This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Maryellen » March 7th, 2006, 12:34 pm

:box: :box:
Dreyfus 1 Charles 0
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » March 7th, 2006, 1:18 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:I keep bees

That means you will be giving me free samples of honey, right?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 7th, 2006, 1:36 pm

If you like-it is really good stuff!

Of course you have to come get it out of the hive yourself, can't make it too easy.. If you can handle Dreyfus you can handle a few little ol bees, right?? :wink:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 7th, 2006, 1:38 pm

I hate bees, but I loooooove raw honey! The woman down the street from me growing up had bees and used to give us chunks of honeycomb. I loved breaking chunks off and chewing them. Natural honey flavored gum!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » March 7th, 2006, 1:39 pm

I have no problems with bees.

I have played with the idea of getting into it if I get out of the city. There is probably more to it then I could imagine.

It always cracks me up to see grown men squeal like a little girl when a bee comes near them. lol
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 7th, 2006, 2:06 pm

You'd LOVE watching me then! I am highly allergic to them, not to mention terrified of them! :shock:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jesseca » March 7th, 2006, 5:51 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:You'd LOVE watching me then! I am highly allergic to them, not to mention terrified of them! :shock:

Me too :shock:

Charles, I'm sorry your dog beat you up. :sumo: try sumo next time :D
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 7th, 2006, 8:51 pm

Bees are not as complicated as you think. There are tricks to the trade, which being a newbie I do not know much of them yet, but likely there is a honeybee association near you and the old guys love to show off what they know! It isn't like dogs, the bees pretty much do their thing, you just maintain their home for them and such.

You planning to get out of the city anytime soon?

I took my bees out of the wall in our house last year, THAT was an expirience. I can post pics if you like of the comb in the wall.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 7th, 2006, 9:26 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:I can post pics if you like of the comb in the wall.

Yes yes please post!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SisMorphine » March 7th, 2006, 9:27 pm

And Charles, whenever I get a black eye or bruise or scratch on my face from Wally (he rabbit kicks me in the middle of the night since he enjoyed sleeping butt to face), I just tell people he hits me because he loves me :loveU:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 8th, 2006, 8:09 am

Youch that had to hurt! LOL just part of owning a happy bully. LOL Sometimes when I do recalls I want to just jump pout of the way because they build up way to much speed and I know my shins will suffer LOL
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 8th, 2006, 9:51 am

I will ask hubby to scan them tonight-and have him show me so I know what I am doing!

Of course in a week he will probably reconfigure the entire system and then I will have to learn all over again-damn engineers :rolleyes2:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Pitcrew » March 8th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Wow, how funny. I didnt think you could OWN these dogs without having one of those big muscle heads come up to say hi and catch you in the chops at least once. Its usually with your FIRST bully... if it hurts enough, you dont make the same mistake twice. Yea right!

My old guy Willie (r.i.p.), once at an agility trial, I gave him a low, sweeping hand signal to take a particular jump, but I bent over a little too far and as he jumped, his head and my chin met... you could hear it... my bottom teeth went thru my bottom lip and I unknowingly ran the rest of the course with blood dripping down my face.
Once he was doing zoomies in the yard and came straight at me... I turned to dodge and hope he would miss me, but he dodged at the same time and hit me square below the back of my knees. Both feet went straight up into the air and it must have been like a cartoon when I landed flat on my back laughing my head off.

Okay, different mistake. But I did see it coming... just not fast enough to avoid it. :oops: :oops: :D

Jen where are you from? I am not far from the finger lakes. I live in the country and I have always wanted to keep bees. Geez couldnt you just put a tap in the wall, like a maple tree, to collect the honey? LOL
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk