best decisions/ worst decisions

Keep yourself busy at work!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » August 29th, 2007, 7:00 pm

we've all lived and learned a bit, have our triumphs and regrets. lets share:

best decisions:
telling my parents they were never going to convince me that i'm a bad person and that i'm not talking to them until they get off their pedestal and stop trying, moving out of an unhealthy living situation, breaking up with a bad boyfriend, getting a new job doing what i love, moving into my first place that was all my own, not taking a year off from college that i probably never would have returned from, start dating someone wonderful who i am still dating today, and getting a big tattoo to remind me of all those things i did right for the rest of my life, all within about a 3 month time period!

worst:
one time we smoked a lot of, yeah, well, we'll just say we smoked a lot, and then brought out a credit card and ordered pizza, fresh baked cookies, more pizza, chinese, it was bad...i wasn't feeling so great the next day, nor was whatever poor soul donated his credit card! ahhh...college...
oh yeah, and moving in with my sister- it turns out that when you move in with a sister that is 5 years older than you and is very type a and controlling and has low self esteem and is a hypochondriac and who wants to mother you all the time and be all in your business and then report it back to your parents (highly inaccurately) it doesn't end up being such a happy situation, but rather a big family style uproar!
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » August 30th, 2007, 10:22 am

Well I can't say they are the absolute best, and worst but I'll share one of each that I don't mind sharing at least, lol.

One of the best ~ dropping a friend that I knew despite our years of friendship was a mess and not a good person to allow to be a part of my life.

Worst ~ more than once my decisions on certain men ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » August 30th, 2007, 11:39 am

Nice game! :greenWave:

One of my best decisions: Becoming a teacher in the NYS retirement system.

One of my worst decisions: I bought my condo in 1986 as a single parent, for $79,000. When I remarried 10 years later, we rented it for a year then sold it for $75,000 ~ as the market was slow. NOW the prices of these condos are $200,000.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » August 30th, 2007, 1:32 pm

oh man- that must have hurt!
Jenna
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 30th, 2007, 2:35 pm

Best decision-not dropping out of college when I got pregnant (I wasn't married) because I now have a wonderful career and will always be self sufficient for the rest of my life and be able to live comfortable if something should happen to the DH

Worst decision-without getting into details as it is a chapter of my life that will remain shut, it had something to do with being an accomplice in a grand larceny incident in 1986, thank god I had a good lawyer and got ACOD or I wouldn't have the wonderful career that I have today, I cannot have a criminal record and continue to do what I do for a living
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 30th, 2007, 8:06 pm

On August 30 2007, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:Worst decision-without getting into details as it is a chapter of my life that will remain shut, it had something to do with being an accomplice in a grand larceny incident in 1986

But we had fun, didn't we, Lisa? :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 30th, 2007, 8:26 pm

On August 30 2007, 8:06 PM, iluvk9 wrote:
On August 30 2007, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:Worst decision-without getting into details as it is a chapter of my life that will remain shut, it had something to do with being an accomplice in a grand larceny incident in 1986

But we had fun, didn't we, Lisa? :greenWave:

We sure did, and you shouldn't have lied to me about robbing the bank! I'll think twice the next time you ask me to wait in the car :greenWave:
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 30th, 2007, 9:00 pm

One of my best decisions: leaving a job I HATED, but made a lot of money, and going to a job that paid virtually nothing but I LOVED the job.

One of my worst decisions: not finishing college the first time I went.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » August 30th, 2007, 9:15 pm

My worst... the husband and all that entails...
My best... leaving said husband and all that entails...

:)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby call2arms » August 30th, 2007, 9:32 pm

best: dating my roommate, made me stop partying waaaaaay too hard and going down a path that wasn't so good.

worst: I don't know. I try not to regret the bad things I do and learn from them, instead. Let's say that the "party too hard path" included quite a lot of stupid decisions. But it was fun...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby lellis34 » August 31st, 2007, 2:31 pm

Worst - marrying my starter husband when I really didn't want to and knew I shouldn't be doing it. We were only married 3 months and it took almost 2 years to get divorced.

