My son's new career

Postby amazincc » July 26th, 2007, 8:48 am

On July 26 2007, 7:40 AM, iluvk9 wrote:
Thank you, Christine! I had to wait till he resigned from NYPD academy and signed for FDNY. Another long story.

Oh, DO tell... :popcorn2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2007, 9:07 am

Well, now I can.... :)

He always wanted to be a Firefighter. And he is a damn good one at our local FD. :) He made Lutenient, brings the First Responder vehicle home, is sent on all the out of state training seminars and while he was in SUNY Binghamton (5 hours away) still managed to be "Volunteer FF of the Year" for his dedication.

Anyway, he took the test 3 years ago and like everyone else, just had to wait till they started hiring from that test list.

In the meantime, he worked as an EMT at SUNY Stony Brook Hospital. He started taking police tests, EMT tests, FD tests. Ironically, he got called for NYPD about 4 months after he took the test, as they need officers. SADLY, he started his first day at the academy the day NYPD Officer Russel Timoshenko (RIP) was shot. Yes, I was hysterical for days.

So, when his dream job on FDNY came through, he had to follow protocol and resign from NYPD first. I can't tell you how happy I am that he achieved one of his life goals.

Yes, I am very proud of him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 26th, 2007, 9:22 am

How wonderful that he already knows what he wants to do w/his life... I bet you're proud... you should be! :highfive: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2007, 9:25 am

Thank you, I really am. I raised him as a single parent when he was 3 years old and I never had one day of problems from him. He is truly the nicest young man.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 26th, 2007, 9:32 am

Hey... cheers to all us single Moms who managed to raise some decent people by ourselves... :beerChug:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2007, 9:34 am

:cheer:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » July 26th, 2007, 11:15 am

On July 25 2007, 11:36 PM, SisMorphine wrote:
On July 25 2007, 4:34 PM, luvmypitties wrote:Ok Cheeky's daughter wins! I dont want that little thing after me!

I'm up for fighting it off. I deal with an angry Pomeranian at work everyday (my co-worker's dog). That's nothin'!!

You BETTER be afraid!! She isn't just a pom! She is a pom/spitz who thinks she is as big as a pit bull & THAT pic is her smiling. You better be REAL afraid.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » July 26th, 2007, 11:24 am

Personally, I am more afraid of you. :lookaround:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby CinderDee » July 27th, 2007, 12:32 am

Congrats, Joyce! He sounds like an amazing guy!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2007, 7:14 am

On July 26 2007, CinderDee wrote:Congrats, Joyce! He sounds like an amazing guy!

Thank you!

I just learned (from the FD forums that I browse) that they all shave their heads. His hair is short anyway, but I find it funny for some reason. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 27th, 2007, 5:57 pm

You MUST have a couple of smileys for him! :D

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » July 27th, 2007, 6:11 pm

And my favorite... got this one off a pair of boxers... :)

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2007, 6:23 pm

LMAO!!!! I am going to make that last one my avatar. THANKS!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 27th, 2007, 6:25 pm

Okay... I'm done now... :oops: :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 27th, 2007, 6:27 pm

On July 27 2007, iluvk9 wrote:LMAO!!!! I am going to make that last one my avatar. THANKS!!

If I knew how, of course...
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 27th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Right-click on the picture, a window should pop up... click on "save as..." and save to your computer... then go to your personal info/page/whatever... click on the "browse" button, click on the pic and upload... :)

It's already sized for an avatar, since I had a feeling that you would like that one... :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » July 27th, 2007, 7:50 pm

This one should fit... Image
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Judy » July 27th, 2007, 11:46 pm

On July 26 2007, iluvk9 wrote:Thank you, I really am. I raised him as a single parent when he was 3 years old and I never had one day of problems from him. He is truly the nicest young man.

Ummmm how did he grow up to be a big strong boy on your (ahem) cooking? :giggle:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » July 28th, 2007, 9:28 am

LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » July 28th, 2007, 9:48 am

On July 27 2007, Judy wrote:Ummmm how did he grow up to be a big strong boy on your (ahem) cooking? :giggle:

Funny, Judy!!! I can tell you why he wanted to be a Firefighter: When he was little, I tried to make chicken in the oven with butter all over it. We had the FD there 3 times in one year. Once, my curtains caught on fire somehow from the chicken. :|

Whenever we were in the supermarket and near the poultry, he would start yelling, "No Mommy! NOT THE CHICKEN!!!"
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Two Legged Family Members