RIP x 6 :-(

Postby msvette2u » September 23rd, 2007, 2:47 pm

Friday was euth. day at the shelter where I still work.

I don't have pics of all 5 but here's 3 of them that I had to put down. There were two Pit Xs as well.
All area rescues are full, myself included and also I got no responses on the rescue pleas I sent out.
RIP Doggies. It's not your fault.

I called her Cara

I called him Maddox

I called him Benson

And two we didn't have names for.

Then last night on the way home from a friends' house, we saw the police had someone pulled over, so we thought.
When we slowed down to go around the police cars on the road, we saw a dog who'd been struck by a car.
I had my husband pull over and back up to the scene and I got out and announced I'm the AC for the area.
The Sheriff on scene is one of the guys I've worked with extensively and he was so happy to see me.
I had to run home and get my pickup, with catch pole and crates and drugs and went back to the scene. The dog was a yellow Lab, unaltered male, with a black collar but no tags and no chip.
He had been struck on the right side of his body, biting his tongue through in a few spots, his face and lip were swelling on that side, but worst of all he had a huge 4" or 5" gash across the front of his leg up by his shoulder. You could see veins and arteries torn in half and arterial blood was leaking out at a constant rate. The dog had run also, 1/4 of a mile or so before he collapsed. He must have bled out quite a bit before we even arrived.
Due to shock he was still alive but barely.
I sedated him and scanned him and when we found no chip (no tags) and seeing his injury was going to kill him, I put him to sleep.
RIP yellow dog. It's not your fault either :(
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » September 23rd, 2007, 3:25 pm

What a horrible week for you. :( Run free puppies.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 23rd, 2007, 4:37 pm

How sad...RIP all... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » September 23rd, 2007, 5:12 pm

Oh, jeeze. I'm so sorry, Vette. :itsOK:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby gayrghts » September 23rd, 2007, 5:31 pm

How sad... but at least with the last one,.... you could put him out of his misery as soon as possible...

our local AC has very little of any tools... all he can do is shoot them i believe.... which he hates to do....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby msvette2u » September 23rd, 2007, 5:43 pm

I know it.
The guys on scene didn't want to, either. They didn't think it was "life threatening" enough but when I arrived and got the dog in a catch pole (he'd try to bite anyone who came near, poor baby) and I sedated and examined him, we found out pretty quickly it's not going to be long before he's dead anyway.
I just hastened it :(
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Our Departed Friends