Karen wrote:Know what? That was always my answer too. Know what happened? His co owner (not my idea long story off topic old history) and breeder started booking dates for the freakazoid. She had to use her own dog to fill the quota. So been there done that won't do it again. Nothing with balls and 4 legs in this house again. Co owns either for that matter.
First. He is not co-owned. I've had him for all of five days, and if I decide he's not a good fit for me he will be going back to Chris. If I decide to keep him, he is mine.
Second. I did the co-ownership thing with Ruby. (well, breeding contract, but it's the same principle) That arrangement nearly cost her her life. I own my pets or I don't own my pets. I don't share that with anyone.
And FINALLY. This discussion, as it pertains to me and Riggs, is really quite pointless. If I were ever to decide to breed him it would be after he is titled in protection, weight pull, obedience and conformation. Then there would be all necessary health tests. Then there would be finding a female that had met all of the same criteria as I set for Riggs in addition to her being the right match in temperament and physical attributes. That's not happening any time soon.
So let's drop it.