Tucker and Doc both passed the TT

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby babyreba » September 10th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Took both Tucker and Doc out to an ATTS test being hosted by the Greater Baltimore Akita Club yesterday. I signed them up a month ago. A few days ago, I opened an umbrella in the house, without even imagining it would scare Tucker, but he bolted from it and even though I have left it lying around the house so he could see it and learn that it was not "scary," he walked a very wide arc around it all week.

I came within centimeters of withdrawing him from the test because why pay $25 for a failed test? But Rob and a few other people convinced me that it was dumb to withdraw him, just give him a chance. So I did.

And the little brat passed with flying colors and "superior" marks in all categories, including the dreaded umbrella test. I was shocked. The umbrella opened and he made a barely imperceptible "surprise" face, then ran right up to it, sniffed it, and then greeted the umbrella holder for some attention. I was floored. And thrilled! So Tucker got good marks for the "pit bull mixes."

And Doc . . . oh Doc. He also got superior marks on everything EXCEPT the "threat" part of the test. And he got extra-low grades there because on his form I noted that he is training in schutzhund. They felt he should have squared off against the scary stranger. But Doc just looked at him, contemplated him for a moment, then disregarded him and sniffed the tree rather than protect himself or me. Sigh. All I can think is that he knew it was not a threatening situation, whether an oddly dressed person rushes us with a bullwhip hitting the ground or not. He just didn't care! But the tester told me that Doc was a stellar example of the pit bull temperament in general and exemplified the "sound mind in a sound body" concept that the ATTS likes to see. I was proud to hear that.

My UNPROUD moment, though, was this one:

Dumbass. Yes, he peed on the umbrella. And Rob captured it in a photo. I'm still so embarrassed. I was sure they'd fail us for that. But apparently they're not looking for manners in this test--just responses to various stimuli. Sigh.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » September 10th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Congrats! :beerChug: Way to go Doc and Tucker!

That pic is priceless, btw...scrapbook that one! ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 10th, 2007, 1:40 pm

OMG that pic is tooooo funny! lmao

Congratulations Doc and Tucker!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » September 10th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Nice work!

Oh, and Doc was just letting you know that he didn't think much of that umbrella. That's a fantastic picture!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby lellis34 » September 10th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Congrats!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo. In black and white it looks like it should be the cover of some smart a$$ greeting card or something. Too funny!
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby iluvk9 » September 10th, 2007, 4:01 pm

:congrats:

I love the expression on your face in the pee-pee photo. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby lil_red » September 10th, 2007, 4:44 pm

LMAO On a serious note... Congrats! :P
The biflagellated organism replicates through binary fission...
lil_red
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 10th, 2007, 4:52 pm

I just keep coming back and looking at this picture and laughing! There has to be some catchy saying that could go on a cafepress greeting card!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » September 10th, 2007, 5:50 pm

lmao How freaking hilarious! Congratulations to them both, and you as well.
Jenn
undecided

Postby airwalk » September 10th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Congratulations...and Doc was just making sure everyone knew exactly what he thought of the umbrella test.
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » September 10th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Doc was just making his own rain. :D

Congratulations!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » September 10th, 2007, 8:16 pm

That is hysterical. Do you mind if I show the trainers at work that picture? I think they'd get a HUGE kick out of it!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jenn » September 10th, 2007, 8:32 pm

:giggle: Was the lady in the chair mad??
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » September 11th, 2007, 11:01 am

First of all, a huge congrats Erin :greenWave:

And
Congrats!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo. In black and white it looks like it should be the cover of some smart a$$ greeting card or something. Too funny!

I could not agree more! That is an absolutely priceless picture, its funny on so many different levels lmao You go Doc!!!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby babyreba » September 11th, 2007, 11:40 am

Alyssa, go ahead and show it off, it is a pretty funny photo!

And Jenn, she didn't even know it was happening till after I yelled NOOOOO! LOL!

She was just giving the hand signal to the other testers that we'd completed her station, which is why her hand was up . . . then I yelled No and the whole world went into slow motion for me for about 30 seconds.

Sigh.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 11th, 2007, 4:55 pm

awesome. i'm doing the tt next week- iknow doc does sch, how did he do during the strangely dressed stranger test? i'm nervous about it with tre
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 11th, 2007, 4:59 pm

oops- i missed that part in the beginning. i'm worried that tre will react too soon, like when they are just dressed up shady, not when they are agitating. not at all worried about how he handles the agitation, but i hope the decoy runs off afterwards because tre won't let it be until he can either check it out or the threat is out of sight. he'll stop barking once it leaves, but he'll keep his eyes peeled. i'm nervous. i'm gonna have to take some peppermints for sure.
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby brooksybrooks1 » September 11th, 2007, 5:00 pm

and as for that photo- to someone who doesn't know what's going on, it looks like doc tried to pee on the person and they used the umbrella to block the stream. awesome.
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 12th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Gotta love Doc!! congrats!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » September 13th, 2007, 6:23 am

:lol3: That is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Next

Return to Gallery and Cinema