Please send positive thought down to Sanford, NC!!!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 24th, 2007, 6:14 am

Keep practicing and try again!

Each competition that you don't do good in is a practice run for the perfect day.
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » September 24th, 2007, 7:30 am

On September 24 2007, 3:50 AM, katiek0417 wrote:So, Saturday night, one of the decoys sat around, we worked some obedience, TJ bit, and I made sure biting in obedience would never happen again!!!

TJ had a CTJ encounter??? :shock:

Sorry to hear that it didn't go so well... but there is always next time... :itsOK:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 24th, 2007, 7:48 am

That sucks, Katie - you guys'll get it!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » September 24th, 2007, 11:53 am

On September 24 2007, 6:30 AM, amazincc wrote:
On September 24 2007, 3:50 AM, katiek0417 wrote:So, Saturday night, one of the decoys sat around, we worked some obedience, TJ bit, and I made sure biting in obedience would never happen again!!!

TJ had a CTJ encounter??? :shock:

Sorry to hear that it didn't go so well... but there is always next time... :itsOK:

Well, I guess you could call it a CTJ encounter :wink: Let's put it this way: I'm pretty sure the lights started to flicker in Sanford when he took that bite!!!

I'm actually fairly proud of how we did on Sunday. My goal on Sunday was NOT to pass, but, INSTEAD to just get through the routine without having TJ bite....I was much more relaxed, and I think that helped him get through the routine! TJ very much feeds off of me...when I took the pressure off myself, I took it off of him, too!

I know that I can't title him now (the best I can hope for is a leg to the title)...he'll be retiring after Nationals (next month). However, I would like to take first at Nationals with him. That would be a fantastic way for TJ to retire!

I'll be back in the 3's next year with my new dog...but since Cy is mine, I won't have to worry about time limits, etc with him!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby gayrghts » September 24th, 2007, 5:15 pm

What did he bite?

and are they ok?

and what was the situation?

sorry to hear about all this... but glad sunday worked out in the end. :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Malli » September 24th, 2007, 5:28 pm

the decoy (guy in the padded suit or with the padded arm) always participates as a distraction in the OB, so TJ will have bitten the decoy :wink: before he'd recieved a command from Katie or adequate signals from the decoy that would indicate to him that he should bite
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » September 24th, 2007, 9:31 pm

On September 24 2007, 4:15 PM, gayrghts wrote:What did he bite?

and are they ok?

and what was the situation?

sorry to hear about all this... but glad sunday worked out in the end. :)

Yep, what Malli said.

In PSA you do obedience routines and protection scenarios. In the level 3's, the decoys agitate the dog. They are wearing a bitesuit. Well, TJ decided to bite the decoy without listening for the command from me. That's a no-no...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » September 24th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Tell TJ that if Oscar was in protection work, his mommy doesn't ever think he would get past that one! :D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » September 25th, 2007, 1:49 pm

On September 24 2007, 9:35 PM, Malli wrote:Tell TJ that if Oscar was in protection work, his mommy doesn't ever think he would get past that one! :D

Awww...don't sell poor Oscar short...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » September 25th, 2007, 6:27 pm

well honestly, the fight and tug drive in him :shock: :rolleyes2: :crazy:
He will NOT drop the toy he has in his mouth if I have ahold of it.

I think Oscar would break his obedience every time to bite :lol3: It would be his favorite part.
E-I-E-I-O!

Previous

Return to Sports