SHOCKING!!!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Big_Ant » March 6th, 2006, 7:32 pm

OK, I can't believe I'm saying this, or actually doing it, but ...

I'm giving up meat until Easter!!!

It's not necessarily for Lent, but the timing isn't too bad.

For those of you who I've spoken with regarding my rich sauces, tasty carnes, and just general good cooking, you know how hard this is going to be for me.

I'm a meat lover to the 1000th degree!!!

The reasoning for this is because I've been feeling really terrible lately. My stomach has been feeling really distended when I eat. I could eat something really small, and would feel like I just ate a cow!

I was thinking back to when I was doing my workouts much more serious and sticking to a good regiment, and realized that I have been eating way too much meat, and slacking on my workouts.

My body needs reprieve, so I'm going to oblige.

I'm going to stick to meatless meals. The only exceptions being healthy lunch meats for sandwiches, nothing too hardcore, and allowing for plain tuna as a lunch substitution on certain days.

Please keep me in your thoughts as this is going to be rather tough, but definitely worth it.

I'll probably drop a good 15lbs in the next month. The healthy way of course.

I just started today, and for lunch I had a small salad, cup of soup, and where i would normally feel bloated and irritated after lunch, I actually feel very good. The workouts will go back to a regular thing this evening, and hopefully all will go well.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 6th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Well, good luck with it!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » March 6th, 2006, 7:58 pm

:o :shock: :shocker: :eek1:

Best of luck my friend. I feel that way after eating a high fat or a spicy meal. I also have IBS so that is part of my problem. It never stops me though, I eat & worry about the misery later. And it usually never fails me. I KNOW eating salsa by the bottle is going to make me cry later but I do it anyway.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby AllAmericanPUP » March 6th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Good Luck!!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Purple » March 6th, 2006, 11:31 pm

Good Luck.....I ate a bacon sandwich today...mmmmmm
Purple
I live here

Postby annieinpa » March 7th, 2006, 12:24 am

Good Luck!!!
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » March 7th, 2006, 1:18 am

Good for you! :D
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » March 7th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Thanks Everyone.

I can already feel a huge difference and it's only been a day.

Yesterday for Lunch I had a small salad and a small cup of Broccoli Soup. My body felt great afterwards, I didn't feel drained, and my ride home was enjoyable (only 1 hour and 15 minutes!)

Last Night me and Weda went biking for about 2 miles in the rain, then came back when it started raining heavy. I had a good workout on the weights, and came in feeling great.

Took a nice shower, slept well, and woke up feeling well.

I really think this is going to be a good thing for me.

Debby, you know I'm gonna still have my salsas, and my chile rellenos, I just am not going to do the meats and heavy meals.

Purple, :x , I usually make Bacon Ends often, and toast up some bread, stick some mayo and tomatoes on it, and have a pseudo BLT. My wife was already playing the devil's advocate last night and ate some Chicken just before bed while I was trying to go to sleep. FREAKIN' PREGNANT PEOPLE!!!
- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 7th, 2006, 1:21 pm

I'm the opposite.

When I start bloating up and feeling crappy it's becasue I'm eating to many carbs. Protein is my base. I eat it fsirst at every meal. It's when I'm not eating enough protein when my trouble starts. :|

Where you eating lean meats?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » March 7th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Not too many lean meats, mostly fatty.

This is my first time having problems with meats. I'm usually just like you with having it alot, but I've been neglecting my workout routine and other health, so it's starting to have an effect on me.

Normally if I'm in 'lifting shape' I'm all over the meats, and don't have a problem, but I got out of routine, out of shape, and need to get things back in line.

I'm starting back on a boxing routine within the next 2 weeks or so in addition to the weights. I need to find a place to workout though. I have a bag at home, but the rafters in the garage can't handle me hitting on the bag hard.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 7th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Any clubs near you?

