Heat cycle

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby TazCowboy » October 17th, 2007, 11:49 pm

Can someone give ma an idea when my Female Pit will go into heat? Or where I can find out more about it. Im not wantting to Breed her at the moment she not even a year old yet. DOB 1-18-2007. :|
TazCowboy
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » October 17th, 2007, 11:56 pm

It varies from dog to dog, first cycle could be anywhere from 6-9 months, and lasts on average about 3 weeks, some older just depends on the dog. Then you can plan on dealing with that about every 6 months from then on (again varies from dog to dog).
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » October 18th, 2007, 12:34 am

My bulldog didn't go into heat until 10 months, and I have heard of lines of APBTs that didn't hit their first heat until 12-16 months.

And I'm glad to hear you're not looking to breed her yet. Until she is fully grown you can't evaluate her structure properly. Also she would need to have titles on her and all of that good business before even starting to look for a stud. Breeding is a looooooooooong road if that's the one you choose to pick.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » October 18th, 2007, 8:13 am

On Wed, Oct 17 2007, 11:49 PM, TazCowboy wrote:Can someone give ma an idea when my Female Pit will go into heat? Or where I can find out more about it. Im not wantting to Breed her at the moment she not even a year old yet. DOB 1-18-2007. :|

Welcome to the forum! Please go to the introduction area and tell us more about yourself and your experiences with bully breeds. Once you are approved to post, we can give you lots more help!

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Questions / Problems