful. I would definately pursue more tests at the vet and keep an eye on her temperature.... the vet surely could have missed something? Was bloodwork done? If not it should be IMO
If nothinbg medical shows up take her to be evaluated by an APBT person maybe at a rescue or a behaviorist.

So sorry you are dealing with this. Hang in there
:(
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby PITS4LIFE » March 13th, 2006, 8:26 am

Well wish us luck, we are going to drop kids off at school and on our way to the doggie opthamotrist!!!!! ( I know I did not spell that right) How about this: doggie eye doctor!!!!
PITS4LIFE
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 13th, 2006, 8:36 am

PITS4LIFE wrote:Well wish us luck, we are going to drop kids off at school and on our way to the doggie opthamotrist!!!!! ( I know I did not spell that right) How about this: doggie eye doctor!!!!
I hope you get some answers.... good luck!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby PITS4LIFE » March 13th, 2006, 8:48 am

mnp13 wrote:Is there a possibility that she has an infection lingering from the birth? I think it's weird that her behavior has changed so much all of a sudden.

I have never been one to agree with the blanket 'do the right thing' statement.

It sounds to me like there is something wrong for her to suddenly become intolerant and somewhat crazy. Besides the puppies, has anything else changed in your life/household? anything at all?

The only thing that has changed is her having puppies. She is a very jealous dog. She believes I belong to her. She whines when I bring King in and won't let him nowhere near me, she does not like for me to show my husband affection either. She will sit there and whine if we sit together and paw at me she has even ripped my skirt one time trying to get me away from him. That is the only thing I can think of, because she did not get like this till she had the pups, well she acted a little weird before she had them like whining alot, being aggitated, when I would take her outside she would growl and raise a fit at nothing. Took her to the vet they said she was fine, that it was because she was pregnant.
PITS4LIFE
Just Whelped

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health