Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Maryellen » January 9th, 2006, 10:29 am

VETERINARY RESOURCE GROUP, INC.
5114 Pt. Fosdick Drive NW, #E PMB32, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Ph: 253-209-6132 Toll Free Fax: 877-232-9874 sales@vrg-usa.com

WILD ARCTIC SALMON OIL™
Fresh Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil
Sourced from the finest quality producer in Alaska this pharmaceutical grade oil is packed full of valuable Omega 3 fatty acids and flushed with nitrogen for extended shelf life.
Alaskan salmon are among the purest of all ocean fish, consistently testing free of hazardous levels of contaminates. They are also a rich source of the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, a natural carotenoid that imparts the rich red color to our oil. Alaskan salmon is naturally high in Vit E which is usually added to the oil as natural mixed tocopherols to extend the shelf life.
We needed to source the finest quality oil for our veterinary market. What we found were International producers that made product using anchovy and herring with a trace of salmon and labeling it as "Salmon Oil". Some didn't even have salmon oil in their "Salmon Oil" and almost all of the true salmon oil we did find was from farm raised salmon. Alaska prohibits fish farms so we know for certain it is what it says it is- Wild Alaskan Salmon.
A Sustainable Harvest
The Marine Stewardship Council has certified Alaska salmon fisheries as sustainable. The Audubon Society, Sierra Club, Environmental Defense and Monterey Bay Aquarium are among the conservation groups advocating consumption of wild Alaskan salmon as opposed to farm raised salmon.
Support Alaska’s Small Business
Fishing is the economic backbone of every community in the island archipelago of Southeast Alaska. Alaska’s fisheries are small boat fisheries typically operated by family run businesses. VRG strives to promote family and small business.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » January 10th, 2006, 12:26 pm

Good info.--Thanks.

I use Salmon oil in my dogs food. Seems to really help their coats and it appears to have less allergic issues than Flaxseed oil.

Try it folks! I don't think you'll be disappointed!
a-bull
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 10th, 2006, 1:01 pm

I haven't tried it yet but I will soon. :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 10th, 2006, 1:04 pm

you should charles, the dogs will love it... i get it from Ted at Veterinary Resources, he ships anywhere. and quick. i get his kelp from him too. sometimes he puts stuff on ebay that you can bid on.. i won a 20lb case of organic kelp.(solid gold sea meal 5lbs is $69) and the kelp only cost me $50 from ted, and its better quality...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 10th, 2006, 1:05 pm

I gave up on supplements after Justice ate them ALL & the procceded to poop & puke them all over the house. An almost full bottle of Kelp & about 1/2 bottle of fish oil. She looked really good though
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 10th, 2006, 1:07 pm

:groupHug: poor justice.. i can understand your no supplements now deb.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby turtle » January 11th, 2006, 12:48 am

cheekymunkee wrote:I gave up on supplements after Justice ate them ALL & the procceded to poop & puke them all over the house. An almost full bottle of Kelp & about 1/2 bottle of fish oil. She looked really good though

Oh my! What a mess! Mine loves both the salmon oil and the kelp and I bet she'd do the same if she could...
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2006, 1:31 am

I tried salmon oil a couple of years ago and Kato got the runs. He has a really sensitive stomach, so I'm pretty strict with his diet. I'm thinking of trying it again though.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby turtle » January 11th, 2006, 2:10 am

CinderDee wrote:I tried salmon oil a couple of years ago and Kato got the runs. He has a really sensitive stomach, so I'm pretty strict with his diet. I'm thinking of trying it again though.

Maybe try just giving him a small amount every other day and working up to more? A gradual change seems to work best for sensitive tummies!
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2006, 5:52 am

Thanks, GF! I am going to try it again. His stomach has been really good since I switched to Timberwolf, so I'm hoping he'll tolerate it.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 5:55 am

I've tried some fish oil supplement from the vet but it didn't do diddley. I wonder if I should give the salmon oil a shot. This isn't the Timberwolf one is it?
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2006, 6:20 am

No, I don't think so, Zoe. Are you using kelp? I'm going to try that too.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby satanscheerleader » January 11th, 2006, 6:29 am

No. I used to use the Solid Gold Seameal in one of my many attempts to alleviate Venus and Nyx's dry coat but I didn't see a difference. I tried another brand of kelp called Ultra Kelp which Venus was allergic to so I sorta gave up on the kelp deal. Hey. Where is my shrugging dude emoticon!? :bs:
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 11th, 2006, 9:11 am

the salmon oil is from Veterinary Resource in WA.. its truly wild, and i found its better then the timberwolf withmy dogs. i was feeding the timberwolf salmon oil previously, and switched to the Veterinary Resource along with their kelp.. the kelp is way cheaper then the solid gold sea meal, i got 20 lbs off ebay from Ted for $50 and the sea meal with solid gold for a 5 lb jar is $69 by me.. the kelp is icelandic organic, and i have noticed a improvement with the dogs onthat as well. Ted has great prices, and he ships anywhere. i feed timberwolf dry, but they wouldnt give me any discounts for buying in bulk, where Ted did.. sometimes Ted will have stuff for sale on ebay, so you can really get a great deal there too
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » January 13th, 2006, 11:30 am

You do not have to give your dogs the amount recommended on the bottle. I don't because of expense and because my dogs are prone to the runs, also.

The more natural the Salmon oil the better. The vets offices tend to sell things that are too processed. The ingredients should really only be salmon oil, and maybe one other ingredient. (Mine has Rosemary Extract).

I guess some dogs don't like the fishy smell in their food, so that's another good reason to put less.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 13th, 2006, 12:33 pm

i only give a teaspoon to each dog of the salmon oil.. too much and yep, mine will have the runs. the salmon oil i use is pure oil. nothing else added.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » January 13th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Maryellen wrote:i only give a teaspoon to each dog of the salmon oil.. too much and yep, mine will have the runs. the salmon oil i use is pure oil. nothing else added.

even better . . .
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » January 13th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Flax seed oil works very well also. Ruby's coat usually looks waxed it is so shiney, but it gets even moreso with oil or a raw egg twice a week.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyVW » January 13th, 2006, 8:10 pm

GNC fish oil once a day has greatly enhanced the shine in my pup's coats!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 13th, 2006, 11:44 pm

I have Flaxseed oil in the fridge. I'll use that and see how he does.

Thanks, Michelle!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Next

Return to Nutrition & Health