Asta and Lady Guinness signing up !

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Asta » March 12th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Hello!

I guess i am a familiar face for quite a few people on this board :)
But for the rest of you i would like to write a little sumfin sumfin.

Here it goes: So i am swedish, but i lived in Toronto, Canada for a few years during which time i was volunteering at the Toronto Humane society with walking dogs. For anyone thats ever been to such a facility which is a lot of people here i know, also knows that its easy to be adopted by a lovely dog that insists on stealing your heart :)
In my case it happened to be Guinness. A 4 yearold APBT, gorgeous, fun and suitably nuts. In other words, a typical Bully!
She had, prior to me, been with one owner and was originally adopted from the very same shelter. She had been taught 14 commands, of which she knew half by hand signs so someone had obviously cared a lot about her!!! Nowadays she has however mainly developed a certain ability to hear selectively since though... :)
Anyhoo, so i quickly tried to learn as much as possible about them as a breed other than what i knew from the shelter. Now, i did grow up with dogs since my parents had a kennel breeding both Boxers and Labs´s (no, not at the same time). But a Bully is a whole different ballpark and therefore i joined a Pitbullboard amongst other things as a source of info.
But life changes and i moved back to sweden. Guinness was shipped over aswell after some time. What an ordeal...
So she quickly adapted from being an asphalt pooch in a big city to being surrounded by lakes, forest, mountains and a bazillion trees to chew on :D
Life is a funny thing though. And i am once again in a foreign country. Mostly Scotland, but i travel extensively with my fiancée allover the world.
Guinness, now somewhat senior since she will be 8 this coming June, is staying with my doting parents and is as happy as a pig in dirt :)
More spoilt than ever and loved enormously by my family that dotes with her like there is no end...She talks for instance a lot with my dad in the evenings when he is watching boring sports on tv. And then my mom tucks her in at night and fetches the bones she deliberately tosses in under the sofa as soon a she is bored hhahah
Miss her tons though!!! And get my Bully fixes online by drooling over your gorgeous dogs here :)

Looking forward to getting to know you here :)

Cheers,

Åsa

A few of the first pics of her in my care. There are tooooooons more on http://www.petbull.se !!!!!

After coming to sweden
First day at the house
By the lake
On a mountain

The most recent one, Guinness and my Mom
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » March 12th, 2006, 9:41 pm

ASTA!!!! welcome here!!!! its great to see you again!! and guiness looks as beautiful as ever!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 12th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Hello and Welcome!!! Guinness is gorgeous! No wonder why you would miss such a beauty!! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Romanwild » March 12th, 2006, 10:48 pm

It's great to see you again! I'm glad you joined!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 12th, 2006, 10:55 pm

I'm sooo glad you joined Asa!! Give Miss G a HUGE hug for me!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » March 12th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Hello :) SUCH a beautiful girl!!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby pocketpit » March 13th, 2006, 7:04 am

Good to see you and your beautiful girl found your way over here :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 13th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Welcome! Guinness is gorgeous!!!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 13th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Welcome! Your dog is a brindle doll!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » March 14th, 2006, 7:25 am

Thnaks for the warm welcome :) Feels good to be here!
Yeah G is a pretty pupper. I will certainly try and snap a few more pics of her when i am home in 2 weeks from now. Ah well, i will be in the gallerysection if anyone needs me 8)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pLaurent » March 15th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Well, hi there!!

I see that the lovely Guiness is as photogenic and gorgeous as ever! :mrHappy:
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » March 16th, 2006, 6:17 am

Asa!

It's great to see you here! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Asta » March 17th, 2006, 3:00 am

Hej Peg And Dee!!! Great to see you guys around here :D And thanks for the warm welcome!

Cheers,,Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions