Hello

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby gooeydog » March 6th, 2006, 2:11 am

I already know many of you from other boards, but here's our intro anyway...

My name is Terri, and I live in MD. My two personal dogs are Goo- almost 13 yr old female pit bull, and Annie- newly turned 8 yr old Dachshund/demon spawn. I live with my parents, and we have several other dogs here as well.... Casey- my Dad's 8 y/o female Cocker Spaniel, Joey- my Mom's 7 y/o male Chi, and the other bully of the house, Haley- 5 y/o female pit bull.

Goo:

Haley:

Others

And one of the 3 non-bullies L-R: Joey, Annie (who really isn't that fat in real life!), Casey
gooeydog
Just Whelped

Postby CinderDee » March 6th, 2006, 2:45 am

Hey Goo!

Great to see you here! :D How's Haley doing?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Romanwild » March 6th, 2006, 8:48 am

Nice pics! I love old bullies!

We need more info on you though! What got you into the breed?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 6th, 2006, 9:09 am

welcome!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 6th, 2006, 10:01 am

Welcome! That's quite a crew you have!! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 6th, 2006, 11:08 am

Goo baby!!! Long time no see! Tell us a little more about your love of the breed & we will let you in. Glad to see you made it over!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » March 6th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Hi!!! I'm glad to see you here. I love your little landshark :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby gooeydog » March 6th, 2006, 7:44 pm

We need more info on you though! What got you into the breed?

Goo was abandoned (I guess that's what you'd call it, her owner landed himself in jail on drug charges while she was at the vets being treated for fight wounds, and didn't come back for her until 3 months after dropping her off) at the vet clinic my mom worked at, and my mom started bringing her home on weekends to see how she'd do in a home environment. The owner returned for her one weekend, and the vet who'd been treating her (and knew what bad shape she'd been in when she came in) called my mom and told her not to bring her back in. The official story was that she'd found a home, and she had, with us (it didn't help that she had- and still does have- some temperament issues that make her unsuitable for the casual or inexperienced home, though we manage her with little trouble). That was more or less it, as I think just about anyone who's had the experience of growing up with a pit bull becomes a pit bull person for life. We had a few bully houseguests come and go, but my Dad was adamant that there would be no more dogs after Goo, irregardless of how nice or charming they were. We ended up aquiring Casey (stray that followed me home), Annie (my aunt's dog, she neglected her), and Joey (another adoptable from the vet clinic) all within about a 6 month period in 2000-2001. That put us at 4 dogs, and we'd all decided that was the limit. Then, the friend of mine who'd adopted Haley (also from the vet clinic) neglected her to the point of near death, and she ended up here as a "temporary" charge as well. Of course, no one wants a 3 legged, diabetic, cat and dog eating pit bull (even if she does have the best personality ever), so it wasn't long before it was decided she'd be staying permanently.

How's Haley doing?

Fine. She's going to be a bit unhappy soon though, as I'm going to have to start putting her in the office a few nights a week. Since she decided Annie would make a tasty snack, I've crated Annie any night that Haley's slept in my room. Hale learned pretty quick that she was guaranteed to stay in if she was already in bed when I came in with Annie, and most nights she goes in at around midnight. I'm having longer than usual hours at work recently though (someone quit, so we're all working more than normal until they get someone else in), and I usually crate Annie while I'm at work on days that my nephews are around (2-3 days a week). I can't keep crating her for such long amounts of time though (6-8 hrs at work, then again at night, and she can't even have a blanket in her crate because she'll pee on it), so on days when I crate her, Haley's going to have to stay out so she can sleep loose in the room at night. I've shut her out of my room a few times in the past few weeks, and she'll come hopping out to me, doing her "extinct dinosaur" whine, sounding like she just might die if she doesn't get to sleep in the bed. She's still fat, and my mom refuses to cut her food any more. I took her in with me to get microchipped a couple weeks ago, and they were joking that the "whale" was getting harpooned :shock:
gooeydog
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 6th, 2006, 7:48 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby CinderDee » March 7th, 2006, 12:13 am

Since she decided Annie would make a tasty snack
She's still fat, and my mom refuses to cut her food any more. I took her in with me to get microchipped a couple weeks ago, and they were joking that the "whale" was getting harpooned

Oh Haley! :shake: Never a dull moment.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby annieinpa » March 7th, 2006, 12:36 am

Hello and Welcome Goo (I remember you from pbp).

Your dogs are all gorgeous. Very nice pics.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Introductions