dogs siezed from puppie mill in wa

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby chance's mom » March 11th, 2006, 7:46 pm

chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » March 11th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Pit Bulls Seized; Owner Under Investigation

POSTED: 3:58 pm PST March 8, 2006
UPDATED: 8:13 pm PST March 8, 2006

TACOMA, Wash. -- Dozens of pit bulls have been seized in Pierce County and the dogs' owner is under investigation for alleged animal cruelty and running a puppy mill, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

Twenty seven pit bulls -- many of them injured and some of them pregnant -- were brought to the Humane Society of Tacoma & Pierce County and are putting a huge strain on the facility, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Amy Clancy said.

The dogs are being evaluated for temperament.

"We've taken the animals for animal cruelty," said Ed Troyer of the Pierce County Sheriff's Office. "We also served a search warrant on the property to recover some other items to see if the dogs were being used in a sort of fighting situation or an illegal puppy mill."

The 27 surviving dogs, along with one dead dog, were found on remote, vacant property on the Key Peninsula.

"Many of the pit bulls came in in very poor medical condition. There were several males that had wounds and signs of scarring," said Kitty Gibbs Pierce County Humane Society.

MORE ON THIS STORY
Humane Society Of Tacoma & Pierce County
(253) 383-2733 ext. 816.

The animals are now being housed and treated at the Humane Society at the expense of the other dogs there.

"It's been an incredible stress on the shelter here because most of the animals had to be kennelled separately," Gibbs said.

The dogs are not available for adoption and won't be until the investigation into their owner is complete, which could take weeks, officials said.

For information on how you can help ease the strain at the Humane Society, go to thehumanesociety.org. The Humane Society's phone number is (253) 383-2733 ext. 816
Purple
I live here

Postby pocketpit » March 11th, 2006, 9:30 pm

They brought the first two dog into work last week (the deceased female and another live dog), took pictures and I guess it was enought to get a warrant issued! :bounce:
I was happy to hear they were able to get most of the dogs (the owner ran away with a few before they arrived) but am sad that most of them will likely not make it out alive when the court case is over.
They initially kenneled a bunch of them together (silly, silly, people) and ended up having to bring in one of the pregnant bitches that was involved in a fight with her kennel mate. She's got minor wounds (especially lucky considering how long they said it took to get them apart) and will be fine. What an absolute sweetheart she was! Everyone fell in love with her. Actually the male they originally brought in was equally as sweet and had a true Pit Bull temperment despite his obvious lack of socialization.
I wish I had taken some pictures of them as they were very small, compact, adorable dogs.
I'm suprised this made the news.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby chance's mom » March 11th, 2006, 9:38 pm

thanks purple, i wasnt sure how to do that!

pocketpit, i am sorry you had to see those dogs like that, i probably would cry pretty hard and want to kick someones booty. i really hope they find this guy responsible.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL