Riggs

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2006, 3:41 pm

Some pictures from training today....

Taking a bite on Demo, yes, he is biting where it looks like he is biting.

Gimme that tug

My attempts at getting him to free stack. I tried to 'pose' him, but that was an exercise in futility. That tail never stops moving either.

Gettin' some sugar.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby odnarb » March 5th, 2006, 4:02 pm

He's cute! I think he will do well in UKC for sure, and he's probably finishable in AKC, too.

Hopefully you will be able to get the saliva staining off of him, and keep him occupied enough to keep him from chewing his feet now. Or, get his allergies under control, whichever is causing it. I suspect boredom.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Actually, Riggs was living in an indoor/outdoor kennel and the redness on his feet is pretty much the equivilent of chapped hands. He does not lack exercise or stimulation and I have seen no indication of him chewing his feet. Thanks for the concern.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » March 5th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Great pics! IMO he will do well in UKC,but he's not enough FAT for AKC... :) wich is good....Love his ears btw!!! :D
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 5th, 2006, 4:35 pm

That's the look I like! He's awesome looking. Can't wait to meet him in person! :)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 5th, 2006, 4:39 pm

he is really gorgeous michelle.. i know you will do great things with him!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 5th, 2006, 4:45 pm

WOW!! :o
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Karen » March 5th, 2006, 4:53 pm

For stacking help try getting 4 large coffee cans and putting plywood top and bottom, like a smosre. Place each foot on a different can and start teaching him to hold the stack with either stand, stack, or some other signal. The cans let you put each foot where they need to be and FYI most judges UKC frown on bait. Best not to start using it.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2006, 5:03 pm

I'm confused.... do you have the dog stand on the cans, or are the cans just to help you with where to place the feet?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » March 5th, 2006, 5:06 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:WOW!! :o

:fastRoll:

yeah, just a 'little' muscle on him. I love how his back looks in the one where he's standing up. We should call him Ah-nold.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Karen » March 5th, 2006, 5:09 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm confused.... do you have the dog stand on the cans, or are the cans just to help you with where to place the feet?

You place the cans where the dog's stacked feet need to be then put him one foot at a time up on the cans. When stacking his front legs grasp at the elbow instead of by the wrist. That keeps his leg stiff and lets you place the paw without the limp wrist thing going on.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby odnarb » March 5th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Karen wrote:You place the cans where the dog's stacked feet need to be then put him one foot at a time up on the cans. When stacking his front legs grasp at the elbow instead of by the wrist. That keeps his leg stiff and lets you place the paw without the limp wrist thing going on.

Easier said than done. I had cans shooting all over the place last time I tried this method Image
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Karen » March 5th, 2006, 5:15 pm

odnarb wrote:
Karen wrote:You place the cans where the dog's stacked feet need to be then put him one foot at a time up on the cans. When stacking his front legs grasp at the elbow instead of by the wrist. That keeps his leg stiff and lets you place the paw without the limp wrist thing going on.

Easier said than done. I had cans shooting all over the place last time I tried this method Image

Your plywood bases weren't big enough then. I will be a lady and refrain from commenting on any lack of eye/hand co-ordination that may have contributed to it :thbbbbt:
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby ellie@ny » March 5th, 2006, 5:20 pm

I think someone who just learning how to stack a dog it's way too early....
I still think a conf. class would be the best for both of you! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Karen » March 5th, 2006, 5:21 pm

ellie@ny wrote:I think someone who just learning how to stack a dog it's way too early....
I still think a conf. class would be the best for both of you! :)

Yeah but Riggs has been shown/stacked before. He's pushing her buttons. The cans are for her to get the visual as to where each leg needs to be.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 5th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Riggs is one powerful looking dog -- very nice!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmyangels » March 5th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Awesome pics!! He is stunning. Best of luck with him.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » March 5th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Jiminey Cricket....look at those muscles!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby bahamutt99 » March 5th, 2006, 8:02 pm

That's a hot dawgie. I wouldn't want to be wearing that suit. This might have been answered elsewhere, but aside from conformation and bitework, any other sports you plan on doing with him?
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Chris Fraize » March 5th, 2006, 8:17 pm

Karen,

Riggs has been shown and NEVER stacked they proper way. He is not pushing her buttons he just doesn't understand what she wants. Though we have bred and finished Grand Champions, we do not put much into conformation competitions.

You could easily put the dog in avoidance of the stand and coffee cans if you do it wrong. This would make his obedience and personal protection work much more difficult.

You write as if you know the dog. Have you ever met Riggs?

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Next

Return to Gallery and Cinema