Weightpullers

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby chance's mom » February 27th, 2006, 7:44 pm

aww i would love to get chance into this, but i dont know where to begin on any of this, and all you guys are so far away!! one day. you wait, just one day you will see chance out there, ok well maybe if i find someone out here to help me along! hehehehe
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 27th, 2006, 8:34 pm

I have a bunch of ways to train saved on my computer. I can e-mail them to you if you want.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby bahamutt99 » February 27th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Puller here. I pull with Loki and am trying to get Jedi into it. (He aint going for it so far.)
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby chance's mom » February 27th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Romanwild wrote:I have a bunch of ways to train saved on my computer. I can e-mail them to you if you want.

thanks i would appretiate it if you are sure you dont mind. pm me and i can send you my email.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » February 27th, 2006, 10:19 pm

It's on it's way CM!

By the way everyone. Do not order from Bulldog Construction. I sent him $100 7 months ago. Nothing. I won't even go into the whole time line but I got the run around. I have talked to some others who know him and I am not alone. I will be in contact with the Oklahoma Attorney General.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby rottgrl » February 28th, 2006, 11:03 am

Romanwild.....would you mind sending me the info on getting started? My e-mail is rottgrl@yahoo.com.

Although Red is very young, I would like to someday pull with her, and I think that knowing how to train, one can start with some very basicthings....even just wearing the harness...although she will already be doing that this spring when we start tracking.

Thanks in advance!
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby pitmom2104 » February 28th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Romanwild wrote:My club will be adding to more to the New York region this year. :D

I would love to attend some pulls is there a site I can check for dates?
pitmom2104
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » February 28th, 2006, 5:07 pm

http://www.iwpa.net/

There are others but this is the one I will be using since they have the most pulls near me.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » February 28th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Basic Question here.

Is there a weight difference if you have a drag weight sled compared to a wheeled weight sled?

I was never any good in physics, but to me it would seem that if it was wheeled, it would be slightly easier to pull.

Anyone?

I'm going to weld a wheeled for Weda, but if there is a difference, I'd like to know so that I can adjust my weight schedule and calculations for effective training.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 28th, 2006, 5:48 pm

weld a wheeled for Weda

Say THAT 5 times real fast! :o
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 4th, 2006, 11:37 pm

I have a harness for Tallulah the bull terrier, and will be getting one for Tess. Tallulah understands PULL but she has not had consistant training to any weight. We will be doing it with both of them, just need to get off my duff and start.

Jen
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 9th, 2006, 9:19 am

Big_Ant wrote:Basic Question here.

Is there a weight difference if you have a drag weight sled compared to a wheeled weight sled?

I was never any good in physics, but to me it would seem that if it was wheeled, it would be slightly easier to pull.

Anyone?

I'm going to weld a wheeled for Weda, but if there is a difference, I'd like to know so that I can adjust my weight schedule and calculations for effective training.

- Anthony

Oops! I missed this!

Yes, there is a difference.

Pulling in snow, which is like a drag sled produces the lowest weight pulled. Then comes the wheeled. If you make the platform as big as possible then put large wheels on the outside of that you will maximize the weight pulled. Rails produce the largest weights pulled.

If your practicing I would use a drag sled. You don't need wheels because you should pull them on the grass or dirt. Pavement and concrete is too tough on them unless you have carpet.

Since you know how to weld I would fashion something like this.

http://www.jumpusa.com/powersledmenu.htm
Romanwild
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 9th, 2006, 9:58 am

I use a plastic kids sled. I drilled a hole in the bottom center of the sled, and four screw holes. I screwed a flange onto the bottom, with a pipe coming up through the center hole, about 6 inches long. I slide weightlifting weights over the pipe, they are labeled so I know exactly how much weight is on there, and the pipe keeps them from sliding around. You could add another flange and pipe for more weight. I have a little bull terrier, so the weight isn't all that much-around 100 lbs so far), but it is a good beginner training sled and it is cheap-less than $20, not including the weights.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 9th, 2006, 10:48 am

You don't have to spend much for a drag sled that's for sure.

I only suggested that to Anthony because he knows how to weld. If I knew how I would make something like that!

I have a snowmobile sled. FREE!

A old tire is cool too. Chains, window weights, etc.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 9th, 2006, 2:04 pm

If I could weld I would make one like that too-it looks awesome. Long term and on heavier weights mine will not hold up.

I was tempted to take the dogs to a tractor pull this fall-thought it would make a cool demo, and maybe run the dogs against the small kids tractors-usually tricked out lawn mower types!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » March 10th, 2006, 4:37 am

I have a friend who makes drag sleds for $75 plus shipping. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 10th, 2006, 8:34 am

I was going to use the tire design.

Drill a hole through the tread ands bolt a large eye bolt through to hook your line to. Cut a board to sit inside. You can set weight on the inside. Or ifs syou want to use weight plates attach a pipe, plastic or metal, with a flange. This will hold the weight plates.
Romanwild
I live here

Previous

Return to Sports