SHOCKING!!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Big_Ant » March 8th, 2006, 2:56 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Wow, man, good luck. I would rather die than never be able to eat meat again.

Actually, I would die if I didn't eat meat . . . but I can't even begin to go into that lol!!

Let us know how it all goes!!!!

Trust me, I'm going to be BBQing a ton of meat on Easter to make up for it.

I just feel really good healthwise not eating it right now. Until Easter will be tough, but I'll do it, and be happier for it.

My wife actually tried to test me to see how serious I was about it, and she called me when I was leaving the Gym and said to meet her at "Acapulco" because she wanted to eat out for dinner. She knows that I love the meat there. I ordered while she was in the bathroom. When my food arrived, she was trying to see if I had meat on it. NOPE! I ordered Beans, Rice, 2 Chile Rellenos, and that's IT!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 9th, 2006, 5:26 pm

If you want some great meatless and low fat recipes, let me know. My hubby and I are on a low cholesterol diet, and basically eat little dairy and little meat. But I am a big eater, and so is Dave, and we never leave the table hungry.

Good luck, going veggie is not always easy, especially eating out.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 9th, 2006, 7:36 pm

I would recommend the "raw cookbook" it's written by a total fruitcake, but it has great recipes that are all vegetables and interesting mixes of whole foods.

I have it and am going to try a few recipes soon. the prep time is about the same as for cooked food and you'll save on gas and electric because your stove won't be on!

if you have a knives, peelers, a blender and/or a food processor you're set.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Off-Topic