wish me luck

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Maryellen » March 3rd, 2006, 8:07 pm

rufus and i are training to be disaster relief therapy partners.. i have to take a test with the red cross, and then send in my results, and then take a handler/dog test for the emergency response team that my therapy group has going.. i dont know when the handler/dog test will be, hopefully in a month or so..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 3rd, 2006, 8:10 pm

You guys will do wonderfully MaryEllen!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 3rd, 2006, 8:11 pm

i hope so. i have to pass the red cross test first, then if i do we do the other test, it will just be to go out and give pet therapy relief at disaster sites..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby CinderDee » March 3rd, 2006, 8:16 pm

That's wonderful, ME! Best of luck! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jesseca » March 3rd, 2006, 8:27 pm

That's great. I'm sure you and Rufus will pass with flying colors. Good luck.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby lluksa » March 3rd, 2006, 8:50 pm

Best of luck to you and Rufus!
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » March 3rd, 2006, 9:20 pm

Wow, that's awesome! Good luck!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby ellie@ny » March 3rd, 2006, 10:16 pm

Woohoo!Good luck guys! :helloClap:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 3rd, 2006, 10:30 pm

cool!

How'd you get involved with this? Is it something that only some Red Cross chapters has?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » March 3rd, 2006, 10:35 pm

i found out that bright and beautiful therapy group is the first group to have this in effect, i missed the last test 2 weeks ago as i just found out about it, so i contacted the therapy group and the woman told me to take the test on the red cross site, and send her the results.. i would ask your therapy group michelle if they have it or want it, they are the ones to do it , and test the handlers/dogs.. if they are interested, they form their own group of disaster handlers and dogs.. if we pass, and a disaster strikes, we take a train to whereever they tell us and give pet therapy to the people that come into the shelters..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 3rd, 2006, 11:05 pm

That is too cool!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » March 3rd, 2006, 11:16 pm

Very cool! Good luck to you!! I'm sure you'll be A-OK!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 4th, 2006, 3:10 am

Good luck good luck! You guys are going to rock it :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Emi » March 4th, 2006, 3:26 am

Good luck to ya'll .. :)
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 4th, 2006, 8:40 am

AWESOME! GOOD LUCK. What does the test involve?
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » March 4th, 2006, 9:12 am

well, i took the test online this morning with the red cross. and i passed.. whew... i had to print out the results, and i notified the B&B woman who is doing this that i passed and printed out the results. now i wait for the handler/dog test.
therese, you go online to the red cross, and take the disaster training course. when you are done, you print out the results and notify bright and beautiful if you want to join.. i had to learn about what they do first, how they organize a shelter area, etc.. stuff like that.. next test is me and rufus have to do a training test somewhere.i dont know what that part entails, only that the dog must be able to work with other dogs around, not eat food, and a bunch of other stuff that i am still waiting to hear about.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 4th, 2006, 10:26 am

What sort of things do you get tested on? This sounds really cool, congrats on passing the test and good luck for the rest!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk