Very sweet brindle boy in Bridgeport, CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 5th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Met this EXTREMELY sweet boy yesterday....he is a gorgeous brindle. He was giving my girl kisses, he LOVED her. Too bad the feeling wasn't mutual or else I would've taken him home in a minute. Give this sweetie a look!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5850543
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 5th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Look at those jowels! Such a handsome boy.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 5th, 2006, 12:19 pm

Lys I think Romeo wants to give Wally kisses. :love3: And, 'shock' his foster mom actually has a clue about pitbulls and dog behavior! Amazing!! :o
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 5th, 2006, 12:42 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:Lys I think Romeo wants to give Wally kisses. :love3: And, 'shock' his foster mom actually has a clue about pitbulls and dog behavior! Amazing!! :o

Whooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! People in pit bull rescue actually KNOWING about pit bull behavior? I had no idea. :rolleyes2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Sue » March 5th, 2006, 12:55 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
SpiritFngrz wrote:Lys I think Romeo wants to give Wally kisses. :love3: And, 'shock' his foster mom actually has a clue about pitbulls and dog behavior! Amazing!! :o

Whooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! People in pit bull rescue actually KNOWING about pit bull behavior? I had no idea. :rolleyes2:

Impossible!!! Oh wait... are we talking about someone who is actually doing it for the dogs?? That's a different story!

What were you doing all the way down here? Looking for a boyfriend for Satin :) Romeo is a handsome little man :D
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 6th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Yep....we saw a couple possible candidates down there, and we made the trip with her, so she could she who she liked. We met a lot of really nice dogs...Romeo was awesome, I would've taken him home in a heartbeat. He loved her. She didn't return the love. She wasn't being very nice, but we thought about it more, and we think she may not have liked the "smell" of the other dogs. She was just not herself and we think she was freaked out because she smelled "pound" and thought we were going to leave her there. When we got home she was so cuddly, like she was thinking :I thought you were going to leave me!!"
She just wasn't herself, usually with other dogs, she play bows, wags, and jumps. She wanted to have nothing to do with those pups....too bad, they were so sweet :cry:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 6th, 2006, 2:20 pm

We might have to go about this a different way because dogs in the neighborhood she is just fine with. There is a young, goofy Golden retriever girl that she just loves. I think the pound smell just freaked her out.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Sue » March 6th, 2006, 2:27 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:We might have to go about this a different way because dogs in the neighborhood she is just fine with. There is a young, goofy Golden retriever girl that she just loves. I think the pound smell just freaked her out.

A fostered dog may be better.... one that's in a home.
Sue
Bull Meister

Return to Rescue