The reason I'm broke.....

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Chocolate Thunda » March 8th, 2006, 10:34 am

Image Image Image

Size comparisson
Last edited by Chocolate Thunda on March 9th, 2006, 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The likelihood of that being likely is unlikely"
Chocolate Thunda
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » March 8th, 2006, 10:37 am

Jeez!!! That is one cool tank! How many gallons is it?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 8th, 2006, 10:45 am

Pretty fishies CT and you are looking as handsome as ever! It's funny, no matter HOW hard you try to look "hard"......your eyes give you away! :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » March 8th, 2006, 11:34 am

Nice fish! And I have to agree with the Munkee on this, your eyes give you away!
Purple
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 8th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Breathtaking! One day maybe the bf and I will have enough time and money to take care of a marine tank. :D

Yes... how big is it?? (did I miss that?)
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Big_Ant » March 8th, 2006, 3:39 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Jeez!!! That is one cool tank! How many gallons is it?

You talking about the fish tank or his head?

:twisted:

What's up CT!
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Chocolate Thunda » March 9th, 2006, 1:06 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Pretty fishies CT and you are looking as handsome as ever! It's funny, no matter HOW hard you try to look "hard"......your eyes give you away! :wink:
Me look hard......never that. I was just bored and snapped that. Besides smiling all the time hurts my face..... 8)

SisMorphine wrote:Jeez!!! That is one cool tank! How many gallons is it?
125 gallons w/ a 55 gallon sump (filter for those who have no clue what a sump is. I didn't either at first. :? ) so at any given time there is around 150 gallons floating in my livingroom. God I can't wait to get bigger.

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Breathtaking! One day maybe the bf and I will have enough time and money to take care of a marine tank. :D
The initial start up will test your patience and pocket if you are not careful (or just trust your LPS) but the maintenance and upkeep are no more expensive than those discus nazi's (freshwater folks) would like you to think. Always start w/ the largest tank you can afford. It's easier to downsize then upsize and all the stuff from the big works on the little.

Big_Ant wrote:You talking about the fish tank or his head?

:twisted:

What's up CT!
Hey I do know where Cali is..... I just won't go. :P
Chocolate Thunda
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » March 9th, 2006, 2:47 am

that and my frogs take up my extra cash too :)

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Romanwild » March 9th, 2006, 8:48 am

That's a awesome set up! When I get into a house I would like to give saltwater a try.

What's the fish in the last pic?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jenn » March 9th, 2006, 9:20 am

Beautiful Tank :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2006, 10:26 am

Romanwild wrote:That's a awesome set up! When I get into a house I would like to give saltwater a try.

It's been a whiles since I have been around salt water fish but I *think it is a butterfly fish.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Chocolate Thunda » March 13th, 2006, 1:03 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
Romanwild wrote:That's a awesome set up! When I get into a house I would like to give saltwater a try.

It's been a whiles since I have been around salt water fish but I *think it is a butterfly fish.
Yep it's been awhile........ The pics starting from the top
Copperband Butterfly Fish

pic 2 from top left clockwise Blonde Naso Tang, Copperband Butterfly, Cleaner Wrasse, Yellow Wrase, Yello Tang, Tennant Tang

pic 3 Tennant Tang, Copperband Butterfly, Yellow Tang, Yellow Wrasse

pic 4One of two Maroon Clownfish (not Nemo) in a Bulb Tip Anemone

pic 5 Tennant Tang, Yellow Wrasse, 2nd Maroon Clownfish in Bulb Tip Anemone (very bad pic of tank)

pic 6 Pic in question.....Blonde Naso Tank

pic 7 This is a rare species. The Latin name is Creaturus Humanis....It almost bite me while I was trying to take it's picture.
Chocolate Thunda
Just Whelped

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 13th, 2006, 2:57 pm

wow those are really cool
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 22nd, 2006, 10:41 am

Awesome tank. My friend had one that size, so i can appreciate the many hours and dollars what go into it.
Hers was covered in anemones, from one end to another. Your clown fish is way bigger than hers though, yours is beautiful. Are you going to get any shrimp? She had a few and they really helped keep the tank clean, I guess.

I am one of those 'discus nazis' as you put it, and I hate to tell you but fresh IS WAY cheaper than a good salt set up. My friend with the 125 spend 5 grand getting hers set up. Fish are about 5 times more expensive, plus live rock, better lights, timers, and the filtration system...Then 2 years later she sells it all and raises fresh water angels....must be nice to have that kind of money!!

Now salt is far more beautiful and exotic than fresh, my tank is very green, but I don't have much in the way of stunning fish-my oldest fish is 9 in my 55 gal, a little bronze catfish, and my youngest are 2yrs old (a pair of angels). I don't go buy new fish everytime I am at the store, I am very selective and that is why my tank does not crash. But I don't have those gorgeous fish of the sort you have. There is definately a tradeoff. You get what you pay for. I will try to get picks of my tanks tonight...

Thanks for sharing those- they really are gorgeous!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members