PSA Level 3 Vids

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby katiek0417 » July 17th, 2007, 4:19 pm

Okay, so it took me over a month...sorry...but, as promised, I am posting the Level 3 videos with TJ and I (oh, and keep in mind that this is a 10-year old dog)....

Saturday (we didn't do so well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJhFjj8yebQ

That was obedience, this next one is protection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQiEtEK83I

Now, Sunday: we passed obedience, but missed passing protection b/c he didn't call off at the end (after the muzzle attack):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGu3u84C478

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Myu25k61A
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » July 17th, 2007, 5:23 pm

I just have to add that I love how he's got that crazy low-loose golden retriever/lab tail wag going on almost all of the time :)

I don't recall hearing you mention TJ except in the last little while? Is he "new" or have you had him his whole life?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby DemoDick » July 17th, 2007, 8:58 pm

You forgot the exercise where the dog completes and files a tax return while reciting Act I of Hamlet in morse code with his barks.

PSA 3 is ri-goddamn-diculous. Kudos for even attempting it.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 17th, 2007, 10:26 pm

TJ looked pretty darn obedient to me! :shock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » July 18th, 2007, 2:26 am

Wow... compared to how Mick would behave - you have a regular Emil(y) Post on your hands! I'm jealous... :o
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » July 18th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Thanks everyone....

And, Demo, that scenario is the one they'll be using at Nationals!!! Trust me, when Rick took me through the obedience scenario on Sunday, I was nearly in tears....I kept thinking that there was no way that TJ could pass that....sadly, because I was more relaxed, he did better (see, everyone, it's not just the leash which is an umbilical...dogs, leash or no leash, are master readers of body language)....

Malli, TJ actually belongs to my friend Dallas. However, he has been living with me since shortly before the east coast trial season began (mid-may)...TJ has a long history. Joe Morris (co-founder of PSA) owned a dog by name of Tagor, it was his favorite dog ever, and probably his best dog ever (and he still has a reputation despite being dead for 8 years - he died when he was 4). TJ stands for Tagor, Jr...he is a product of the only time Tagor sired a litter....He was originally sold to a pet home (because he didn't show the drive to work). Well, it turned out he was a late bloomer - like most people, the owners had him neutered, thinking it would "fix" him (pardon the pun). And, like most people, the owners found out it didn't help. So, they returned him to Joe. Joe then sold him to a guy by the name of Sammy. Sammy did all his foundation obedience and bitework (starting at a year old) with Joe's help. Sammy decided he didn't have time for dogs, so he gave him back to Joe, who then passed TJ on to his brother. TJ became a pet, but "came off the couch" 4 times; he titled each and every time he was shown. At the time, a dog had to be shown AT LEAST 4 times to achieve a PSA 2 title (once for the 1 Novice, once for the 1 Open, and twice for the 2). I'm pretty sure that, to this day, he is the only dog to have achieved that in 4 tries. Greg was the one who put the Level 2 title on him on 2/2/2002.

Well, Joe's brother decided he didn't want TJ anymore, so Joe gave the dog to his girlfriend, Dallas. He has been with Dallas for 3 years. Last year, Dallas asked Greg to train him up for the 3's. Unfortunately, he has little time because of his own dogs...well, I don't have dogs old enough to compete yet, so I asked if anyone would mind if I got him ready for, and showed him in the 3's. Everyone agreed it was a great idea...

So, TJ is just a borrowed dog...he'll go back to Dallas after the trial season (though giving him back will be one of the hardest things I'll ever do)...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » July 18th, 2007, 9:47 pm

poor TJ :( It seems he hasn't let it get him down, though?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » July 19th, 2007, 3:04 pm

He's a GOOD boy! :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby katiek0417 » July 19th, 2007, 3:43 pm

On July 18 2007, 8:47 PM, Malli wrote:poor TJ :( It seems he hasn't let it get him down, though?

Don't let him fool you, Malli...he's got the sad puppy look down to a science, but I can promise you this dog has got a great life!!!

He's a GOOD boy!

You obviously didn't hear that at the last trial (2 weeks ago) he bit in obedience...they tend to frown upon that (well, when it's not in the scenario, that is, which it wasn't, apparently he didn't get that memo)...good my a$$!!!

J/K...he's a great dog!!! I'm just a little bitter :|

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » July 19th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Oooops. LOL
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » July 19th, 2007, 10:36 pm

On July 19 2007, katiek0417 wrote:
On July 18 2007, 8:47 PM, Malli wrote:poor TJ :( It seems he hasn't let it get him down, though?

Don't let him fool you, Malli...he's got the sad puppy look down to a science, but I can promise you this dog has got a great life!!!

He's a GOOD boy!

You obviously didn't hear that at the last trial (2 weeks ago) he bit in obedience...they tend to frown upon that (well, when it's not in the scenario, that is, which it wasn't, apparently he didn't get that memo)...good my a$$!!!

What? :| He just cut to the end! :lol3:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » July 20th, 2007, 6:19 pm

On July 19 2007, 9:36 PM, Malli wrote:
On July 19 2007, katiek0417 wrote:

He's a GOOD boy!

What? :| He just cut to the end! :lol3:

Cutting to the end doesn't get a title :wink:

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy