Score book in SCH?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby ellie@ny » September 16th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Is anybody knows where and how can I get a score book to compete in SCH in the future?
At my club they've said I have to ask my breed working club about that,anyone have a website,phone #? :|

Thanks.
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby babyreba » September 16th, 2007, 8:25 pm

You can go to http://www.dvgamerica.com and apply for a scorebook, but if I remember correctly, the application asks you which DVG-affiliated club you participate with and needs to be signed by someone who can certify your membership.

I'm not sure how USA or any of the other orgs work but the DVG site has a lot of info and lists of member clubs. You might find the answer you're looking for there.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » September 16th, 2007, 9:11 pm

USA Schutzhund has a form on their website for a scorebook...you can compete in USA if you have a DVG scorebook....not sure about vice versa...I do USA Schutzhund...and I just got a scorebook by filling out the app...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby ellie@ny » September 17th, 2007, 7:22 am

Thanks guys!
My club is a member of USA SCH.
But I still have to send in my membership form to the Working Pit Bull Terrier Club of America,to get the score book from them.
I've found the website yesterday.
I already got answer in an e-mail from them.

Thank you guys! :greenWave:
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 18th, 2007, 5:21 pm

ok so, explain this to me. do i have to be a member of the working pit bull thing in order to compete? where would i get a scorebook from if i was in a usa club? what if i wanted to compete in a dvg trial? now the working pit bull club talks about membership and also being a club member, what's the difference?
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby babyreba » September 18th, 2007, 6:11 pm

hopefully this will address your questions, but i'm not sure if it covers everything:

you do have to be a member of the WPBTCA in order to compete in WPBTCA championship events in november. membership is $35 for the year.

if you are a USA member you can get a scorebook through USA (http://www.germanshepherdog.com). not sure what the rules are on being a club member in order to get a scorebook through them, as i'm not a USA member . . . if you're looking to get a scorebook on your pit bull, your dog will be listed as a mixed breed with USA. which is why i wanted to be with a DVG club, which does identify my dog as an APBT with his UKC LP.

you can compete in USA trials or DVG trials and i'm almost positive that both clubs recognize the accomplishments of the other. so if you are a DVG member, you can compete in a USA club trial and vice versa. but there is some kind of process you have to go through to get your accomplishments recognized. i think you might have to actually mail your scorebook to them to have it certified, though.

not sure what you mean when the WPBTCA says membership or club member . . . the WPBTCA is a club recognized by AWDF so membership refers to being a member of the WPBTCA.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby babyreba » September 19th, 2007, 7:01 am

oh and the wpbtca doesn't have its own training club, per se, where you can go and train every week . . . so if you're looking to train in schutzhund you'd need to join a club in your area . . . perhaps that's what your question referred to?
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby ellie@ny » September 19th, 2007, 11:18 am

So,I called USA SCH today,cause I was curious now too about this whole thing.
They only recognize breeds which are recognized by the FCI.
That means APBT's off the list,but if you have a dual reg. dog with AKC you can,amstaffs are allowed.(and I forgot to ask them about reg. an APBT as a mix).
All you have to do is send in your akc reg.with 10$ and they send you the score book.
I think I'm gonna go this way cause it's only 20$ for both dog,and if I go around registering with WPBTCA,that's 70$. :|
Hope it helps. :wink:
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 19th, 2007, 11:32 am

so a scorebook plus membership with wpbtca is $70? or just the scorebook? i think my club that i train with but i'm not an official member of is a usa club, that charges $60 in usa dues. can you be a member of multiple, like usa, dvg, and wpbtca, and have scorebooks from each? i think my boss and i are actually going to start our own club, he wants to make it a malinois club but i think that's stupid so we'll see.
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby ellie@ny » September 19th, 2007, 5:23 pm

On September 19 2007, brooksybrooks1 wrote:so a scorebook plus membership with wpbtca is $70? <For> or just the scorebook? i think my club that i train with but i'm not an official member of is a usa club, that charges $60 in usa dues. can you be a member of multiple, like usa, dvg, and wpbtca, and have scorebooks from each? <Why> :| i think my boss and i are actually going to start our own club, he wants to make it a malinois club but i think that's stupid so we'll see.

For some reason I can't quote and edit,yes,the 70$ is reg.+s.b. for two dogs.
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 19th, 2007, 6:16 pm

ok, and then you can use that at a usa or dvg trial or no?
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby ellie@ny » September 19th, 2007, 7:34 pm

I don't know!Why don't you e-mail them or call them? :|
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 19th, 2007, 10:46 pm

ok :D i will!
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Return to Sports