cut above the eye

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Romanwild » March 6th, 2006, 11:10 pm

As some of you know I box and coach boxing. That means I get hit from time to time. No big deal.

20 some years ago my sparring partner was Welterweight Golden Glove champ of NYS. He made me see stars, once.

Since then no one was able to do that to me until.......Dreyfus. When wrestling with him he would rear his head back and hit me. I saw stars a few times.

Tonight I come home from the bulldoggers meeting and greet the dogs. I'm bending over petting Diamonds as Dsreyfus runs all over the house bouncing on the furniture and he does his 6 foot leap on to my chair....which I'm infront of.

He nails me above the eye while in mid air. It hurt like a mofo. As the sting subsided I thought I would have a black eye. So I go into the bathroom to check it out. The little bastard split me open above my eye. A nice even scalpel looking cut.

Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 6th, 2006, 11:15 pm

Your dog kicked your a$$. He he he hehe he
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » March 6th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Yes, he did.

After I got done nursing my wounds I check him. Nothing. Not even a scratch. :rolleyes2:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 6th, 2006, 11:18 pm

You may even have a shiner in the morning! Are you married? People are going to be asking if you need assistance with domestic violence!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Romanwild » March 6th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Single and loving it!

A few weeks ago I sparred for like 9 rounds. I was in with some big guys and it was their first sparring session so they didn't know how to hold back. I had 2 black eyes and people were horrified! It was actually kinda fun to go to the mall. :D

It might turn into a bruise. It's still throbbing. :)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Purple » March 6th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Dreyfus 1 Charles 0

Purple
I live here

Postby lluksa » March 6th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Oh, have I been there a time or two...Bubba has given me a fat lip on more than one occasion with his leaps of love :)
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 6th, 2006, 11:35 pm

Justice turned the nail on my big toe black once by launching off of it. she has hit me so hard in the back of my head with her tail it felt like someone hit me with a broom. Left a knot.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 6th, 2006, 11:37 pm

Actually my darling angel made my scalp bleed a couple nights ago - I was lying on the floor and she went into crazy mode (laps around the house) and launched off my noggin. Hurt like a be-otch!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Romanwild » March 6th, 2006, 11:37 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Justice turned the nail on my big toe black once by launching off of it. she has hit me so hard in the back of my head with her tail it felt like someone hit me with a broom. Left a knot.

:ROFL2:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Marinepits » March 6th, 2006, 11:43 pm

Sounds like Dreyfus is ready for the UFC! :D

Best one I remember is when my husband bent down to pull on his boots and Shorty jumped up to lick his nose -- she smacked heads with him so hard that the bridge of his nose split open. :box:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » March 6th, 2006, 11:58 pm

lets see, kiss-head-whacks, head butts while playing, knocked right off my feet from standing and over onto my back (multiple times, Oscar thinks its funny to run into people,(especially when they are facing the other way and their knees buckle) I have to warn people if they hang out with us while we're fetching, needless to say he does not try that to me anymore)

Mine, however, does his own damage to himself, just the other day he smacked his head of a corner of flashing on the side of a building, my bf and I were like "holy crap" of course, Oscar just kept going like nothing :|

silly animals

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ellie@ny » March 6th, 2006, 11:58 pm

I think he was just trying to do the Alpha-roll with you! :D

Go Dreyfus!!!! :stickDance:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 7th, 2006, 12:00 am

ellie@ny wrote:I think he was just trying to do the Alpha-roll with you! :D

Go Dreyfus!!!! :stickDance:

:backRoll: :backRoll: :backRoll:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 7th, 2006, 12:01 am

Fear his ninja skills!! :ninja:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby concreterose » March 7th, 2006, 12:05 am

I remember one day I came home from work and got down on the floor to wrestle with Pookie. She ran and got a bone and pranced on over to me with it, flung her head, the bone flew out her mouth and hit me in my glasses, which flew under the couch. I went under to get them, I guess she thought I was play bowing because she ran over to me, butted me under my chin tossing her head. I bit my tongue so hard everything got gray for a minute and I saw stars (I really did!) :o
Needless to say, I make Vicki sit when she greets me. One black out was enough to last me a lifetime.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby odnarb » March 7th, 2006, 12:15 am

Harry almost sent me to ER once, and *I* wasn't even playing with him!

I leaned over to pet Grant, when Harry raced across the room towards us. I didn't expect him to jump up on me, and as I stood up, his shoulder collided with the temporal area on my head, REALLY hard.

I blacked out for just a moment, and when I came to I was VERY nauseous. I had to sit down. My BF kept asking if I needed to go to the hospital, but I told him I was OK. It hurt to open my mouth for at least 4 days.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 7th, 2006, 10:53 am

:o

Too funny!

I keep bees, and I got stung above the eye last summer and my whole eye swelled up. People wouldn't talk to me at swim practice for the kids, and the bank lady looked at me sadly and gave my kids a huge handful of lollipops!
I told one guy "it is a bee sting" and he looked grateful and said he was afraid to ask! The funny thing is my husband will swerve for a butterfly, and takes spiders and ladybugs outside to release! He is a big mushhead!

As far as the dogs, Tallulah the Bull Terrier the first time she met Dave, my husband, jumped up to say hi and split his chin wide open! And he loved her anyways;-)
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 7th, 2006, 11:18 am

I got a pretty serious injury working a mastiff in November. I had a black eye, badly swollen cheek and my glasses were all bent. It is amazing the looks I got from people. First thing Monday, I went in to get my glasses fixed and no one would meet my eyes.

I went into a store and a guy asked me what happened and I said I was playing with a friend's dog, and he responded "sure you were". Why did he ask?

I used to get horrible bruises from rugby, my worst in the 10 years I played was a full cleat pattern on the inside of my left thigh. You could see all 6 studs and then they slid down my leg to the top of my knee. It was nasty. At the time I was working out at a gym daily with my bf. He didn't go with me one day and my bike shorts rode up a little and you could see most of the bruise/scrape. This HUGE guy walks up to me and says "Do you need help?" I looked at him and said "what?" (completely clueless to what he meant) and he looked at my leg, then at me and didn't say anything. I said "oh! no, that's from rugby!" and pulled my shorts down as far as they would go to cover it. He gave me 'that look' and walked away. Needless to say the bf got plenty of dirty looks for the next week or so.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby JCleve86 » March 7th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Well, I guess it's true than...pit bulls ARE vicious beasts who turn on their owners. :o

I don't have any great horror stories...just a few minor ones. In one, Molly jumped on the bed to wake me up in the morning and landed on my face. On my eye to be exact. She left a nasty claw mark across my eyebrow and eyelid. In another, I was wearing shorts, sitting on the couch getting Bosco all amped up and he jumped into my lap. I now have a lovely 3 inch scar across my inner thigh from his damned nail scratching the hell out of my leg.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk