Heartbreaking. Zack AND Baron.

Postby Magnolia618 » October 20th, 2007, 7:31 pm

My boss Kerri, who has the biggest heart I have EVER seen has gone through hell this week. She had to put not one, but TWO of her dogs down in ONE DAY due to cancer.

I have seen Kerri sob her eyes out because we had to put down a blind duck. She is broken over this.

She is the most amazing boss, and she truly and sincerely loves each and ever animal that comes into Pets Alive. My heart breaks for her. Please read this article that she wrote:

[quote]Farewell to Zack, a "throw-away" dog.

My dog Zack died today.
Zack was just eight years old and like all your dogs are to you (I am sure), he was very special to me.

I am not writing this story to make you all miserable with me. Heavens knows if you love your animals you are either going through this too, have gone through this, or WILL go through this. All true animal lovers know and recognize this awful pain.

The point of my story today is to showcase some issues in our society that so desperately need to be fixed…and why I believe in Best Friends and their mission. Above all, I truly believe that THIS organization can accomplish the goals they lay out in their master plan.

So now let me tell you about my sweet dog, Zack. First off, his name was Zachoroy. ZackOrRoy. That is because when he came to me, his name was Damien. We looked at him and KNEW that had to go. You see, Zack was a Rottweiler and Damien was the name of the vicious, Satan-possessed Rottweiler in The Omen. So we knew the name could not stay and we looked at him and he was very goofy and silly looking and we just could not decide between Roy and Zach and so ZackOrRoy was created.

So Zackaroy came to me as a result of a call from my good friend Anjie. Anjie is an animal control officer in Massachusetts. At the time, the shelters there, at least in her area, put down all Akitas, Pit Bulls and Rottweilers within 72 hours of their coming into the shelter if not claimed.

These breeds are vicious after all.
Can’t be trusted with people.
Most of them attack their owners or viciously bite someone at some point in their life.

Right?
Oh PUHLEASE.
Just stop it.
How absurd is this?
How many dogs have gone to their deaths because of this STUPID, yes STUPID misconception? Why don’t we put to death or at LEAST PUNISH people that CREATE these very stereotypes by training dogs to do what they think is fun. Michael Vick is just one case of this type of abuse. Better that he get punished than the dogs he ‘createdâ€
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » October 20th, 2007, 7:54 pm

How sad. :( She writes beautifully about them.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » October 20th, 2007, 7:57 pm

I am so sorry for her loss. That article brought tears to my eyes. She sounds like an exceptional woman. I send my condolences to her! RIP Zack and Baron
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 20th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Please pass along my condolences

Run cancer and pain free and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » October 20th, 2007, 9:58 pm

I am so very sorry. I can't even begin imagine her pain. :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » October 21st, 2007, 3:52 am

I'm so sorry to hear of her loss, what a beautiful article, what beautiful dogs ... RIP and run free...
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 21st, 2007, 6:34 pm

How devastating - please give her my condolences. :(

RIP Zack and Baron.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Our Departed Friends