Lisa and Sparky or Thorne are walking in the Fireplug 500

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 30th, 2007, 9:51 am

We are participating in the Fireplug 500 Walk on September 15, 2007

The Fireplug 500 Walk for Animals is the APF's largest annual fundraiser. Proceeds help to care for more than 2,500 animals each year. My goal is to raise $500 for the APF, it is a wonderful, beautiful facility! The shelter is funded completely by donations, so every dollar counts! You can visit my web-page on the APF site to donate online. My goal is to raise at least $500 for the APF.

Your gift provides shelter, care and hope for homeless pets.

Thank you for supporting the Animal Protective Foundation. Your contribution is greatly appreciated and will make a difference for the animals.

Love Lisa, Thorne, Sparky, and Grizzabella

http://Fireplug500.kintera.org/faf/r.as ... -188386633
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Jenn » August 30th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Yay! Make sure you get plenty of pictures, and I hope you reach your goal! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 31st, 2007, 6:56 am

I want to thank Joyce for her contribution!

GE is matching gifts so if anyone wants to donate $5 it turns into $10

I have collected $100 online and $140 from the people at work, my goal is $500, my family will wait until the last minute, I am sure. This shelter is very different from most animal shelters, it is funded solely on donations and run by ethical people who truly care for the animals. My grizzabella came from this shelter and I have spent alot of time over the years volunteering my time there.

If you don't want to sponsor us for the walk, that is fine, but I ask that maybe you return something to your local animal shelter or rescue, volunteer some time walking dogs or petting cats, give a gift of collars/leashes/food/treats. People work so hard for the animals and the general public does not offer enough appreciation or support to rescuers and shelter workers

I'll take lots of pictures, and it is the perfect socialization event for Sparky!

This is the schedule of events for the day:
Check-in and free refreshments at the pavilion
Blessing of the Animals
Opening Ceremony
One-mile stroll around the park.
After the walk, visit Exhibitors' Alley, the Rescue Roundup Arena, The Doggy Fun Park, the Smooch-A Pooch Booth, the Rainbow Room and other exhibits.
Miss Spay America and Mr. Neuter-verse Pageant with Celebrity Judges.
Walker Awards and Raffle Drawings
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 31st, 2007, 8:29 am

:greenWave:

I really like the shelter's website because it gives great information. The "meet your match" section was awesome.

http://www.animalprotective.org/animals ... match.html
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 31st, 2007, 8:34 am

On August 31 2007, 8:29 AM, iluvk9 wrote::greenWave:

I really like the shelter's website because it gives great information. The "meet your match" section was awesome.

http://www.animalprotective.org/animals ... match.html

This program is awesome, they take the time to make sure that their adoptions are successful. They also network with rescue groups. They do euth at this shelter, but only for temperament and illness. They also are extremely concerned when adopting an animal into a home with other animals and insist that you bring your resident dogs to meet the potential new dog. They also have a nice training facility and strongly encourage taking all adopted dogs to obedience classes.

And, this place is CLEAN! Everyone take great pride in the building because it is relatively new.
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Jazzy » August 31st, 2007, 1:02 pm

were is this taking place and at what time?
Jazzy
Just Whelped

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 31st, 2007, 2:06 pm

September 15th in Schenectady, NY at Central Park

http://www.animalprotective.org/events/fireplug.html

Are you local? I could use a walking buddy :D

We can wear Pit Bull Talk T-Shirts!
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Jazzy » August 31st, 2007, 4:23 pm

I'M IN WATERTOWN,NY
Jazzy
Just Whelped

Postby gayrghts » August 31st, 2007, 4:47 pm

That shelter also sponsors rabies shot clinics and other things that are a benefit to the community.... unlike some other local shelters....

Lisa i'll sponsor you i'll do it on the online thing...but... if i forget... please remind me :)

I can't do it right now cuz i'm at work, and don't bring my CC to work :)

I've gotten 2 of my dogs thru there.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 6th, 2007, 6:45 am

I am bumping this because we walk this Saturday :wink:
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby gayrghts » September 6th, 2007, 1:00 pm

On September 06 2007, 5:45 AM, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:I am bumping this because we walk this Saturday :wink:

Honey, you walk NEXT sat.... this Sat is the 8th....

but thanks cuz i just now went and did the donation thing :)

sorry it isnt more...
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 6th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Thanks Heather, my coffee was brewing when i was online this morning and I was all kinds of confused.
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 6th, 2007, 3:17 pm

Lisa, any new info on who calls GE about the matching program?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 6th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Hey Joyce...I am in charge of that...
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 6th, 2007, 5:29 pm

On September 06 2007, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:Hey Joyce...I am in charge of that...

Okay, thanks! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 15th, 2007, 7:32 am

It's raining and cold out :(

We are walking today, feel sorry for me...I do not like to get wet

But I have some good news...I raised $437 between online and cash donations and I will pitch in the difference to make it $500, my goal was $500

GE is matching my donation so the total for the shelter will be $1000

Sparky is walking with me, Thorne HATES to get wet. It will be a good socialization event for him. The walk is a short mile and then we will hang in a pavillion and try to stay dry.

Thanks to the people on this forum that sponsored us! I will take pictures!
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 15th, 2007, 7:34 am

That's awesome you met your goal!!! I'd say have fun walking, but at least try to make the best of it!

Go Lisa and Sparky Spare-Part-A-Cus!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 15th, 2007, 7:45 am

I am going to have fun, it is a good thing that Sparky likes water
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby gayrghts » September 15th, 2007, 11:10 am

At least it was not pouring....

its only kindof mistying, or sprinkling here..

btw look at these prizes... she got

Participant Level
$25 or More Raised
Free Refreshments, Doggie Bags, and Doggie Bandanas for attendees

$100 or More Raised
FP500 T-shirt

$350+
T-shirt and embroidered APF logo fleece blanket

Raise More
Be eligible for special prizes!

Note
Incentive prizes are based on individual fundraising efforts and totals as of the day of the walk. T-shirts will be awarded at the walk and prizes will be mailed after the walk.

On September 15 2007, 6:32 AM, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:It's raining and cold out :(

We are walking today, feel sorry for me...I do not like to get wet

But I have some good news...I raised $437 between online and cash donations and I will pitch in the difference to make it $500, my goal was $500

GE is matching my donation so the total for the shelter will be $1000

Sparky is walking with me, Thorne HATES to get wet. It will be a good socialization event for him. The walk is a short mile and then we will hang in a pavillion and try to stay dry.

Thanks to the people on this forum that sponsored us! I will take pictures!
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » September 15th, 2007, 12:46 pm

I am giving the t-shirt and bandanna's to the person who gave the largest donation (it was our very own Joyce...thank you!!!!) and the blanket is going in Sparky's crate. Thorne got a frisbee. I am uploading pictures now...
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Next

Return to North East