Jaeger at Flyball training.

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Ultimatek9 » August 1st, 2007, 11:10 am

Here are a couple clips of Jaeger at Flyball training. These were taken during his 5th week of training.
There are five clips in this video:
#1 and #2 are charging recalls/passing - here we working on getting the dogs to charge down the lane over the hurdles and to get them use to pass another dog at the start and end of their run
#3 and #4 are box work - here we work on getting the dogs to "hit" the box, catch the ball on the turn, and push off with their hind feet
#5 the whole thing put together - Jaeger had a moment of brain fog and forgot what to do once he got the ball, and I don't think he liked having the cone in the way either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9N1UZvPA0E

I am hoping to have him ready to compete with his team within the next couple of months. So far I haven't seen any other APBTs racing, at least not around here. BTW, he has the third fastest time on his team, but I think that will improve as he gets the hang of it.

Thanks for checking out my little superpit.
Carla Ann
UWP UAGI Medwin Jaeger Von Deuce CGC TT TD SD HIC FD FDX FDCH FDCH-S FDCH-G WP3
UWP CH Lil Bit O' Hennessy CGC TT TD FD FDX FDCH WP3 TDA(3x)
CH 'PR' Diablo Bullys Patron On The Rocks CGC TT TD
Bullocks Mak'n U Green With Envy
Diablos My Time To Shine
Ultimatek9
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby brooksybrooks1 » August 1st, 2007, 2:48 pm

you do bitework with jaeger too, right? he's probably one happy and busy dog!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 1st, 2007, 2:53 pm

He is amazing. Thanks for explaining what was happening in each run. :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 1st, 2007, 4:12 pm

How fun! I miss doing flyball. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmypitties » August 1st, 2007, 6:48 pm

Thats so cool! I would love to do that with my dog... but Roscoe has trouble thinking on his own. Oh wait that is thinking in general...lol
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Ultimatek9 » August 2nd, 2007, 12:07 pm

On August 01 2007, 1:48 PM, brooksybrooks1 wrote:you do bitework with jaeger too, right? he's probably one happy and busy dog!

Yes, Jaeger is in personal protection training. We recently switched him from arm bites to leg bites.
He also does conformation, agility, obedience, weight pulling, and is a therapy dog. I am hoping to go for his UKC AG I and CD titles in the next couple of months.
Carla Ann
Diablos My Time To Shine
Ultimatek9
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby brooksybrooks1 » August 2nd, 2007, 5:44 pm

whoa...where do you find the time?!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 4th, 2007, 12:41 pm

What a busy guy! That is too cool!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » August 12th, 2007, 9:03 am

Great videos...you're in FL, do you ever come up to NC or SC to compete? (or does your team...I know you're not competing yet).

Our team is based in MD, and we travel to NC quite a bit...and have done at least one SC tourney. We usually travel south in the fall/winter...and in summer we go to New England. ;)

Score's in training, and being a pup, he won't be competing until he's a year old (next Spring), but the rest of the gang competes (except for retired Ripley).
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Ultimatek9 » August 12th, 2007, 2:58 pm

On August 12 2007, 8:03 AM, TheRedQueen wrote:Great videos...you're in FL, do you ever come up to NC or SC to compete? (or does your team...I know you're not competing yet).

Our team is based in MD, and we travel to NC quite a bit...and have done at least one SC tourney. We usually travel south in the fall/winter...and in summer we go to New England. ;)

Score's in training, and being a pup, he won't be competing until he's a year old (next Spring), but the rest of the gang competes (except for retired Ripley).

I think the team is still competing locally (within Florida). They were just formed this year, and I don't think they have competed too many times yet.
Carla Ann
Diablos My Time To Shine
Ultimatek9
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » August 12th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Well if you ever make it up that way...let me know! Maybe by then, Score will be racing! Though we do have one AmStaff on our team too!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Sports