Off we go!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2007, 11:51 pm

We'll be up bright and early tomorrow to leave for the DSO in St. Johns, Michigan. We have two days of training, with open field time Friday night. Saturday and Sunday are trial days, with Riggs and Connor competing in beginner and intermediate. Connor might do advanced as well.

It's a training trial which creates a very unique environment for both the dog and the handler. No matter what happens, the trainers on the field make sure that your dog leaves a winner even if that means they stop the trial to re-arrange a senario or to have someone hold the leash or help get the dog past a "scarey" part of the senarios. Decoys work with whatever your dog needs, if the dog is new to bitework they might wear a sleeve or use a tug. You can physically out your dog if necessary or use toys or other aids. Of course, if you need that kind of help you lose points but that's how it goes.

I'll be shooting the trial again this year, so there will be plenty of pictures to share! Here are all of them from last year:
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/galleries/DSO/beginner/
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/galleries/DSO/intermediate
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/galleries/DSO/advanced

My DSO writeups:
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=88676
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=70626
(I never did the advanced. :oops: )

If you are within reasonable driving distance from the event I highly recommend you make the trip. Even if you're not into bitework you'll learn a lot watching and following the commentary and the judging.

More about the event:
http://www.ccdsa.info/dogsportsopen.html

Hope to see some of you there! (LIZ)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » August 16th, 2007, 12:07 am

Have fun, looking forward to seeing the pics!
Jenn
undecided

Postby maberi » August 16th, 2007, 6:58 am

Wow, this is awesome Michelle. I wish you, Demo, Connor and Riggs the best of luck. Have a great time and give em hell!!!!
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » August 16th, 2007, 7:08 am

Have a wonderful time!
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 16th, 2007, 8:30 am

Good luck. I will be calling you all weekend long to check in, so don't you worry about that ;)

Next year I'll rock the DSO with you . . . you know, once I have paid off the government. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ellie@ny » August 16th, 2007, 9:23 am

Good luck to both of you! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » August 16th, 2007, 12:49 pm

Best of luck to you guys!!! I so wish I lived closer - I would LOVE to see you all in action... but don't you worry - I will be cheering, regardless... :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » August 16th, 2007, 10:20 pm

GOOD LUCK!!! Have fun!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » August 18th, 2007, 11:41 pm

I talked to Michelle earlier and she and Demo are having a great time out in MI! They competed in beginner today and will be doing intermediate tomorrow. I can't WAIT to see pics and video.

So think good thoughts for them tomorrow!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby katiek0417 » August 19th, 2007, 7:23 pm

Any updates? I'm sending good thoughts their way!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby ellie@ny » August 20th, 2007, 7:40 am

On August 18 2007, SisMorphine wrote:I talked to Michelle earlier and she and Demo are having a great time out in MI! They competed in beginner today and will be doing intermediate tomorrow. I can't WAIT to see pics and video.

So think good thoughts for them tomorrow!

Wohooo!That's great!
Any news since then???
:bump:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 20th, 2007, 7:44 am

I was at a show last night so I didn't get to call them. Hopefully we'll hear back from them later today. They should be on their way home!
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » August 21st, 2007, 11:32 am

we got home last night and I totally crashed. I have over 1,000 pictures to go through so that will take a little time. We had a lot of fun and learned a lot!

The funniest story of the weekend happened this morning though... more on that later...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Sports