big dangerous, unpredictable protection dog

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby brooksybrooks1 » July 18th, 2007, 1:15 pm

This was taken in the middle of one of tre's protection training sessions. The guy petting him is his decoy, who just gave him a bite. i think i have another one of these somewhere, ill try to find it and put it up. proof that protection dogs can discern between a threat and not a threat and are safe!

brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » July 18th, 2007, 3:23 pm

I think that is very good evidence that protection dogs are not time bombs...we have several dogs here who can do bitework, then immediately be loved on by the decoy, a child, whomever....

Good post!! And a great way to disprove one of the myths about personal protection training!!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby brooksybrooks1 » July 18th, 2007, 4:35 pm

also proof that a good protection dog won't hold a grudge, but won't hesitate to bite someone they know well or are used to or like if they are doing something to earn it.
i think i remember a post of a person saying that they were attacked by a friend and their dog, being used to that person, didn't do anything about it. tre and sean are the best of friends, and tre would not hesitate for a minute if sean were ever to attack me, nor would he have any trouble "forgiving" him after the threat had ended. i like that about him.
brooksybrooks1
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » July 18th, 2007, 6:17 pm

On July 18 2007, 3:35 PM, brooksybrooks1 wrote:also proof that a good protection dog won't hold a grudge, but won't hesitate to bite someone they know well or are used to or like if they are doing something to earn it.
i think i remember a post of a person saying that they were attacked by a friend and their dog, being used to that person, didn't do anything about it. tre and sean are the best of friends, and tre would not hesitate for a minute if sean were ever to attack me, nor would he have any trouble "forgiving" him after the threat had ended. i like that about him.

Asja and Jue wouldn't hesitate to bite Greg....and he has even had me send them on him before....so that they know to take that command from me...

Nisha WILL bite Greg, but being so young, she has had a hard time being okay with biting daddy....but, Greg said a big part of that problem is that he corrects her and does obedience with her, so it's very common that she would have some issue with it....

But overall, it's very important for a PP dog to take that command, no matter what the situation and who it involves (as long as its owner is giving the command)...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Sports