Has anyone tried a QuickFinder?

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby 5dognight » July 23rd, 2007, 1:00 am

I bought a new nail clipper today but before I open it, I wanted to know if anyone had tried it. It is called a QuickFinder. I got it at Petco and it has a battery operated sensor that is supposed to detect the quick (it gives you a red, yellow or green light). Both of my black labs HATE getting their nails cut so they are always trying to get away and they have black nails which makes it really hard to tell. I'm willing to spend the bucks if it works but I'll take it back if it doesn't.
5dognight
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » July 23rd, 2007, 1:30 am

I haven't but we NEED ONE! We have 4 or 5 here w/black nails and a fear of clippers too!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 23rd, 2007, 10:28 am

Never heard of it, but I will get it if it works. How is it supposed to detect the quick? :?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby 5dognight » July 23rd, 2007, 12:24 pm

This is what the description said: "The patented design utilizes sensor technology to detect nail differences between the live blood of your pet's quick, and the dead skin of the nail and claw."

It's also supposed to be for dogs up to 75 lbs and both of my black nailed dogs are over that but maybe there's no sensor for weight. :) The medium size one will be out in August and it sounds like they will have a small/cat one, also. Some one-line testimonials I read just rave but there was also a long review on Petsmart that said they were crap, didn't work on her 50lb dog, the blade is dull and can't be replaced or sharpened and she's taking it back. So.....I'm hoping to hear from someone on here that has tried it, good or bad.
5dognight
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » July 23rd, 2007, 12:32 pm

Well at least they'll take it back...if it doesn't work, right...??? :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Marketplace