Marking

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby SisMorphine » March 12th, 2006, 8:50 am

More of a rant than anything:
Wally is a HUGE marker. This includes inside the house. I never had an issue with him in my old house, but since there's a kennel run out of this house he can smell the boarding dogs 24/7 even if he can't see them, so he marks.

He's been VERY good lately. He no longer lifts his leg when I'm home, so when I leave he wears a bellyband.

Well yesterday the bellyband had somehow slipped so he marked while I was out.

No, he didn't mark the door, cabinets, or couch as usual. HE MARKED MY CLEAN BASKET OF LAUNDRY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just going to bring him to the vet and tell them to cut it off. This is getting rediculous. :evil:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Romanwild » March 12th, 2006, 9:41 am

lol
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 12th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Sounds like Munkee. He also will not wear a belly band. It's just a given, any thing new we bring in the house, he's gonna pee on. Bastard KNOWS he is not supposed to do it so he waits until no one is in the room. It's like he is saying 'this is mine and this is mine and this is mine......." He ate two belly bands so I gave up on them. I wish I could catch him doing it but he is a sly one.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 1:18 pm

UUUGH that really stinks! I'm glad my boys are only markers outside or I'd go insane.

You may want to go nack to rehousebreaking him LOL is that a word????. :| Crate train all over until he stops and make sure to really clean the stuff the gets marked with something that takes the scent totally away
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » March 12th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:You may want to go nack to rehousebreaking him LOL is that a word????. :| Crate train all over until he stops and make sure to really clean the stuff the gets marked with something that takes the scent totally away

We did, didn't help. I'm lucky that the day manager of the kennel is also Wally's trainer. After months of trying to deal with this she just shrugs her shoulders and says he's an a-hole :laugh1:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Malli » March 12th, 2006, 1:22 pm

you poor poor thing :o

Oscar is too grossed out by his own mess to ever mark in the house :lol:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 2:34 pm

SisMorphine wrote:We did, didn't help. I'm lucky that the day manager of the kennel is also Wally's trainer. After months of trying to deal with this she just shrugs her shoulders and says he's an a-hole :laugh1:

That stinks! :shock:

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » March 12th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:We did, didn't help. I'm lucky that the day manager of the kennel is also Wally's trainer. After months of trying to deal with this she just shrugs her shoulders and says he's an a-hole :laugh1:

Yeah it does.
He's a very dominant Greyhound who wasn't neutered until he was 4.5.

I can guarantee you that any thoughts of having an un-neutered male show dog are now completely wiped from my mind!!
SisMorphine

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 2:45 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Patch O' Pits wrote:

Yeah it does.

I can guarantee you that any thoughts of having an un-neutered male show dog are now completely wiped from my mind!!

I have 3 very dominant show boys and they don't do that... guess it all depends on the dog :|

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » March 12th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:
Patch O' Pits wrote:

Yeah it does.

I have 3 very dominant show boys and they don't do that... guess it all depends on the dog :|

Damn! You are either lucky or I am super unlucky! LOL!
SisMorphine

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 3:06 pm

:o I wish I knew the secret to help you....

Part of why I didn't want to get any males at first was the marking issue so I guess I just somehow got that through to the dogs before they could even think about it LOL

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby rockermom » March 12th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. But it makes me feel better to hear the people who are Godly dog owners to me have issues too. My husband was just complaining that Rocky does not lift his leg yet. He is worried about his green grass. When I tell him your story that will be the end of wishing for leg lifting. ANyway Rocky does not mark yet. And when he pees he goes off the grass into the mulch or way to a corner. If they are a marker, DO they do that right from the start?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 12th, 2006, 4:53 pm

houlabulla? wrote:Sorry to hear this is happening to you. But it makes me feel better to hear the people who are Godly dog owners to me have issues too. My husband was just complaining that Rocky does not lift his leg yet. He is worried about his green grass. When I tell him your story that will be the end of wishing for leg lifting. ANyway Rocky does not mark yet. And when he pees he goes off the grass into the mulch or way to a corner. If they are a marker, DO they do that right from the start?

Pray that he never starts. Trust me, burn marks in your lawn is nothing compared to having to replace suede drapes, a couch, and a velvet chair. If I could tie his leg to the other one I would!!

My aunt's shepherds never lifted their legs. Wally even lifts if there's nothing verticle to pee on. He's a brat.
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » March 12th, 2006, 5:10 pm

houlabulla? wrote:Sorry to hear this is happening to you. But it makes me feel better to hear the people who are Godly dog owners to me have issues too. My husband was just complaining that Rocky does not lift his leg yet. He is worried about his green grass. When I tell him your story that will be the end of wishing for leg lifting. ANyway Rocky does not mark yet. And when he pees he goes off the grass into the mulch or way to a corner. If they are a marker, DO they do that right from the start?

My daughter was very young when we had Booger. She was also worried about him not lifting his leg to pee & she would "help" him by lifting it for him. I guess he decided to show her what he had learned one day, she was laying on the floor watching t.v., he walked over to her & for the first time EVER, he lifted his leg.......and peed on her. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 12th, 2006, 9:26 pm

omg ... :backRoll: :backRoll: :backRoll: :backRoll:
Maryellen
I live here

Return to Training & Behavior