Check out http://www.rossboxing.com. I have his latest book. His site is full of great advice and his forum is a wealth of knowledge. He's a member here! He has a Pit Bull and a dogue de bourduex [sp].
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » March 7th, 2006, 1:54 pm

I've only found one local gym, but I don't know how the Trainers are. I don't necessarily have to have one, but I wouldn't mind either.

I've got some old routines from back in the day that I can use for my time there, and I may put in some time in the ring for fun.

I'll give that site a look. The best thing I have going for me is that when I do dedicate myself to working out, I get things going quickly. My strength usually stays decent compared to my workout strength.

Any tips for rehabbing a knee?

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 7th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Strength training, You have to strengthen the muscle around the knee so that it takes some of the work off of the joint. When I screwed up my knee the doctor told me to start small, 5 pound weights attacted to my foot. Sit in a straight backed chair & lift the foot out, up & down. Do it 10 times & rest, 10 times & rest.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » March 7th, 2006, 2:10 pm

I know nothing of knee injuries. I'm very lucky. I've been squatting since I was in the 4th grade. I've deadlifted for the last 3 years with no injuries. Good luck with that!

Do you wrap your hands and use good gloves on the bag?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » March 7th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Romanwild wrote:Any clubs near you?

WHOOOHOOO!!!

OK, So last week I stopped by the club that I mentioned previously, and it was the one that I thought I had found online. They wanted $100/month, and it wasn't really a dedicated place for boxing, it was just a mix of boxing, martial arts, etc. I wasn't in love with the place, but it would have been a place to box.

Well I just looked online again, seen the place I had originally found, and noticed that it wasn't where I went.

I called the guy and he said that it's only $10 a week. Just like a Donation. He said that he doesn't charge much because it's more for the kids in the community. If they don't have the money, he helps them out with things.

REALLY COOL!

He said to come by and check it out, and maybe lend a hand to some kids if I feel like it while I'm here. He said they close when people are done, not a set hour.

A True "Neighborhood Ring"

I'm stopping by tonight!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » March 7th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Romanwild wrote:I know nothing of knee injuries. I'm very lucky. I've been squatting since I was in the 4th grade. I've deadlifted for the last 3 years with no injuries. Good luck with that!

Do you wrap your hands and use good gloves on the bag?

I have to admit that I've slacked on wrapping my hands, but I do use some nice bag gloves that I've gotten comfortable in.

I've got some wraps in my garage that I'm going to take for tonight.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » March 7th, 2006, 2:14 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:

Strength training, You have to strengthen the muscle around the knee so that it takes some of the work off of the joint. When I screwed up my knee the doctor told me to start small, 5 pound weights attacted to my foot. Sit in a straight backed chair & lift the foot out, up & down. Do it 10 times & rest, 10 times & rest.

Thanks Debby. I've tried on and off for the last 3 or so years since the injury, but it hasn't worked, although I wasn't as diligent as I should have been.

I'm going to give it one last shot at rehabbing properly, and if that doesn't work I'm going to go in for the surgery.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 7th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Big_Ant wrote:OK, I can't believe I'm saying this, or actually doing it, but ...

I'm giving up meat until Easter!!!

- Anthony

I decided to give up meat a few months ago. I was BBQ-ing and since I don't cook well, the meat was raw inside. Somehow my mind flashed to my dogs. I just got this sick feeling and decided I couldn't eat steak anymore. Then I made chicken on the BBQ. Again, being a horrible cook, raw inside. So I gave up all meat. But I eat fish. And once I was eating a delicious stuffed mushroom and after I finished, my husband said there was bacon in it. I didn't die.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Big_Ant » March 8th, 2006, 2:41 pm

I WENT!

I WAS PUT THROUGH THE RINGER!

I LOVED IT!

I'LL BE GOING BACK TODAY!
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 8th, 2006, 2:44 pm

Wow, man, good luck. I would rather die than never be able to eat meat again.

Actually, I would die if I didn't eat meat . . . but I can't even begin to go into that lol!!

Let us know how it all goes!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Next

Return to Off-Topic