Lady Louise Found A Home!!

Postby SisMorphine » March 10th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Well my foster baby, Lady Louise, went to her new home on Saturday. I could NOT be any happier for this girl who came to me having been roaming the streets of the city, starving, who then went to a HORRIBLY botched spay job, and spent a good deal of her first few weeks with me very sick because of it.

Well within the few months she was with me she gained some weight, and got healthy. The meek little girl I met the day I brought her home turned into a bundle of love with the manners of a street bum and the coordination of an unmanned Mac Truck. Falling all over everything and everyone, running into walls and people, insisting to me that counters and tables were put there for her to be on top of!! She always kept me smiling with her antics.

Well two weeks ago a couple came down to meet her. They fell in love immediately because she is just so sweet and goofy. She got along great with their dog, Krup, and last weekend PittieLove Rescue placed her in their home. She now has many acres to run around on like a maniac, a brother to play with, and a gorgeous house to hang out in.

I can't believe that the little girl who came to me looking like this just a few months ago

Went to her new home last Saturday looking like this (her with her new brother, Krup)

I really couldn't be happier :) She is such a sweet girl and they are very into training so I know they'll be able to control my Mac Truck.

A HUGE thank you to Hoyden who donated that lovely purple collar she is wearing in the second picture.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 10th, 2006, 2:46 pm

She is soooo cute!! I bet you will miss her terribley. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of her!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby rockermom » March 10th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Oh so happy for you and the Lady. What happened to her pretty collar did it go with her? I know you hated that collar but it looked so nice on her. I cant believe how skinny she was. Does she have a new name?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 10th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Her new purple one went with her, but the ugly yellow one stayed here since it's getting nice out and Wally uses it at the beach since I don't care if it gets dirty and crappy :)

The jury was still out, last I checked, on if she was going to get a new name. I'll have to see when I call for an update next week.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Purple » March 10th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Congratulations on a job well done!!! I admire anyone who can foster.....
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 10th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Congratulations! :) I remember that girl, you did a fantastic job with her, she's looks so much better.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jesseca » March 10th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Congradulations to both of you. You did very well by her. She is beautiful.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby rockermom » March 10th, 2006, 8:39 pm

I like the golden collar it looked nice on her. Maybe it just looks good in pictures.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 10th, 2006, 9:06 pm

houlabulla? wrote:I like the golden collar it looked nice on her. Maybe it just looks good in pictures.

No it did look good on her. But it's Wally's beach collar so I wasn't going to give it up :)
SisMorphine

Postby Sue » March 10th, 2006, 9:12 pm

What a happy girl :) Great job, Sis!!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby luvmyangels » March 10th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Hope she will do well in her new home. Congrats on the great job you did.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 11th, 2006, 1:14 am

Thanks so much, guys. I really am proud of this little Lady. She still has a ways to go, but I know she'll be the perfect dog once she has some more training in her :)

And her family is just fantastic. I told them about this forum. Hopefully they'll join!!
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » March 11th, 2006, 1:45 am

Yeah! I am so glad she found a forever home.

And I think her pretty purple celtic looks nice on her. :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » March 11th, 2006, 3:21 am

SisMorphine wrote:Thanks so much, guys. I really am proud of this little Lady. She still has a ways to go, but I know she'll be the perfect dog once she has some more training in her :)

And her family is just fantastic. I told them about this forum. Hopefully they'll join!!

Tell them it is mandatory!!! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 11th, 2006, 4:51 pm

i cant believe the transformation, she is beautiful!! and a great THANK YOU for taking her in and fostering her!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Murfins » March 12th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Wow you helped her to bloom! Awesome about her new home - great job!! :clap:
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 2:30 pm

What a great job you did with her! Congrats on finding her a good home :mrHappy:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Favorite Kitty » March 13th, 2006, 1:29 pm

Congrats, Lys! You did an awesome job :)
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 13th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Lys that's so awesome!! She truly looks great! Does Mr. Wally miss her terribly??
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby a-bull » March 13th, 2006, 11:47 pm

Wow . . . she looks AMAZING! Congrats to you both, and yahoo for a job really well done! :dance:
a-bull
I live here

Next

Return to Rescue