Police Dog Live Bite

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby DemoDick » July 23rd, 2007, 1:07 am

When the police send a dog on you, it's usually a good idea to just give up. However, this guy takes it a little too far and surrenders all the way to the pavement, where the dog proceeds to give him road rash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blwpw22V ... ed&search=

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Malli » July 23rd, 2007, 1:16 am

I'm guessing police dogs aren't trained the same as most dog sports do where the dog only bites if there is a fight?
Or perhaps the stimulus was too much with all the noise and people?

I kind of feel bad for the guy, he did everything he could not to fight the dog and it still bit :lol3:

I suppose they don't worry so much about outing and bark and holds with the K9's...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby DemoDick » July 23rd, 2007, 2:11 am

On July 23 2007, 01:16, Malli wrote:I'm guessing police dogs aren't trained the same as most dog sports do where the dog only bites if there is a fight?
Or perhaps the stimulus was too much with all the noise and people?

A Patrol dog that won't bite a quiet, passive decoy is a liability. Bite means bite.

I kind of feel bad for the guy, he did everything he could not to fight the dog and it still bit :lol3:[/i]

No he didn't. He took a bean bag round to the gut and got even more belligerent.

I suppose they don't worry so much about outing and bark and holds with the K9's...

Not as much as sportfolks do.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby Malli » July 23rd, 2007, 2:17 am

but it didn't seem like he was struggling :| thats what I meant

Or perhaps I missed it...

I guess its not like he didn't deserve it, what with bean bags, tear gas etc he must've done something pretty bad...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 23rd, 2007, 8:07 am

Oh I bet that guys arm was a mess after that! That dog was dragging him all over!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 23rd, 2007, 10:10 am

Demo Dick:

Was the dog biting his clothes or are they trained to actually grab flesh?

Do police dogs obey the command "release"? Did the trainer not say it or not want the dog to release?

I thought that was a great video and so were the others on that web page. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » July 23rd, 2007, 10:57 am

whoa....i can't even imagine! that's awesome, bean bags couldn't get him, tear gas couldn't get him, but the dog brought him to his knees! or back, more accurately, all over the place! man, he must have been on some sort of drugs to take that shot to the stomach so well. it's kinda funny in a really horrible way how they all just stand around him while the dog drags this guy around.
i'm sure he didn't have him by the clothes, considering how much he was able to drag him, and how the guy was screaming!
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » July 23rd, 2007, 11:51 am

There are several things on the top of my "I Never Want To Experience List". Being taken down by a police dog is one of them.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby DemoDick » July 23rd, 2007, 12:56 pm

The way they are surrounding him is probaby a taught technique. I could see the point in completely restraining him and the dog before the dog was outed so that he wouldn't fire back up and get bit again, possibly somewhere much more dangerous like the face or neck.

Video is extremely deceptive in what it shows. What looks clear cut often isn't and a different angle can show a radically different event.

Was the dog biting his clothes or are they trained to actually grab flesh?

Flesh. Clothes can be quickly shed allowing the bad guy to get away. That's a very good argument for teaching a deep, full bite, so that the dog actually grabs part of the suspect and not his winter jacket.

Do police dogs obey the command "release"? Did the trainer not say it or not want the dog to release?

It depends on the agency whether or not the out command is used on the street and how it is done. Some departments have stopped using it altogether due to liability. If the officer is telling the dog to out and the dog doesn't, the dog is disobeying and any injury sustained from that point on could potentially be be used against them. Instead many agencies simply lift the dog off the bite.

Watch the video again. In the beginning, the suspect is holding some kind of yellow cloth (maybe a raincoat?) in a manner consistent with someone hiding a hand-held weapon. The streets appear to be blocked off by police cars and tape (though that might just be construction). It looks to me like a standoff with a potentially armed suspect who is hiding his "weapon" under that raincoat. After the cloth is blown out of his hands (my guess is with a bean bag round) there is clearly something in his right hand. He then throws the object at the police and when they see his hands are now empty they move in for an arrest. Pay attention to how the officers approach the suspect. The cautiously "step and drag" (a kind of fighting stance) towards him and use riot shields to approach his feet and torso. This guy has definitely gotten the agencies attention with whatever he did. At the end of the video the handler either outs the dog verbally or physically, but not until he is completely surrounded by officers who are immobilizing him onto the ground with a riot shield.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby doberkim » July 24th, 2007, 10:03 pm

if you read the description with the video, it says he was threatening everyone with a pipe bomb...
ARCH Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CD RN RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC (2/3 CD-H, 1/3 D-CD, 6/10 RL1X, 5/10 RL2X)
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, RN PTT CGC
http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
doberkim
Just Whelped

Postby luvmypitties » July 24th, 2007, 11:56 pm

On July 24 2007, 9:03 PM, doberkim wrote:if you read the description with the video, it says he was threatening everyone with a pipe bomb...

Wow if only we had thought to read the description we might know...lol. Thanks!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Return to Sports