Best - Marrying my current husband. We've been together 22 years now.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby mommatococoa » August 31st, 2007, 3:10 pm

Best -- I found out I was pregnant when I was 17. Lets just say some people weren't too happy about it and didn't want me to "keep" the baby. The best decision I ever made was keeping MY son and ignoring what everyone else said or thought. I don't know where I would be without him today!

Worst -- I don't know. All the decisions I've ever had to made was based around my son and whats best for him and I'll never regret it!
Jannelle

------------------------

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. "
mommatococoa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » September 3rd, 2007, 4:02 pm

Best: Leaving everything and everyone I knew to intern at MTV and start myself up high on the ladder from the get go before I even WENT to college.

Worst: Succumbing to depression in college, losing my boyfriend, losing interest in music, giving up, and becoming the fat disgusting poverty stricken slob that I am today.

For anyone who is depressed: GET HELP NOW! For anyone who is in college: STAY IN AND GRADUATE! I swear, you won't regret either decision!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby amazincc » September 3rd, 2007, 4:17 pm

On September 03 2007, 3:02 PM, SisMorphine wrote:
Worst: Succumbing to depression in college, losing my boyfriend, losing interest in music, giving up, and becoming the fat disgusting poverty stricken slob that I am today.

Awww, Sis - that is not something one chooses... :(
I take it you got help and are doing better now? :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » September 3rd, 2007, 4:38 pm

On September 03 2007, 3:17 PM, amazincc wrote:Awww, Sis - that is not something one chooses... :(
I take it you got help and are doing better now? :hug3:

I guess you're right. Not really a CHOICE choice (as far as getting help I had in the past but didn't have insurance for a looong time, now I have insurance again so I just need to get more money so that I can afford the co-pay).

Alright, how's this for a bad decision:
Going to on a photoshoot with a guy I didn't know without my chaperone (who was MIA) and subsequently getting raped. Now THAT was dumb! Live and learn.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » September 3rd, 2007, 4:43 pm

On September 03 2007, 3:38 PM, SisMorphine wrote:Alright, how's this for a bad decision:
Going to on a photoshoot with a guy I didn't know without my chaperone (who was MIA) and subsequently getting raped. Now THAT was dumb! Live and learn.

Jesus! :shock:
I hope the guy is in prison! Or dead! :x
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » September 3rd, 2007, 4:44 pm

On September 03 2007, 3:43 PM, amazincc wrote:
On September 03 2007, 3:38 PM, SisMorphine wrote:Alright, how's this for a bad decision:

Jesus! :shock:
I hope the guy is in prison! Or dead! :x

He went to jail shortly thereafter. He was a sad, pathetic, lonely human being.
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » September 3rd, 2007, 4:47 pm

W/a touch of "Psychopath", I'm sure...

Sad, pathetic, lonely human beings don't go around raping young naive girls - criminals do! :evil:
I am so sorry this happened to you...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » September 3rd, 2007, 4:56 pm

On September 03 2007, 3:47 PM, amazincc wrote:I am so sorry this happened to you...

Meh, it happened. Frankly it upset me for about a week and then I was pretty much over it. It wasn't something that ruined my life, just one of those experiences that I REALLY learned from. As much of an a-hole as he was, I was absolutely stupid for putting myself in that situation and should have rescheduled when my chaperon didn't show. I think it would have been a different story if I didn't have a choice in whether or not to go. And I think if I had put up a bit more of a fuss it wouldn't have continued, but eh, whatever. Like I say, you live, you learn.
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » September 3rd, 2007, 5:07 pm

I think it wasn't your fault what-so-ever... the guy should've kept his pants zipped up, period! WTF, Sis... you didn't deserve it, no matter what you did or didn't do! Grrrrr... and if you were my daughter... God help this creep... he wouldnt even be safe in jail... >(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to Fun and Games